Bills by 15 over Richmond

The Wiz

We take care of biz ...and we win.

As promised in an earlier thread, I am starting a Temple watch. Temple has 3 crucial games left. The rest will be wins for them. The 3 games are....

Tem by 1/2 over the Bonnies.....51% chance of a win

La S by 1 1/2 over Tem

St. J by 1 over Tem.

La S and SJ are back to back away games. If Tem loses to La S good chance they will be swept.

Should be interesting.

And as previously stated....we are favored in all our remaining games including the A-10 tourney.

We take care of biz ...and we win.

As promised in an earlier thread, I am starting a Temple watch. Temple has 3 crucial games left. The rest will be wins for them. The 3 games are....

Tem by 1/2 over the Bonnies.....51% chance of a win

La S by 1 1/2 over Tem

St. J by 1 over Tem.

La S and SJ are back to back away games. If Tem loses to La S good chance they will be swept.

Should be interesting.

And as previously stated....we are favored in all our remaining games including the A-10 tourney.

Wiz,

Great stuff man. You are on fire this year with your posts and information. Hope you stick around for years to come. Nobody beats the Wiz.

Given the special situation of Philly's Big Five, are the "road" games real road games or do they go and tip them at the Palestra? I know the Hawks played them at Liacouras so I am guessing that means payback on Hawk Hill. What about La Salle?

Given the special situation of Philly's Big Five, are the "road" games real road games or do they go and tip them at the Palestra? I know the Hawks played them at Liacouras so I am guessing that means payback on Hawk Hill. What about La Salle?

I only give about 3 points for home court....In the case of "inter-city" play I shave that to about 2 points.

Both games are being played in the respective home gyms, not the Palestra.

http://www.owlsports...spx?path=mbball

2/22/2012 @ La Salle - Tom Gola Arena

2/25/2012 @ Saint Joseph's - Hagan Arena

@duff -- thanks.

@wiz --- not worried about what the point differential is, but about the boost emotion might bring to the home team plus the disadvantage sight lines and unfamiliarity might add to the contest. In my book, neither La Salle nor St. Joe's has any business being on the same court as Temple and no matter the location, I'd pick Temple over La Salle anywhere but St. Joe's might be able to ride th eemotion at Hagan and win. But that's why you play the games.

Hmm.....

If you needed Temple to lose who would you rather them play.....Bowling Green or La Salle?

If you needed Temple to lose who would you rather them play.....Richmond or St. Joe?

La S and St. Joe are both better teams than BG and Rich. ...teams that beat Temple.

Temple has a rough road to travel.

Just saying....

Too bad we can't play Temple at our place. A scheduling quirk that denies us a rematch that we would be favored to win. The Fetz would be rockin'.

Wiz, you do realize that our one game against Temple was at The 'Fetz, right? If we had Temple on the schedule twice, we would have to go to Philly to play them next.

I would think the Wiz is talking in the here and now and knows for sure what happened where. I am also sure that with his system, we'd be favored in his book at Liacouras. Doubt the result would be good but you never know.

Temple gives us fits because they seem to always have those long,lean athletic types ---- usually with guards bigger than our guards and usually big men more mobile and athletic than our bigs. Against Eric, Lee and Hollis-Jefferson, we can only really counter athletically with Remekun. I'd guess Evans gets Moore but Moore is POY in the A10 in my book right now. Plus, their bigs can readjust and get out on Ellis and Loe quicker and negate some open looks.

I'd settle for a SLU/Temple final on the boards. But that will be a de facto home game for the Owls. I'dalso like to see Temple play X in the 1/4game the night before. Slugfest and tiring.

I would think the Wiz is talking in the here and now and knows for sure what happened where. I am also sure that with his system, we'd be favored in his book at Liacouras. Doubt the result would be good but you never know.

Temple gives us fits because they seem to always have those long,lean athletic types ---- usually with guards bigger than our guards and usually big men more mobile and athletic than our bigs. Against Eric, Lee and Hollis-Jefferson, we can only really counter athletically with Remekun. I'd guess Evans gets Moore but Moore is POY in the A10 in my book right now. Plus, their bigs can readjust and get out on Ellis and Loe quicker and negate some open looks.

I'd settle for a SLU/Temple final on the boards. But that will be a de facto home game for the Owls. I'dalso like to see Temple play X in the 1/4game the night before. Slugfest and tiring.

That might be the case in that The Wiz was just stating that he would like for us to be able to play Temple again at our place at this point in the season. The wording just seemed odd, I guess.

I doubt that The Wiz would have us as favorites @ Temple, though. Against LaSalle, he had us as only 3 point favorites. My guess, based on his previous predictions, he would have it as a pick 'em or perhaps SLU as 1 to 1 1/2 point dogs.

Wiz, you do realize that our one game against Temple was at The 'Fetz, right? If we had Temple on the schedule twice, we would have to go to Philly to play them next.

My bad....I was out of town for that game ...so I was playing away not the Bills...lol. In any case, we need to whip Temple in the final game of the A-10 tourney. A win over the Owls on the final day of the season and tourney would be worth much more than a regular season rematch win. A real seed booster. That would be sweet.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I just don't see Temple losing to anyone but us in the A-10 tourney.

Ban this heretic immediately!!!! Where are you moderators!?!?!?!?

I see the Richmond game as a key to the rest of the season. This is a potential let down game. They are good enough to beat us if we don't come to play, but will also be a team that will be hard to get up for after our emotional two game sweep in Philly that has us on a high. If we come out and take care of business that will show we've come to another level and should roll to the end of the season. If we have a let down, it will make things far more risky than they need to be.