Recruiting classes

I'm watching us dismember Dayton and am thinking about the greatest recruiting classes of the past 40 years - if Willy and Kwamain stay for all of it, then maybe that's the greatest, but boy do I like McCall, Evans, Jett, and Loe. Maybe Larry's was the best, but when he left after one, it doesn't count.

I'm watching us dismember Dayton and am thinking about the greatest recruiting classes of the past 40 years - if Willy and Kwamain stay for all of it, then maybe that's the greatest, but boy do I like McCall, Evans, Jett, and Loe. Maybe Larry's was the best, but when he left after one, it doesn't count.

Nice to hear the anouncer rave about our freshman. Sort of validates many of the thoughts of posters on this board.

well...i dont want to ruin it..but MM is now the only person averaging double digits for this team at exactly 10...

Yeah, but other than Cassity, the freshman played more minutes than any other players and we just beat Dayton at Dayton on senior night by almost 20. I think that says A LOT.

Next year, these fab four are a year into the program, Barnett is legal, Willie and Kwamain are back, and we get a 7 footer in Manning. Plus, Cody is back and healthy.

As I have stated in the past, clearly this signals that an asteroid is bound to hit Chaifetz during practice right before the season starts. It just makes sense...

Yeah, but other than Cassity, the freshman played more minutes than any other players and we just beat Dayton at Dayton on senior night by almost 20. I think that says A LOT.

Next year, these fab four are a year into the program, Barnett is legal, Willie and Kwamain are back, and we get a 7 footer in Manning. Plus, Cody is back and healthy.

As I have stated in the past, clearly this signals that an asteroid is bound to hit Chaifetz during practice right before the season starts. It just makes sense...

I have to reply to my own post - think about the above point. We get tonight's team PLUS five new players, four of which have D1 experience. Think about that!!!!

I have to reply to my own post - think about the above point. We get tonight's team PLUS five new players, four of which have D1 experience. Think about that!!!!

Yeah, it really is exciting. It is definitely great to see this team come together and winning some games and the freshmen really standing out. Add Willie, Kwamain, and Barnett and things look really promising heading into next season. Save up those vacation days for next March....

The FAB 4 are set up to be the best recruited class in SLU history. If they are playing this well collectively at the conclusion of their first year, I am fully aroused thinking of the team we will have over the next few years.

Posted Image

MM really turned it on about the same time Kwamain came back to practice. coincidence, i think not.

Just said the same thing about 10 minutes ago. Agreed.

well...i dont want to ruin it..but MM is now the only person averaging double digits for this team at exactly 10...

What??? Really great recruiting classes grow. Are you saying they've already reached their limit?

I believe the reason this team has been playing better of late (including the close losses @ X, @ Richmond and @ Temple) is that the freshman have taken over the on court leadership of the team. The first half of the year it seemed like KC and to some extent BC were trying to fill that role, but in fairness to them that are better suited as "glue" guys rather than go-to guys.

Lately, the freshman (most MM and DE, but also Loe and Jett have had moments) have been the go-to guys and KC has gone back to what he does the best.

No matter how the final games of this season turn out, its been real encouraging to see us put together this little winning streak as it'll give everyone fans and players alike, a lot of hope for next season.

In last night's game, McCall schooled Staten. Well, maybe not exactly but in a hostile environemnt, on senior night, against a Top 50 recruit, Mike McCall was better. That locks up his spot on the A10 Newcomer team to me. How can he have never been the A10 Rookie of the Week?

Let me be the first to point out I was the great prognosticator that said, after Chicago State, that the Bills do not likely win another game all year. The crow tastes quite fine thi smorning and I am thankful to be having such a sutaining meal while looking forward to a great season-ender on Saturday against X. All my Phi Kap brothers from the early 70's will be reuniting at the game --- hopefully that will bring another win and maybe even ... dare I say it ... a seventh place league finish as TT points out! Stranger things have happened.

And ... as always ..... this IS Billiken basketball after all. The EKG-like progress chart on this program continues ...... bring on the asteroid!

I believe the reason this team has been playing better of late (including the close losses @ X, @ Richmond and @ Temple) is that the freshman have taken over the on court leadership of the team. The first half of the year it seemed like KC and to some extent BC were trying to fill that role, but in fairness to them that are better suited as "glue" guys rather than go-to guys.

Lately, the freshman (most MM and DE, but also Loe and Jett have had moments) have been the go-to guys and KC has gone back to what he does the best.

No matter how the final games of this season turn out, its been real encouraging to see us put together this little winning streak as it'll give everyone fans and players alike, a lot of hope for next season.

I guess if enough posters write the same thing enough times, it becomes true. But would someone really explain what makes KC the "glue" or define what KC really does best. We all agree that KC is not the "go to" guy. Not trying to mean, but to me, it seems like his being the "glue" simply means that KC being on the floor while others assume both the leadering and the scoring while KC make few mistakes, makes good passes and keeps his defender honest. What am I missing? Don't get me wrong, KC is making a contribution to the team but why is the term "glue" limited only to KC?

I'll add Conklin into the mix. This "glue" is that "senior" or "upperclassmen" leadership demonstarted onb the floor. There was a point last night where I also saw it from Salescich. Second half, up by 20+ and we have a slow-developing three-on-two or two-on-one. Christian recognized that the angles weren't there and the lanes weren't filled just right so he pulled the ball off the attack and let the play catch up. In essence, he pulled the ball out and ran precious clock. Of course, he did this while being right in front of the Bills bench so maybe Majerus was grabbing the back of his jersey and letting him know.

Of the three, Cassity, tho, spends more time on the court so its easier to attribute it to him and forget the others.

In last night's game, McCall schooled Staten. Well, maybe not exactly but in a hostile environemnt, on senior night, against a Top 50 recruit, Mike McCall was better. That locks up his spot on the A10 Newcomer team to me. How can he have never been the A10 Rookie of the Week?

Let me be the first to point out I was the great prognosticator that said, after Chicago State, that the Bills do not likely win another game all year. The crow tastes quite fine thi smorning and I am thankful to be having such a sutaining meal while looking forward to a great season-ender on Saturday against X. All my Phi Kap brothers from the early 70's will be reuniting at the game --- hopefully that will bring another win and maybe even ... dare I say it ... a seventh place league finish as TT points out! Stranger things have happened.

And ... as always ..... this IS Billiken basketball after all. The EKG-like progress chart on this program continues ...... bring on the asteroid!

Good post