Xavier Hate Fest and the New World Order

prebilliken

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In small widely spaced doses heroin is an effective painkiller

"So, render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, but keep the moneychangers out of the temple, and keep music to yourself. I would advise you to keep your overhead down; avoid a major drug habit; play every day; and take it in front of other people—they need to hear it, and you need them to hear it . And persevere. The Japanese say, "fall down seven times, and stand up eight times."

-- James Taylor, graduation speaker, Berklee College of Music, 1995

(I'm not sure if I mean it as a response to Rich or because the proverb proves that Rickma-sensei is a Zen master.)

"So, render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, but keep the moneychangers out of the temple, and keep music to yourself. I would advise you to keep your overhead down; avoid a major drug habit; play every day; and take it in front of other people—they need to hear it, and you need them to hear it . And persevere. The Japanese say, "fall down seven times, and stand up eight times."

-- James Taylor, graduation speaker, Berklee College of Music, 1995

Yeah, right...I thought the subject of this thread was "Xavier Hate-Fest"! So, can we please get back to the hating?

Yeah, right...I thought the subject of this thread was "Xavier Hate-Fest"! So, can we please get back to the hating?

Thank you! And not on fellow Bills fans.

Just heap the X hate, give into the power of the darkside, let your hate control you.

I'll start it over: Man, I enjoyed watching those sorry thugs get curb stomped on their home floor. That school is a SLU-Light wanna be filled with kids that would pass out on the patio during Penny Pitchers.

GO!

More on topic- what was it that coach Mack did, or said to get that technical? Because AFTER the technical was given, it was obvious that he screamed, "###### bull****!" Apparently, it's allright to scream that out in the middle of a Jesuit get-together. Luckily, my 10 yr old daughter, who was watching the game with me, doesn't have lip reading skills as refined as mine.

I did record the game, and just to verify what I believe that I had seen, I asked our deaf nanny to verify my translation. She embarrasedly did so, and then she went on and sign languaged to me some more interesting information. She is a Mormon, and grew up in Utah. According to her, several generations ago, her people had a falling out with the Young clan, and that's why she despises BYU, and thus is a big Utah fan. She also loves Coach Majerus, because he coached a deaf player at Utah, and she's been following Majerus ever since he coached at Utah, and has seen him in many games, both live and on TV. Well, she claims, the worst she's ever read out of his mouth was "Gosh Darn-it!", and that was as the Utes were blowing a 12 point 2nd half lead over kentucky in the 1998 Final Four.

I'd say that is a pretty stark contrast to the foul-mouthed leader of the thugs at Xavier!

More on topic- what was it that coach Mack did, or said to get that technical? Because AFTER the technical was given, it was obvious that he screamed, "###### bull****!" Apparently, it's allright to scream that out in the middle of a Jesuit get-together. Luckily, my 10 yr old daughter, who was watching the game with me, doesn't have lip reading skills as refined as mine.

I did record the game, and just to verify what I believe that I had seen, I asked our deaf nanny to verify my translation. She embarrasedly did so, and then she went on and sign languaged to me some more interesting information. She is a Mormon, and grew up in Utah. According to her, several generations ago, her people had a falling out with the Young clan, and that's why she despises BYU, and thus is a big Utah fan. She also loves Coach Majerus, because he coached a deaf player at Utah, and she's been following Majerus ever since he coached at Utah, and has seen him in many games, both live and on TV. Well, she claims, the worst she's ever read out of his mouth was "Gosh Darn-it!", and that was as the Utes were blowing a 12 point 2nd half lead over kentucky in the 1998 Final Four.

I'd say that is a pretty stark contrast to the foul-mouthed leader of the thugs at Xavier!

I know the X announcers said that Mack pointed out that Mitchell stepped out of bounds. The T happened before the F bombs on TV though........

I'd say that is a pretty stark contrast to the RM we have all heard about.

Does she know the story about the deaf guy and his handicap?

I'd say that is a pretty stark contrast to the RM we have all heard about.

Does she know the story about the deaf guy and his handicap?

+1

Let's not get too self-righteous here with the "Jesuit" stuff. We all cheered at the Field House a few weeks ago when Rick could clearly be seen using an F-bomb in response to a missed foul call. Mack can say what he wants. It's up to the refs to respond to it.

I had noticed that early, maybe less than 10 mins in, Mack had been warned by the officals. They brought him over and had a conversation with him that clearly had the tone of "settle down."

I thought he let out the curse before the technical, and that is what caused it. McCall (not Mitchell) recieved a pass very close to the sideline and Mack was yelling that it was out, then when the ref waved him off he let out his F bomb.

Either way, F bomb before or after the T, he had to have let some magic words go, the stripes didn't even hesitate. He had been warned and and they weren't taking it.

Mack looked nervous and scared from the get go and rode the refs, he deserved that T, I'm really learning to dislike him.

That deaf kid was the kid Majerus called "a disgrace to cripples" and whom he nicknamed "C--t Face."

You probably don't want to tell your nanny that though.

Mack looked nervous and scared from the get go and rode the refs, he deserved that T, I'm really learning to dislike him.

Hopefully, your next step after dislike will be HATE! Hate-fests are a lot more fun and intersting than dislike.

But, I'm sure the words I saw were after the technical was called. It did have to do with the missed out of bounds call.

This is more a rip on UC than Xavier - if you're going to wear this shirt, you better be pretty damn good looking.

Posted Image

Listen, I used to date a girl from Cincy (a time of my life I don't want to often bring up). They kick you out of the town if you're pretty, that's how she got to SLU.

I hate X, but I ain't got no love for the Bearcats either... Hold over from the CUSA glory days. Huggins is still a bum.

The one thing the Minutemen have going for them on Saturday is that the UMass coeds are LEGENDARY in their hotness. I grew up in the Boston area, if you go to UMass its because you didn't get in to any of the Boston area schools. Amherst has a notorious party scene and is well known by the people of the Bay State as ZooMass. My parents often let me know I would not be attending that school when I was younger.

If you need further proof: http://boston.barstoolsports.com/m/hot-gallery/wake-up-with-the-girls-of-umass/?pid=43697

Its SFW, but basically just questionably dressed college girls so you've been warned. Nothing worse than any Oregon photos linked to this site.

Either way, gimme a good midwestern girl any day. Bills by 7.

This is hilarious. I remember watching Rick when Utah played at Arizona. The game was on national TV, so I was able to rewind to be sure of what was said. As the ref ran past him he screamed, "I want a fair fu*&ing game! I didn't come here to get fuc#%d!" He can curse with the best of them. It really is amazing what a ref will put up with and not give a T.

it is my understanding that rickma has on occasion been hired by the navy during the summer to do seminars on cursing.

jeezo, prebilliken, you giving jimbofive a run for his money ? Was that every coed in Amherst ?

If I become known as "that one guy on the board that has an instant assessment of the quality of coeds on every campus in America" then I'm fine with that.

But seriously, UMass, smoke shows.