Coach on KMOX

Not much new in this evenings interview which was pre-recorded. There were some things that were "between the lines" type of things. These were strictly "between the lines" type of comments but when you couple them with Triangle's superb interpretations you will draw on your own conclusions. The vacant coaching position will probably not be filled untill late May. Coach is looking for someone who 24/7 is committed too SLU basketball. If someone needs too shoot 500 shots on a Sunday afternoon, that coach needs too be there (Too could fill the bill here). Jim Crews doesn't think he can devote the extensive time that the Coach is looking for. Discussed Coach Whitesell as an excellent X's and O's coach. Did not dismiss promotions. Triangle thinks that for this year, promotions are in order with a hiring on the lower end of a strong juco recruiter. Coach went at length about trying too recruit players in the Atlantic 10 (a lesser league) a real hassle. Talking about the SLU education and being able too play in his rotating system rather than sit on the bench with much fewer minutes does not seem too mean anything too recruits. Talked about European playes, Australian players, and a player from Tenn with 2 scholarships available. Pretty much said that Mitchell and McCall will be the starting guards with chances that McCall being the better shooter with defensive attention being focussed on Mitchell which Triangle agrees. Singled out Loe as being huge next year with his extreme improvement in workouts. Jett and Evans are becoming stronger in realizing their roles, Triangle needs too see Evans in the 12 foot shot. Triangle's much earlier prediction of the starting five seems too be intact with Mitchell, McCall, Loe, Evans and Conklin. Coach did not mention Barnett or Cassity.

so it goes.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Barnett is not a starter next year this team is in trouble. Barnett better be good enough to start compared to the returning options.

He is a player that Rickma had referred to as an all-conference type of player on multiple occasions. If he doesn't come close to that level of production........ Next year will be a disappointment. Barnett is the biggest key to next season.

If Barnett is not a starter next year this team is in trouble. Barnett better be good enough to start compared to the returning options.

He is a player that Rickma had referred to as an all-conference type of player on multiple occasions. If he doesn't come close to that level of production........ Next year will be a disappointment. Barnett is the biggest key to next season.

Hmmmm. I think I agree however I feel like Cory Remekun could also be a huge key.

You pointed out a possible problem with Barnett not starting, but you did not point out the solution! Replacing WHO in the starting lineup? Typical Billiken.com response, no solution. Reminding you, this is the starting lineup at the beginning of the season. Mitchell and McCall, extremely quick guards that will raise hell on defenses, Evans? Conklin? WHO? Answer the question.

so it goes.

Starting is for high school. There will be plenty of minutes for everyone, but Barnett is no bigger key than a lot of other guys. Is he more of a key than Kwamain coming back? More of a key than Loe, Ellis or McCall reaching their potential? I hope Barnett is great, but he is no bigger key than a lot of other guys. You've probably never even seen the dude in regular season action. He might need a little time to get his game legs back, so don't give up on him if he doesn't score 25 his first time out.

You pointed out a possible problem with Barnett not starting, but you did not point out the solution! Replacing WHO in the starting lineup? Typical Billiken.com response, no solution. Reminding you, this is the starting lineup at the beginning of the season. Mitchell and McCall, extremely quick guards that will raise hell on defenses, Evans? Conklin? WHO? Answer the question.

so it goes.

Seriously? You can't figure out this one on your own?

You created a starting line up featuring a a european 5, a 4, a 3, and two combo guards. Let's see........ Barnettt isn't a five or a european 5, he isn't a four, and he isn't a three. That leaves the two combo guards and one of them is clearly the best player on the team.

I thought you could have figured out I meant MM wouldn't be in the starting line up.

Starting is for high school. There will be plenty of minutes for everyone, but Barnett is no bigger key than a lot of other guys. Is he more of a key than Kwamain coming back? More of a key than Loe, Ellis or McCall reaching their potential? I hope Barnett is great, but he is no bigger key than a lot of other guys. You've probably never even seen the dude in regular season action. He might need a little time to get his game legs back, so don't give up on him if he doesn't score 25 his first time out.

Shouldn't that be followed by the fact that we will be like the 110th youngest team in the country next year, that travel in the A 10 sucks, that we don't have enough baskets to pratice free throws on, etc?

Yeah, that ###### is getting old.

The fact is that for 98% of college basketball teams the talent isn't that overflowing. For the vast majority of teams they start their best five players. They don't have the luxury of spotting good or great players. Look at Rickma's teams at Utah. The best were always starting.

Starting is for highschool is a nice recruiting pitch, but is BS when it comes to most college programs.

When it comes to this argument of yours............

I hope Barnett is great, but he is no bigger key than a lot of other guys. You've probably never even seen the dude in regular season action.

I wasn't basing my argument about Barnett on my ability to judge talent. Rickma is the guy who stated multiple times that Barnett is an all-conference type of player. Do you think Rickma saw him play before he made those statements?

