Women's BBall

Tellit

I have been told on numerous occasions by her Best Friend John Albert who is a Coach for Elite that she is being "Fired" after this season. Any conformations of this according to him it should help the program.. Yeah he is very 2Faced and should never be trusted

I have been told on numerous occasions by her Best Friend John Albert who is a Coach for Elite that she is being "Fired" after this season. Any conformations of this according to him it should help the program.. Yeah he is very 2Faced and should never be trusted

It is my understanding that Shimmy's contract expires at the end of this year. I haven't been told anything, but common sense says she is gone. Shimmy is very outgoing, but the program has not progressed. She had her chance, but since Hannegan and then Lisch left, it has been ugly. The game Sunday may have been as bad as it has been.

I have defended Shimmy in the past, but I wouldn't bet on her being retained. We need to recruit St. Louis rather than Ohio. If she is not retained, I'm for trying to get the St.Joe or Incarnate coach. Obviously, they are wired into the local AAU teams, given their consistent success.

-helluva first post :o

-helluva first post :o

I think SLU athletic problems are still more a factor of the Admin than the coaches. If X, the BE Catholic schools, et al can find success in hoops why can't we? We supposedly have a HOF hoops coach and it's still taking a very looooong time to get men's hoops to the relevant stage. If we can get someone in place who realizes Sports are a big part of the whole college experience, and good for the school as well, we might get over the hump someday. In the past we all thought facilities were the problem. That's been rectified. Time to peel another layer off the avocado and correct the next problem. Sadly, the guys doing the peeling might be the problem.

Only constant over the last 20 years, is the Good Father. Other than Volleyball, has there been any progress with on the field results. Forget what's happened to the Men's Soccer Team and the Women's Soccer teams.

In the last 20 years, Spoon had success. Romar had some but was not here long enough to see if he could continue it. Not sure what the problem is but I do know that success begets success. It is kind of like the chicken and the egg - does the coach make the team successful or does the team make the coach successful. If we had not had the problem with Mitchell and Reed this year, our HOF coach would have been over the hurdle and we would have been on our way but...

You haven't been told anything by anybody, take your bs someplace else.

In the last 20 years, Spoon had success. Romar had some but was not here long enough to see if he could continue it. Not sure what the problem is but I do know that success begets success. It is kind of like the chicken and the egg - does the coach make the team successful or does the team make the coach successful. If we had not had the problem with Mitchell and Reed this year, our HOF coach would have been over the hurdle and we would have been on our way but...

I wish you were right but you have to see the pattern even when we get a good one.

Spoon-I don't think our good President knew what he had, frustrated him to death which lead to him prematurely leaving.

Romar-he was mediocre at best here. Goes off to Washington (not a traditional basketball powerhouse like UNC, KU, Kentucky, etc..) and all sudden in 9 years 5 NCAAs with 3 of those sweet 16teens. Not to mention several of his players in the NBA.

RM-if WR does not return, we will be better but only NIT level at best. This from a HOF level coach which I am afraid could bag it at any moment.

Now we have a good baseball coach, lets see how long we keep him.

I am of the opinion, if we had John Wooden in his prime, he would probably do poorly here. The reason X does well, even if coach retires or moves on, they know how to replace and support him/her with top shelf coaching talent.

the three programs we should try to imitate are gonzaga, xavier and butler.

i think a lot of their success comes from having a program that thrives from within. they dont do anything different and when a coach leaves, they typically hire an inhouse assistant in waiting that continues doing the same thing with the program from top to bottom.

It is my understanding that Shimmy's contract expires at the end of this year. I haven't been told anything, but common sense says she is gone. Shimmy is very outgoing, but the program has not progressed. She had her chance, but since Hannegan and then Lisch left, it has been ugly. The game Sunday may have been as bad as it has been.

I have defended Shimmy in the past, but I wouldn't bet on her being retained. We need to recruit St. Louis rather than Ohio. If she is not retained, I'm for trying to get the St.Joe or Incarnate coach. Obviously, they are wired into the local AAU teams, given their consistent success.

IMO, Incarnate Word has one of the best if not THE BEST high school coach in the area. He does more with less than anyone I have seen in a very long time. When he has a very talented team, they almost always reach the final four. I have been hoping that Shimmy could turn the program around.

You haven't been told anything by anybody, take your bs someplace else.

Her thought to be BEST FRIEND who is a coach for the AAU Team St.Louis Elite and is also an AAU summer referee spilled the bean's more than once. Due to no STL recruits and terrible success. And I agree with the potential local coaches in the job.

Her thought to be BEST FRIEND who is a coach for the AAU Team St.Louis Elite and is also an AAU summer referee spilled the bean's more than once. Due to no STL recruits and terrible success. And I agree with the potential local coaches in the job.

Apparently we've uncovered basketballcountry's city cousin.