Rammer says A-10 is dead.....

The Wiz

Okay, so then what happens to the other 13 teams? They all just fold up and go away?

He said he thought the Big East would split into football and non football schools and many of the A-10 schools would try to join the non football BE schools..

He said he thought the Big East would split into football and non football schools and many of the A-10 schools would try to join the non football BE schools..

That's what I figured. That could be pretty good for us...I think.

This is obviously ideal, but what is he basing his speculation on? Reading this board?

This is obviously ideal, but what is he basing his speculation on? Reading this board?

All valuable knowledge in this universe comes from this board. I will assume there was no sarcasm in your post!!!

What would have changed with Nova blocking Temple from the joining the league? I still think that is the reason Temple is not only not there now but will not be in the future

My bad didnt read the other thread first

Edited by P.B.

What would have changed with Nova blocking Temple from the joining the league? I still think that is the reason Temple is not only not there now but will not be in the future

What has changed is the BE is desperate to find a football school for next season. WVU leaving at the last minute for the Big 12 has left all the football schools with a hole in their schedules that there is no easy way to fill at this late date. You are right about Nova but I think the desperate situation will cause the other schools to over rule Nova.

Why would the non-football BE teams leave a lucrative conference for some pie in the sky non-football conference? Seems to me the BE is set on having 12 football teams and a mega basketball conference, which by the way, they have had a mega basketball conference for some time.

Why would the non-football BE teams leave a lucrative conference for some pie in the sky non-football conference? Seems to me the BE is set on having 12 football teams and a mega basketball conference, which by the way, they have had a mega basketball conference for some time.

Theoretically the money from the BEast gets spread thin due to being so many schools eating the same pie

The A10 has died a million deaths.

With all the conference changes SLU has gone through & the historic upheaval of the A10 we seem like a match made in heaven.

A10 should have died when Nova & Penn St left. It didn't.

A10 should have died when Pitt left. It didn't.

A10 should have died when Penn St (again), West Virginia & Rutgers left. It didn't.

A10 should have died when Virginia Tech left. It didn't.

There are 14 teams in this league. How many are charter members? 3, GW, UMass, & Duquesne

Temple is a huge blow & the A10 brass is incompetent and ill prepared but the conference will survive and be a competitive high major.

The A10 has died a million deaths.

With all the conference changes SLU has gone through & the historic upheaval of the A10 we seem like a match made in heaven.

A10 should have died when Nova & Penn St left. It didn't.

A10 should have died when Pitt left. It didn't.

A10 should have died when Penn St (again), West Virginia & Rutgers left. It didn't.

A10 should have died when Virginia Tech left. It didn't.

There are 14 teams in this league. How many are charter members? 3, GW, UMass, & Duquesne

Temple is a huge blow & the A10 brass is incompetent and ill prepared but the conference will survive and be a competitive high major.

+1

Let's be honest, as long as X wants the A10 to exist, it will. Year in and year out, the A10 is the best non-BCS conference. There's not enough viable options for teams to walk away from our league. Temple being the exception, and possibly Charlotte if their football program has any success. X won't leave unless the Big East dissolves, in which case all hell would break loose, and hopefully we would land in another conference with similar basketball schools.

Rather than discuss what a mess the Beast is, let's look at this from the perspective of what's best for SLU. Most of us on here have been strong proponents for SLU staying in the A-10, but if teams starting getting picked off, most notably X and UD to go to some half breed FB/BB conference, which on the surface makes no sense whatsoever, what would/should SLU do? It would make sense for SLU to petition the MVC to be a member. What little geographic identity the A-10 has now would be gone with the elimination of X and UD. Granted the ideal for SLU is the fictional "Papal Conference" with an East and West division, but the Beast non FB'ers have never voiced their support for the ideal. For some reason they seem content to stay with a Beast that is spread out all over God's green acres and made up of schools that share vastly dissimilar academic values. And what does a FB centric league do for a BB centric league? At that juncture doesn't it make sense for the Beast BB'ers to just say screw it we're splitting and starting our own high profile BB only conference? And hopefully they make a call to SLU to join the new Western division. But what if SLU, X, UD, and Butler all got together and joined the MVC? I'd take that over even the current A-10 as a more desireable conference for us. Granted, not as desireable as the Papal idea, but a whole lot better than to stand pat and watch the A-10 come crumbling down around us. And as an aside, I don't think Temple's the keystone of the A-10. Yeah, if they left it would sting, but not kill. Now if X and UD jump ship, then it's time for us to find a new home.

If SLU, Dayton, X, and Butler alldecide to get together why would they decide to join a league that none of them were intrested in joining before?

If they all get left out of what ever happens with the Big East, they need to start there own thing. Why join a conference that can dictate terms to you? Start new with other like minded schools and programs. Why get stuck withEvansville, Drake, and Northen Iowa.

If SLU, Dayton, X, and Butler alldecide to get together why would they decide to join a league that none of them were intrested in joining before?

If they all get left out of what ever happens with the Big East, they need to start there own thing. Why join a conference that can dictate terms to you? Start new with other like minded schools and programs. Why get stuck withEvansville, Drake, and Northen Iowa.

I think a better example would be ISU, SIU, and UNI. Drake and Evansville are as like minded to us as Bonaventure and Fordham, if not more.

I think a better example would be ISU, SIU, and UNI. Drake and Evansville are as like minded to us as Bonaventure and Fordham, if not more.

Drake in Evansville are stuck in locations that are not attractive at all. Limited appeal for TV. I could have added teams like ISU, WSU, and SIU to for being public schools.

That league existed at one time. It was called the Midwestern Collegiate and only Butler stuck with what is now the Horizon.

That league existed at one time. It was called the Midwestern Collegiate and only Butler stuck with what is now the Horizon.

Yeah we were all in the MCC at one time. That conference had it's own problems with schools that didn't want to make a real commitment to basketball, including Butler at one time. You start a new conference with schools that have shown they are willing to make a commitment to basketball.

Drake in Evansville are stuck in locations that are not attractive at all. Limited appeal for TV. I could have added teams like ISU, WSU, and SIU to for being public schools.

Yeah I got it. Evansville, IN and Des Moines, IA are much less attractive TV markets than Olean, NY. :rolleyes: