One big need

JettFlight5

I think a glaring need for the Bills is a go-to scorer. A guy that we can flat out get the rock to and expect a deuce or a trip to the line. There are good players here, but not that guy that can flat out take over a game and carry the team on his back. God knows Brian Conklin is trying, but we need a guy that we can expect 20 from every night.

Those players are rare, don't get me wrong...but last night Temple had that guy.

I think a glaring need for the Bills is a go-to scorer. A guy that we can flat out get the rock to and expect a deuce or a trip to the line. There are good players here, but not that guy that can flat out take over a game and carry the team on his back. God knows Brian Conklin is trying, but we need a guy that we can expect 20 from every night. Those players are rare, don't get me wrong...but last night Temple had that guy.

the guy that is moving to that point is evans. i am very excited what dwayne seems to be becoming. unfortunately i dont think he becomes the game in game out write it down guy for at least another year. part of because of natural progression and maturity and part of it for opportunities (or lack thereof) presented. i.e. others trying to be the man first.

the guy that is moving to that point is evans. i am very excited what dwayne seems to be becoming. unfortunately i dont think he becomes the game in game out write it down guy for at least another year. part of because of natural progression and maturity and part of it for opportunities (or lack thereof) presented. i.e. others trying to be the man first.

Agreed

I don't think Evans has the quickness or athleticism to be that guy unless he develops a better outside shot. He'll get his points, but many of them will be scrap points. What we need is a 6'5" KM

Yeah, I agree, we need a scorer.

If you've never watched the movie "Hoosiers", you ought to check it out. I usually watch it once or twice a month. There are a lot of paralells between the Hickory high school team, and the current Billikens team. For one thing, reportedly, the coach in the movie, played by Gene Hackman, is loosely based on Rick Majerus.

Anyway, Hickory High school had a go-to scorer named Jimmy Chitwood. The Bills definitely need a Jimmy Chitwood. We could have had one in Willie Reed. They both are a lot alike. Both were head cases.

I also think the Bills need to run the "picket fence" play more often. Majerus invented it after all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've ran it at all, except possibly during the pre-season Canadian tour. Sure, many teams added the picket fence play as a staple in their offensive schemes after the movie popularized it. In fact, Keith Smart's game winning shot in the 1987 NCAA tournament finals was a perfectly executed picket fence. But, you don't see it too much these days.

Hey Coach Majerus...How about running the picket fence!!!

Yeah, I agree, we need a scorer. If you've never watched the movie "Hoosiers", you ought to check it out. I usually watch it once or twice a month. There are a lot of paralells between the Hickory high school team, and the current Billikens team. For one thing, reportedly, the coach in the movie, played by Gene Hackman, is loosely based on Rick Majerus. Anyway, Hickory High school had a go-to scorer named Jimmy Chitwood. The Bills definitely need a Jimmy Chitwood. We could have had one in Willie Reed. They both are a lot alike. Both were head cases. I also think the Bills need to run the "picket fence" play more often. Majerus invented it after all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've ran it at all, except possibly during the pre-season Canadian tour. Sure, many teams added the picket fence play as a staple in their offensive schemes after the movie popularized it. In fact, Keith Smart's game winning shot in the 1987 NCAA tournament finals was a perfectly executed picket fence. But, you don't see it too much these days. Hey Coach Majerus...How about running the picket fence!!!

Yeah, and they named the movie after you.

Yeah, I agree, we need a scorer.

If you've never watched the movie "Hoosiers", you ought to check it out. I usually watch it once or twice a month. There are a lot of paralells between the Hickory high school team, and the current Billikens team. For one thing, reportedly, the coach in the movie, played by Gene Hackman, is loosely based on Rick Majerus.

Anyway, Hickory High school had a go-to scorer named Jimmy Chitwood. The Bills definitely need a Jimmy Chitwood. We could have had one in Willie Reed. They both are a lot alike. Both were head cases.

I also think the Bills need to run the "picket fence" play more often. Majerus invented it after all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've ran it at all, except possibly during the pre-season Canadian tour. Sure, many teams added the picket fence play as a staple in their offensive schemes after the movie popularized it. In fact, Keith Smart's game winning shot in the 1987 NCAA tournament finals was a perfectly executed picket fence. But, you don't see it too much these days.

Hey Coach Majerus...How about running the picket fence!!!

This is a little OT but Hooisers is one of my top 3 movies of all time. Ive read some articles and watched some documentries about that Milan High team. (The team the story was based on) And one thing that has always stood out to me is that they beat Oscar Robertson's team on the way to the state championship.

The big O was a sophomore and it was the only loss of his HS career. Him and his team went on to win the next two state championships.

Back on topic...a game changing scorer would be real nice,

This is a little OT but Hooisers is one of my top 3 movies of all time. Ive read some articles and watched some documentries about that Milan High team. (The team the story was based on) And one thing that has always stood out to me is that they beat Oscar Robertson's team on the way to the state championship.

The big O was a sophomore and it was the only loss of his HS career. Him and his team went on to win the next two state championships.

If you go by the movie, South Bend Central was the most poorly coached team in the history of basketball. First, with no shot clock in high school basketball, why is their coach allowing the one white guy on the team take a shot with a minute left and the team up a few baskets. Second, why didn't they call a timeout when they were having trouble in-bounding the ball up 2. Third, why didn't they call a timout after Hickory tied it up. Lastly, where's the double-team on Jimmy in the waning seconds?

In all seriousness, best sports movie ever...though I'm watching Moneyball tomorrow night with high expectations.

Oh, and I think KM can still be that guy, but I think he'd be better served dishing off when the help D comes over on his drives or stopping and pulling up, Marquee Perry style. Too many circus shots right now.

If you go by the movie, South Bend Central was the most poorly coached team in the history of basketball. First, with no shot clock in high school basketball, why is their coach allowing the one white guy on the team take a shot with a minute left and the team up a few baskets. Second, why didn't they call a timeout when they were having trouble in-bounding the ball up 2. Third, why didn't they call a timout after Hickory tied it up. Lastly, where's the double-team on Jimmy in the waning seconds?

In all seriousness, best sports movie ever...though I'm watching Moneyball tomorrow night with high expectations.

Oh, and I think KM can still be that guy, but I think he'd be better served dishing off when the help D comes over on his drives or stopping and pulling up, Marquee Perry style. Too many circus shots right now.

Agree.

And Im actually planning on watching Moneyball tonight with high expectations as well.

I don't think Evans has the quickness or athleticism to be that guy unless he develops a better outside shot. He'll get his points, but many of them will be scrap points. What we need is a 6'5" KM

Skip, gotta disagree. I think DE does have the ability and drive to get a double double every game. I think his outside shot has come a long way too. I think he may turn out to be one of our top players and become that go to scorer in the process. I just don't understand why he hasn't done more to this point, although he is clearly moving in that direction. He was our second leading scorer last year.

I think IF Willie was still here we would have that go to guy, but DE may be the next best scoring option.

Yeah, and after that you can shuck some corn w/ Barbara Hersey. Maybe even put the team in short shorts. We've got good scorers they just need to get some to drop like they did in Nov.

I would love to shuck some with Barbara Hershey. That would make me forget about the team entirely.

On the Bills, would like to see Loe in double figures consistently.

First, with no shot clock in high school basketball, why is their coach allowing the one white guy on the team take a shot with a minute left and the team up a few baskets.

Maybe because he was the best shooter on the team? Joey Chitwood was white too; with possibly some Indian blood thrown in too.

Hoosiers blows away Moneyball...at least the parts of Moneyball that I didn't sleep through. The book is much better.

Back on topic...a game changing scorer would be real nice,

Is Robertson portrayed in the movie? I don't recall that.

Maybe because he was the best shooter on the team? Joey Chitwood was white too; with possibly some Indian blood thrown in too.

Hoosiers blows away Moneyball...at least the parts of Moneyball that I didn't sleep through. The book is much better.

It's JIMMY Chitwood - c'mon man! Not sure I can take you seriously again

It's JIMMY Chitwood - c'mon man! Not sure I can take you seriously again

JOEY Chitwood, I believe, was a race car driver/ stunt driver, but he never drove the lane for a layup. Bobby Plump (?) was the real Jimmy Chitwood. And Barbara Hershey never really lived in Hickory or Milan.