Not much new in this evenings interview which was pre-recorded. There were some things that were "between the lines" type of things. These were strictly "between the lines" type of comments but when you couple them with Triangle's superb interpretations you will draw on your own conclusions. The vacant coaching position will probably not be filled untill late May. Coach is looking for someone who 24/7 is committed too SLU basketball. If someone needs too shoot 500 shots on a Sunday afternoon, that coach needs too be there (Too could fill the bill here). Jim Crews doesn't think he can devote the extensive time that the Coach is looking for. Discussed Coach Whitesell as an excellent X's and O's coach. Did not dismiss promotions. Triangle thinks that for this year, promotions are in order with a hiring on the lower end of a strong juco recruiter. Coach went at length about trying too recruit players in the Atlantic 10 (a lesser league) a real hassle. Talking about the SLU education and being able too play in his rotating system rather than sit on the bench with much fewer minutes does not seem too mean anything too recruits. Talked about European playes, Australian players, and a player from Tenn with 2 scholarships available. Pretty much said that Mitchell and McCall will be the starting guards with chances that McCall being the better shooter with defensive attention being focussed on Mitchell which Triangle agrees. Singled out Loe as being huge next year with his extreme improvement in workouts. Jett and Evans are becoming stronger in realizing their roles, Triangle needs too see Evans in the 12 foot shot. Triangle's much earlier prediction of the starting five seems too be intact with Mitchell, McCall, Loe, Evans and Conklin. Coach did not mention Barnett or Cassity.

so it goes.

Seems odd that after the FanFest T and T got really busy, huh?

Another thing to point out...anyone that creates a gimmick for themselves on a message board is pretty much a grade A loser. Go ahead and use the term 'too' all you want. It doesn't make anything you say anymore relevant. Keep posting here. You at least get threads started, I suppose.

so it goes.

That is easy. Conklin.

Both have all the talent in the world and no work ethic.

CR doesn't have that much basketball talent. He doesn't have very good post skills. He can dunk, but little else. He's not that good of a rebounder and doesn't have a nose for the ball. He can play good defense at times, but appears lost at times too. I just don't see that much talent. If we're relying on him for much more than average play for 10 to 15 minutes a game we're going to be disappointed.

What? You're an idiot for saying CR has no work ethic. You literally have no idea.

I figuratively have an idea.

And I also know that CR has the POTENTIAL to be anything that he sets his mind to. But as he sits further on down the bench from Coach Majerus, you have to wonder to yourself "are those steps being taken?"

The answer is a resounding "No."

Where is JJ playing again? Oh yeah...

CR has displayed one of the best work ethics on the team. He's a full two years younger than his fellow sophomores. He has improved himself in the weight room tremendously. If he keeps improving he could be a very important contributor.

CR has displayed one of the best work ethics on the team. He's a full two years younger than his fellow sophomores. He has improved himself in the weight room tremendously. If he keeps improving he could be a very important contributor.

Why anyone still bothers to present logical arguments to Metz is beyond me. His arguments are full of things his strange little brain has come up with out of nowhere.

We've obviously touched on basketball factors here, but this is SLU. Majerus also has an eye on academic aptitude as well. I think that when Majerus talks about kids progressing or regressing, a lot of that also has to do with how they are performing in the classroom. When a student-athlete is struggling academically, it tends to translate to their performance on the court, even in practice. Here's hoping whatever CR needs to turnaround is turned around over the summer months.

Mesquite, TX represent.

Why anyone still bothers to present logical arguments to Metz is beyond me. His arguments are full of things his strange little brain has come up with out of nowhere.

05, you are a pest and no one cares. Go jump off the top of Gries.

05, you are a pest and no one cares. Go jump off the top of Gries.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.

This is a solemn moment. We must remember the 3,000 + who lost their lives on 9-11 and the men and women who rest in the Lord's peace after sacrificing their life in the name of freedom and the cause of spreading democracy, justice and peace.

Same guy who said this told someone to go kill themselves. I hope people start to realize what a Jerkoff you really are.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.

Same guy who said this told someone to go kill themselves. I hope people start to realize what a Jerkoff you really are.

You might make it, 05. You've got enough hot air in you. I also care about our troops and i don't give a ###### about you.

We've obviously touched on basketball factors here, but this is SLU. Majerus also has an eye on academic aptitude as well. I think that when Majerus talks about kids progressing or regressing, a lot of that also has to do with how they are performing in the classroom. When a student-athlete is struggling academically, it tends to translate to their performance on the court, even in practice. Here's hoping whatever CR needs to turnaround is turned around over the summer months.

Mesquite, TX represent.

You know nothing about CR's academic performance. This argument makes no sense. You went from saying CR has no work ethic to saying his academic struggles follow him to the court without any proof.