GDT: Charlotte

slufan13

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great run in the second half to hold the 49ers at 49, while we were busy hitting some open 3's (finally). As soon as the press came though, we looked like we were lost, when previously we have handled the press pretty good, I think. McCall had a nice scoring game but should have had 2 more or at least one more assist.

Nice escape on this one. Next road game only get's tougher. Maybe we'll play well for 40 for a trip down memory lane. 30 even?

Let's let the team rest and not work them like they are on the Baton Death March. This team looked worn out, spent, in the first half, and again the last 4 minutes.

Agree totally. Give them two days rest or take one day and let them do nothing but shoot free throws. I like the lineup of MM, KM, JJ, CE, and BC. Especially against teams who are guard oriented, ie Temple. Maybe even DE for MM or JJ. Great game by CE. He's got to start having a lot more like this one. Yes, KC remembered he's allowed to shoot, but then he forgot how to keep a handle on the ball. Cripes, that's the main reason he's in there. A nail biter at the end but great to see them looking like November for about 15 minutes in the second half. 1-3 would have been a real downer. More important they know they can win on the road against a decent team. Boy, the Charlotte fans were quiet even at the end.

Loe and Evans didn't get many minutes. I hardly remember seeing Evans out there.

And then of course there's Butch. Though I was glad he was at least shooting today.

Loe simpy can't guard these athletic bigs.

I don't know what happened to Evans today, who before this game had been playing good ball.

The best lineup today, the one that won the game, was Conklin, Ellis, Mitchell, McCall, and Jett. Maybe this had to do with matchups against this particular UNCC team. However, one would think Evans should be able to play with UNCC. Maybe Evans just had an off day.

I hope RM throws that late game strategy in the f'ing trash.

Quality control- we've got to play to win, not not to lose. This team was running UNCC off the court during that big 2nd half run. There was no reason to go back to the shot clock expiration, stall ball offense.

And the wrong guy, I don't even have to say the name, was on the court for much of that quick UNCC comeback.

Quality control- we've got to play to win, not not to lose. This team was running UNCC off the court during that big 2nd half run. There was no reason to go back to the shot clock expiration, stall ball offense.

And the wrong guy, I don't even have to say the name, was on the court for much of that quick UNCC comeback.

Totally agree.

Bottom Line, with all the frustration, hyperventilation, and hypertension, with the UNCC Blackout and ridiculous talking heads:

This was a HUGE ROAD WIN for SLU.

The 1 point margin of victory is irrelevant for the RPI. Blowing all but 1 point of a 13 point lead is irrelevant. All that matters in the big picture is the W.

And a road win counts as 1.4 wins in the RPI.

Didn't get to see the game and I'm not sure if there's an individual player you'd prefer to see on the bench, so I'll ask, who are you referring to?

This game was so weird even Rammer was having trouble summing it up. He criticized the refs but on the whole they helped more than hurt us. Earl A. was right, the biggest play of the game was the foul committed on Conk BEFORE McCall made the 3. Five point play. Huge in a game with all those turnovers and sloppy play. Where has Cassity's shot gone to ? I hate the "prevent offense"--almost killed us today. I don't care what RM wants, you've got to take a gift layup late in the game. Good call by Rickma to call for the intentional miss on that last free throw, though. Whew, Jekyll + Hyde !

This game was so weird even Rammer was having trouble summing it up. He criticized the refs but on the whole they helped more than hurt us. Earl A. was right, the biggest play of the game was the foul committed on Conk BEFORE McCall made the 3. Five point play. Huge in a game with all those turnovers and sloppy play. Where has Cassity's shot gone to ? I hate the "prevent offense"--almost killed us today. I don't care what RM wants, you've got to take a gift layup late in the game. Good call by Rickma to call for the intentional miss on that last free throw, though. Whew, Jekyll + Hyde !

I agree that in this one, overall, the refs did help more than they hurt us. Of course, osmosis could be involved for me because the Charlotte announcers complained about the refs the whole game, saying they were not calling fouls, letting it get too physical, etc. Twice they complained about elbows, which was the genesis of my post above about getting the elbow wrench. Reading a post above, and given the refs reviewed it on the monitor, perhaps Conklin's alleged "elbow" wasn't exactly as portrayed by the Charlotte radio announcers.

Didn't get to see the game and I'm not sure if there's an individual player you'd prefer to see on the bench, so I'll ask, who are you referring to?

Cassity had the ball stolen from him twice at crunch time. On the positive side, he did shoot the ball today. Even if he missed his 3's, he didn't pass them up.

At least for today, this game, our best lineup was Conklin, Ellis, Mitchell, Jett, and McCall. I'm sure Evans belongs in the mix, and saw his big game against GW. For some reason, he spent a lot of time on the bench today.

I put this last 2-3 mins on RM. poor strategy.

Is there anything that isn't on RM? If players can't execute isn't always on the coach

Pistol, I had that Southern Hemisphere IPA at The Tap Room a couple of weeks ago with Fish and Chips. Loved it

Is there anything that isn't on RM? If players can't execute isn't always on the coach

Pistol, I had that Southern Hemisphere IPA at The Tap Room a couple of weeks ago with Fish and Chips. Loved it

I don't blame RM when his gameplan gets us open looks and we fail to hit the shots. The last 4 min was obviously directed by RM and the product of our play during that time was a direct result of his influence.

Avery Brewing in boulder and get the maharaja. Best beer you will ever have. It's only in season for about 4 months (may to early September-ish) so get while the gettin' is good.

It doesn't matter what you game plan if the players don't execute. Earlier in the gdt you blamed RM for the offense not performing against the zone. I don't think RM is perfect, however, I highly doubt the players haven't been prepared to handle a press and a zone