crowd

wgstl

WOW, what a crowd. Imagine if it was that full week in and week out. Besides our 3pt shooting and FT's that pissed me off, the crowd made me very very happy.

I was only impressed with the number of people. They were relatively inactive IMO. It was great to have so many students at the game but they were subpar for the large number.

I was only impressed with the number of people. They were relatively inactive IMO. It was great to have so many students at the game but they were subpar for the large number.

Very true I was mainly talking about crowd size. And How could I forget about the size of the SS. incredible.

I thought it was a hard game to get into vocally.

Slow, sloppy play with lots of fouls and timeouts makes it hard for the crowd to get into it just like it does the players.

It also hurt that there was not a lot of big runs. When the home team gets hot on offense or needs a big stop on defense is when it gets the loudest.

I was yelling and standing like normal but because of the sloppy play, by both teams, i felt like it was forced.

Agreed...the standard by which I hold our crowd to is the 2009 2OT Dayton game...there was a buzz in the air that I have yet to see matched.

Agreed...the standard by which I hold our crowd to is the 2009 2OT Dayton game...there was a buzz in the air that I have yet to see matched.

The way the game is going dicates a lot of how the crowd goes.

The 2 OT games had even non sports fans and non SLU fans on their feet and screaming. It was a fun and exciting game even if you didnt have a rooting intrest.

Tonights game would of been hard the casual basketball fan to get into.

Ive been to a few college games at other places without a rooting intrest. If it is a good, crisp, exciting game Ill be on my feet and screaming but if its a crap game, even if its close, I wont be as vocal.

I wish people would get up and cheer at the end of the game. When it was still close, the crowd looked comatose.

With 55 seconds to go I looked across the arena and saw a bunch of people heading for the exits.

That had me pissed off. The game was still in question, especially with our FT shooting, and these A-Holes are heading for the door.

No excuse for that at a 4 PM game.

Where do they have to be on a Saturday night at 6?

Why weren't you in the house?

Missed this one. My wife is a Xavier fan so we came down to Memphis for that game. Her birthday is next weekend. When the Bills tipped, we were at Graceland. Listened to the rest of the first half on the way to Gus' Fried Chicken and the last part of the game at the hotel. I'm getting some good use from the ESPN 101 app.

The way the game is going dicates a lot of how the crowd goes.

The 2 OT games had even non sports fans and non SLU fans on their feet and screaming. It was a fun and exciting game even if you didnt have a rooting intrest.

Tonights game would of been hard the casual basketball fan to get into.

That's true...the 2009 game was a game in which we overcame a rather large deficit. However, tonight there were a few possessions (both offensively and defensively) that deserved a frenzied fan reaction

Missed this one. My wife is a Xavier fan so we came down to Memphis for that game. Her birthday is next weekend. When the Bills tipped, we were at Graceland. Listened to the rest of the first half on the way to Gus' Fried Chicken and the last part of the game at the hotel. I'm getting some good use from the ESPN 101 app.

I have that app. ###### never works

The amount of blue I saw in the general crowd tonight was the amount of blue I should see every night. Some might think it was an impressive showing for the blue out, but I refuse to believe that everyone in that stadium does not have some blue piece of clothing in their wardrobe.

It should be EVEN bluer at every single game. Or at least people could put on white or black - who wears brown/green/purple/pink to a SLU game?? Glad there was progress though, I don't want to be completely whiny :)

The amount of blue I saw in the general crowd tonight was the amount of blue I should see every night. Some might think it was an impressive showing for the blue out, but I refuse to believe that everyone in that stadium does not have some blue piece of clothing in their wardrobe.

It should be EVEN bluer at every single game. Or at least people could put on white or black - who wears brown/green/purple/pink to a SLU game?? Glad there was progress though, I don't want to be completely whiny :)

100% correct