For the record...

moytoy12

i think they can only go to the monitor for clock issues, foot on the three point line or not questions, and to judge 'fights" i.e. was it a punch, who was punching etc.

i have seen refs go back a possession to look at three point questions before. could have been schmidt or rickma asked for that?

i think they can only go to the monitor for clock issues, foot on the three point line or not questions, and to judge 'fights" i.e. was it a punch, who was punching etc.

i have seen refs go back a possession to look at three point questions before. could have been schmidt or rickma asked for that?

No, I've seen that done before. THIS whistle blew because of the play I described. It was either a foul or a walk. If it was a walk, the Bonnies would have gotten the ball back. If it was a foul, we'd have the ball but the foul has to be announced to the official scorer and I didn't see that happen. And with only an explanation to the benches, WE got the ball. There was a lot of crappy officiating in that game, but my beef here is that I still don't know what that particular call was.

No, I've seen that done before. THIS whistle blew because of the play I described. It was either a foul or a walk. If it was a walk, the Bonnies would have gotten the ball back. If it was a foul, we'd have the ball but the foul has to be announced to the official scorer and I didn't see that happen. And with only an explanation to the benches, WE got the ball. There was a lot of crappy officiating in that game, but my beef here is that I still don't know what that particular call was.

I am with all of you in that I have no idea what the refs were looking for, why the whistle blew and what the inevitable call was. However, one thing I did see was that after the refs talked to our coaches, Jim Crews made a motion with his elbow, as if he was stating that Jett got elbowed in the face and that it should have been a flagrant. He and Mejerus were not happy with whatever explanation they got, from my vantage point (I am in Section 112, directly behind the Bills bench.)

This year there's a new rule where they can go to the monitor for elbows thrown and decide whether to call an intentional foul or not.

Did anyone else catch Guy announcing the "personalble" foul?

So, is that like an affectionate tap, 'an excuse me' bump? I guess if they've added flagrant fouls to the rulebook, then it stands to reason that there should be the opposite. "I'm sorry...." ,.... "no, no, MY fault entirely".

And thanks to all who explained the mystery whistle. A check for an elbow thrown seems like the most logical explanation.

Does anyone know if the internet feed is what the officials are watching?

I noticed while that was going on my feed was being rewound and then played forward and it happened a few times.

If that is the case those idiots need to learn how to work the DVR or whatever it is better.

They would rewind that thing about 30 seconds to far everytime. Then they would try and fast forward it to the right point and would blow right past it.

Then they would do the entire thing over again.

Finally they just went to far back and just waited about 30 seconds.

Does anyone know if the internet feed is what the officials are watching?

I noticed while that was going on my feed was being rewound and then played forward and it happened a few times.

If that is the case those idiots need to learn how to work the DVR or whatever it is better.

They would rewind that thing about 30 seconds to far everytime. Then they would try and fast forward it to the right point and would blow right past it.

Then they would do the entire thing over again.

Finally they just went to far back and just waited about 30 seconds.

That is very interesting. I was at the game so I don't know. But what we call the 'internet feed' is "commandeered" or stolen diverted if you will. If what you saw happened at the same time as the refs were reviewing, then I guess the house feed is what actually shows up on the internet. Like everyone else, I've enjoyed a lot of free road games (albeit with a somewhat crappy picture) but I often wondered just where it was coming from. I guess those terrororists over at firstrowsports are pulling it off a satellite?

This year there's a new rule where they can go to the monitor for elbows thrown and decide whether to call an intentional foul or not.

To bad they didn't go to the monitor for all the bows that Manute Bol-looking mofo was throwing at Cody's face. It was ridiculous.