Biondi at Commencement

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get out! You have got to be joking or kidding me. Can someone please corroborate this.

I'd be very surprised, make that shocked, if this was true. If there's dirty laundry you certainly don't make it part of a graduation address.

I think he said something about when the alumni come back to basketball games, hopefully they'll have won a game this century or something to that effect.

If that's true, then ###### that guy in his ###### mouth. Commitment my ass. I hope we go to the tournament this year and during Senior Night, Brian Conklin chest passes the ball into his face so hard it knocks his ###### collar off. What a ###### ######...

I think he said something about when the alumni come back to basketball games, hopefully they'll have won a game this century or something to that effect.

Wow. Bush league. If this is true nice to see the great father being a great example for our recent graduates.

Wow. Bush league. If this is true nice to see the great father being a great example for our recent graduates.

Hey, at least he knows we have a bb program. If true, shame on the good father. This ought to serve as great motivation for RM and the team.

I attended the commencement & heard the statement made by Fr Biondi. He did make a comment stating that he hoped the program would win sometime this century. He did not name names, but there is no doubt about what he was referring to.

He kicks the star PG out of school for something that's not even a crime, and then makes jokes about the program losing? What a ###### jerk. Were BC and KC and their families sitting in the arena when he made this joke?

The SGA in '05 was very close to issuing a vote of "no confidence" in Fr. Biondi. Having been on SGA my senior year, it was very interesting to see how polarizing the man really is. Obviously there's a camp that is totally in love with a man they've seen once or twice on campus. The other camp had a knife at his throat over issuing a fee for commencement speakers (ours was totally lame), naked statues and an intramural field of horrible sculptures.

Rick might not be the crux of all our basketball-related problems at the U. Maybe we turn our attention to the man in the roman collar.

He wonders why the program doesn't win....look in the frackin' mirror. Biondi has cost this program more than any player or Situation.

+1.

And people can criticize RM all they want, that's fine. But they need to realize he puts up with a lot of sh*t and we're lucky to even still have him.

The SGA in '05 was very close to issuing a vote of "no confidence" in Fr. Biondi. Having been on SGA my senior year, it was very interesting to see how polarizing the man really is. Obviously there's a camp that is totally in love with a man they've seen once or twice on campus. The other camp had a knife at his throat over issuing a fee for commencement speakers (ours was totally lame), naked statues and an intramural field of horrible sculptures.

Rick might not be the crux of all our basketball-related problems at the U. Maybe we turn our attention to the man in the roman collar.

A vote of "no confidence" was issued in the late 90's in relation to the hospital sale. I suppose it let us march around and look/act pissed off, but it had little-to-no effect.

They had another great commencement speaker. A guy who is the head of a catholic hospital system. Woo. I am sure those graduates will remember that for the rest of their lives.

I think at mine it was a guy who wrote some christian book that most christians had never heard of.

The commencement speakers are a joke at SLU for sure.

But do presidents ever get fired here? I can't imagine the board ever voting this guy out since he lets TanningParlor Cook run the basketball program. I am sure the rest of them do whatever they want as well.

We had Joe Buck in 2008 and I believe Yogi Berra spoke the year before. Buck was awesome! What other St. Louis native would you suggest to go for in the future?

I would pick many people over Joe Buck, but that's just me. For some reason I've never liked him.

A vote of "no confidence" was issued in the late 90's in relation to the hospital sale. I suppose it let us march around and look/act pissed off, but it had little-to-no effect.

We had a "sit-in" in DuBourg Hall until he rescinded the graduation fee. I guess we ended up getting what we didn't pay for. A slice of Berkeley at SLU ;)