XU-Cincy brawl

brianstl

Dezmine Wells will certainly be suspended for a number of games, as he was swinging wildly at the end. They may let Tu and Lyons go, as neither of them actually threw any punches as far as I could tell, even though both were certainly instigating throughout the entire game and are probably the ones most responsible for it getting to that level.

Lyons will/should get suspended...he threw several punches in a side scrum...

If I were the Xavier AD, I might consider suspending Holloway and Mack for 1 game due to their ignorant post game comments...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This brawl was as ugly as it gets in college hoops. X seemed to set the table at the end of the first half. I think it was Lyons talking trash to the UC bench. There was a little shoving match but nothing serious. Then it got down right nasty w/ 9.4 seconds left. Frease got cold conked and looked like Rocky after Creed got thru bashing him for 15 rounds. Be interesting to see what X gets. The UC player who sucker punched Frease will definitely get something.

Tu Holloway really sat down in front of a microphone and said "We have a bunch of gangsters in our locker room....Our motto is to zip 'em up." That's truly amazing. Does he have an IQ of 65? What made him think it would be a good idea to say that into a microphone?

Tu Holloway really sat down in front of a microphone and said "We have a bunch of gangsters in our locker room....Our motto is to zip 'em up." That's truly amazing. Does he have an IQ of 65? What made him think it would be a good idea to say that into a microphone?

I hope he makes the NBA otherwise it's going to be a paper hat and a spatula for this kid...

Here is the press conferece with Cincinnati coach. Agree with him 100%.

http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=273285

TU's post interview was absurd. I can't believe X let that interview happen. I would be embarrassed if I was an X alum right now..

I can honestly say I dont think we would EVER, EVER see anything like this from our Billiken team.

Wow! I just watched the press conference. I thought people were making this stuff up. Unbelievable. It really makes you wonder how these kids are raised to talk like that - what are their parents telling them?!?! I have always admired the Xavier program, but now, it is difficult to look at them in the same light. Xavier must be so proud...

Frease completely ran away from that fight, like a girl (granted after getting decked and stomped). I don't think the Eugene Enforcer would turn his back away from that.

Your interpretation is preposterous.

He got sucker punched from behind by a huge thug power forward, and you say, what?

The type of thugs we play against are finally exposed. They are all over the place. Student athletes, my ass.

Agree and what makes them think that this sort of behavior on television no less is acceptible. Suspensions should be long and many. If they want to fight then give them gloves and put them in an NCAA sanctioned Ring. What a joke!!

That was absolutely reprehensible! There should be multiple-game suspensions for players from both teams. And some of those guys involved left the bench to join in, which is an automatic suspension, isn't it? Xavier should have to forfeit its next game, because they won't have anyone available to play!

The type of thugs we play against are finally exposed. They are all over the place. Student athletes, my ass.

Yeah it is all around around us. You see this stuff happen all the time in college basketball.

You think you could overreact just a tad bit more?

It is actually a testament to the people involved in this sport that you don't see this happen more with 300 hundred plus teams playing at least 30 games a year in D1, This kind of stuff is an extreme rarity. It isn't a college sports problem, but rather a XU and Cincy problem.

Yeah it is all around around us. You see this stuff happen all the time in college basketball.

You think you could overreact just a tad bit more?

It is actually a testament to the people involved in this sport that you don't see this happen more with 300 hundred plus teams playing at least 30 games a year in D1, This kind of stuff is an extreme rarity. It isn't a college sports problem, but rather a XU and Cincy problem.

I was referring to the interviews after the game, not the actual fight.

In the heat of the moment, the players showed their true colors, they said what they were really thinking. They let their guard down.

By the way, Cincy pushed us around for a long, long time, then changed leagues; we all knew they were all thugs. Now it's Xavier.

And I say it is much, much more widespread than just Cincy and X.

I repeat, student athletes, my ass.

I was referring to the interviews after the game, not the actual fight.

In the heat of the moment, the players showed their true colors, they said what they were really thinking. They let their guard down.

By the way, Cincy pushed us around for a long, long time, then changed leagues; we all knew they were all thugs. Now it's Xavier.

And I say it is much, much more widespread than just Cincy and X.

I repeat, student athletes, my ass.

Yeah,because we get postgame interviews like that all the time.

Why don't you just say what you really want to say? Just say that you don't trust all of those innercity black kids that play basketball. That you don't trust them no matter how well they do in school, no matter if they never get in trouble, and no matter what they accomplish. You think these young black males are just a split second away from becoming complete savages.

By the way, Cincy under Huggins never pulled anything close to the crap we saw today.