Zavier Turner

ACE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to some of the misinformation thrown out there by the 13-year-old on this board, the staff remains busy recruiting and setting up visits. Here is one - http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2011/04/29/notes-on-pendleton-hunter-turner-and-more/

Hey, I just provided more recruiting tidbits than Timmermann ever has!

Excellent post. You "heard" it here first.

I can see the "Zavier beats Xavier" headline in the P-D now...

Contrary to some of the misinformation thrown out there by the 13-year-old on this board, the staff remains busy recruiting and setting up visits. Here is one - http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2011/04/29/notes-on-pendleton-hunter-turner-and-more/

Hey, I just provided more recruiting tidbits than Timmermann ever has!

I'm 17 with a 35 on the ACT and a 1500 on the SAT. I'm smart enough to discuss this stuff with the scary big boys.

And honestly, I follow SLU's recruiting much more closely than you do I'd bet. Your post does nothing to contradict anything I've said.

I'm 17 with a 35 on the ACT and a 1500 on the SAT. I'm smart enough to discuss this stuff with the scary big boys.

And honestly, I follow SLU's recruiting much more closely than you do I'd bet. Your post does nothing to contradict anything I've said.

Congrats dude. Let us know when you get your high school diploma.

Yes but can you walk and chew gum at the same time. Ok - enough is enough of the name calling. The issue here is that when somebody claims that somebody is lazy at their job it kind of comes down to an opinion unless you get lots of people saying the same thing and I am not sure we have had that kind of confirmations. Also, just because somebody says somebody made an idiotic statement does not follow that they called that person an idiot. Smart people say dumb things and dumb people can say smart things once in awhile.

Yes but can you walk and chew gum at the same time. Ok - enough is enough of the name calling. The issue here is that when somebody claims that somebody is lazy at their job it kind of comes down to an opinion unless you get lots of people saying the same thing and I am not sure we have had that kind of confirmations. Also, just because somebody says somebody made an idiotic statement does not follow that they called that person an idiot. Smart people say dumb things and dumb people can say smart things once in awhile.

My saying RM is a lazy recruiter is an opinion based on facts. I'm not trying to claim I have direct information that RM is a lazy recruiter. That is my deduction based on way too much time spent following the Billikens over the last four years.

FDL,

Not asking for congrats. Just saying excuse me if I don't feel overwhelmed because people are a couple years older.

I'm 17 with a 35 on the ACT and a 1500 on the SAT.

Is it really nescessary to tell us what you got on the ACT?

Just seems a little over the top, but maybe I am just jealous of your score.

But either way, I will send all those lazy Ivy league admissions recruiters your info so they don't miss out on your talent.

My saying RM is a lazy recruiter is an opinion based on facts. I'm not trying to claim I have direct information that RM is a lazy recruiter. That is my deduction based on way too much time spent following the Billikens over the last four years.

FDL,

Not asking for congrats. Just saying excuse me if I don't feel overwhelmed because people are a couple years older.

I was being a little sarcastic. Its great you did so well on the tests, but a lot of people on here did will on them. You shouldn't feel overwhelmed, just remember a lot of wisdom comes with age.

Is it really nescessary to tell us what you got on the ACT?

Just seems a little over the top, but maybe I am just jealous of your score.

But either way, I will send all those lazy Ivy league admissions recruiters your info so they don't miss out on your talent.

NH, in all seriousness, have you applied for a Presidential Scholarship at the U? For the past few years, I've been assisting our admissions dept. in interviewing candidates for this prestigious full-ride scholy. A lot of these kids blow standardized tests scores out of the water, but have the personality of a snail. You probably have a good blend of both. You should check into it. Just looking out for ya, kid.

Metz

FDL,

If I recall, what seemed to solidify your feeling that RM is lazy is that it was stated that Nolan Berry wasn't contacted by SLU after Porter left. However, since your statement, we have received more and more info about recruits for 2012 and 2013 from other areas of the country and overseas. It would seem that RM and staff are actually quite busy with their recruiting, as opposed to him just sitting on his hands.

Really, what you probably should have said is that you have a philosophical difference with RM on his recruiting. You obviously would prefer that he focuses more energy on recruiting locally. And yes, many here feel that he should make Berry a top priority due to both his talent and legacy. That is understandable and I can see how some were disappointed to hear that he had not been contacted by RM recently.

Finally, I think you being in high school currently does play a major factor in how your opinions are taken when it comes to local players. Basically, you are the same age as these kids and have had personal interactions with many of them aside from watching them play. Personal attachment tends to cloud one's judgment and opinions.

If I recall, what seemed to solidify your feeling that RM is lazy is that it was stated that Nolan Berry wasn't contacted by SLU after Porter left. However, since your statement, we have received more and more info about recruits for 2012 and 2013 from other areas of the country and overseas. It would seem that RM and staff are actually quite busy with their recruiting, as opposed to him just sitting on his hands.

Really, what you probably should have said is that you have a philosophical difference with RM on his recruiting. You obviously would prefer that he focuses more energy on recruiting locally. And yes, many here feel that he should make Berry a top priority due to both his talent and legacy. That is understandable and I can see how some were disappointed to hear that he had not been contacted by RM recently.

Finally, I think you being in high school currently does play a major factor in how your opinions are taken when it comes to local players. Basically, you are the same age as these kids and have had personal interactions with many of them aside from watching them play. Personal attachment tends to cloud one's judgment and opinions.

I thought RM was lazy before the Berry situation. Porter did all of the heavy lifting with recruiting in my opinion and I think we might be screwed now that he is gone. That is solidified not just by the Berry situation but by the fact that we are falling out of favor with seemingly many of our previous targets.

I am not sure what energy RM does spend on recruiting, local or otherwise.

And I have only interacted with a few guys. Some of the ones I've seen play or played with just helps me realize we should not recruit them (i.e. Christian Thomas).

I thought RM was lazy before the Berry situation. Porter did all of the heavy lifting with recruiting in my opinion and I think we might be screwed now that he is gone. That is solidified not just by the Berry situation but by the fact that we are falling out of favor with seemingly many of our previous targets.

I am not sure what energy RM does spend on recruiting, local or otherwise.

And I have only interacted with a few guys. Some of the ones I've seen play or played with just helps me realize we should not recruit them (i.e. Christian Thomas).

Word of advice. Keep your mouth shut (posts silent) when in over your head. First, the "heavy lifting" is almost always done by the assistant coaches - usually the lead assistant which was Porter. Second, you figure out "what energy RM does spend on recruting, local or otherwise" then come back and give us your opinion. Are you free to have your own opinion? Sure, free country. But just don't expect some of us to give you and your opinions much credibility when they are based upon your reading the Internet without any real perspective as to how the recruiting process really works.

Word of advice. Keep your mouth shut (posts silent) when in over your head. First, the "heavy lifting" is almost always done by the assistant coaches - usually the lead assistant which was Porter. Second, you figure out "what energy RM does spend on recruting, local or otherwise" then come back and give us your opinion. Are you free to have your own opinion? Sure, free country. But just don't expect some of us to give you and your opinions much credibility when they are based upon your reading the Internet without any real perspective as to how the recruiting process really works.

I have as much evidence to suggest he was a lazy recruiter as people have to suggest he isn't.

I understand the recruiting process as well as you do I'm sure.

Thanks for the advice.

It is great you have that information memorized, it is common practice in the business world when introducing yourself to include your name followed by your ACT score and SAT score. You are sure to be extremely successful.

Just a point of parliamentary procedure here, but last time I checked, no one on this board is an assistant coach or is privy to Majerus' inside circle. If you are, be so kind as to raise your hand and state your name for the record.

Rumors and speculation are getting too many people on this board riled up/pissed off, whatever you want to call it. No one source has 100% credibility and rumors are like @$$holes - everybody has one and for the most part, they stink.

When a kid commits, it will be on the Scout/Rivals site and when that fax machine spits out his LOI, we'll know for certain. But until then, let's just chill out on saying NH is "over his head." He's trying to give us whatever inside knowledge he has. Who are you to say this kid doesn't know anything?

What good is it to lob stones at this kid? We're all fans of the same team here.

I have as much evidence to suggest he was a lazy recruiter as people have to suggest he isn't.

Thanks for the advice.

Can someone tell me how to put someone on ignore? This dude annoys the piss outta me and I don't have the SAT score to figure it out.

Thanks

Considering that Majerus has made 11 trips to the NCAA Tournament, with a 10-1 record in 1st round games, two Sweet 16 trips, one Elite 8 and a trip to the National Championship game as a head coach PLUS working as an assistant for a program that made numerous trips to the NCAA Tournament including a national championship... apparently I was under the mistaken impression that Majerus understood the importance of recruiting. I have now changed my opinion. Majerus really is a "lazy" recruiter. NH really understand more about recruting than you, me and Majerus for that matter. I mean the kid has a 35 on his ACT. And if that is not enough evidence to convince you he knows recruiting, he also has a 1,500 on his SAT!!! ;)

Thanks for the advice.

If you understand the recruiting process so well, then why the comments about Porter doing the "heavy lifting"? Isn't that his job? Isn't that normal within college basketball? Didn't RM hire PM to do the heavy lifting? Do you not think that RM will now hire someone else to the do the heavy lifting now that PM is gone?

For that matter, I'll bet that Harriman does the heavy lifting on the international kids and that Jensen will now do much more of the heavy lifting for us.

Totally unbelievable that a guy like NH comes on this Board and repeatedly slams our head coach with unsubstantiated comments that RM is lazy. Not only does RM have an impressive HOF record but he also has been recruiting better than any coach I can ever recall here at SLU and yet Mr. ACT keeps up the lazy comments.

To date, RM and his staff did not call/go see Nolan Berry over the latest 3 day window. Again, we have already showed our interest, we will continue to show our interest and the kid is only a Sophomore. Maybe we should have continued the contacts. Instead, we now see that RM and his staff have been out and about -- all over the country/world trying to get players for not only this year but next year as well. Still not good enough for Mr. ACT who has been beating the drum against RM for not going after more local kids. For a kid who appears to be so smart, your posts are sure showing otherwise.

In response, NH says he believes was lazy prior to the Nolan Berry (dare I say) "situation". If that is the case, then I sure hope RM continues his lazy recruiting ways by landing kids like he has done these past 3 seasons!!

Welcome to Hell.

-Randy

I hate to beat a dead horse with this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the SAT's have been graded on a 2400 point scale for about the past 5 years. So either your full of crap, or you are bragging about a fairly mediocre score.

And I love speculation about our new/possible recruits as much as the next guy, but I don't think we can judge RM recruiting strength post-Porter until the spring signing period is over.

I hate to beat a dead horse with this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the SAT's have been graded on a 2400 point scale for about the past 5 years. So either your full of crap, or you are bragging about a fairly mediocre score.

And I love speculation about our new/possible recruits as much as the next guy, but I don't think we can judge RM recruiting strength post-Porter until the spring signing period is over.

Great inaugural post, JM17. Welcome to the fraternity of hate.

I hate to beat a dead horse with this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the SAT's have been graded on a 2400 point scale for about the past 5 years.

He was most likely referring to his math + critical reading score (max.1600) which many universities, including slu, use for admission.

Just fwiw. Good news about ZT.