Turn the Jett's on

HusakAttack

I agree that he is more consistent than most on this team but if he is getting significantly more minutes next year than MM, JJ, JB, DE, or KM then i disagree with the coaching style. Every coach in America will tell you they want guys who get to the basket and score ar go to the line. I would not be surprised one bit if KC has the fewest FT attempts on any college player in the country with those minutes.

he also has a 2.1 asst/turnover ratio which is the best this team has had for a long time.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clock, jett only scored 3 more points than cassity and cassity had 5 assists compared to jett's 1.

dont get me wrong, jett played a very good game, but all things considered, cassity had a better overall game than jett. jett just surprised us with his very good game, while cassity had a same ole same ole game.

i am amazed at the continued venom towards cassity. only thing we have that could be said is "consistent".

He's not a leader, is inconsistant, and craps his pants in the clutch.

Once the stars return to the team, and Cassity is no longer forced into his current role, he will be fine as a role player again.

He's not a leader, is inconsistant, and craps his pants in the clutch.

Once the stars return to the team, and Cassity is no longer forced into his current role, he will be fine as a role player again.

Agree, but how many mintues should this role player get next year?

i am amazed at the continued venom towards cassity. only thing we have that could be said is "consistent".

Shouldn't come as a surprise. For, whatever reason, Cassity has a lot of "haters", probably just because he does not look like a D1 player.

Cassity has been the best and most consistent player this year. He is probably the best passer that I have seen in a Bills uniform and that includes H. He is a very good ball handler, good shooter, and an above average defender. He is not a goto scorer, his combination of athletism/strength will be a hindrance to easily create his own shot, enough to fill that role.

The big problem on this team is that there is nobody that is a goto scorer. That is probably why Majerus wants KC to shoot as much as possible, the rest of the team is worse at that than him. This team sucks at scoring, including all the "superstar" freshmen". Don't get me wrong, I like them as all-around players, but I would not classify them as "scorers".

KC minutes next year should go down but they will be among the leaders on the team. If Barnett, Mitchell, and Reed (if elgible) are all instant starters, well you play 5 players and he is the best of the rest. Hopefully, those 3 will add instant scoring punch, and Cassity's assists will go up with it.

Ellis is the guy that needs to turn it around. I thought he would come out this year and avg 15 a game. He needs to get his act together - he is wasting a lot of potential.

Shouldn't come as a surprise. For, whatever reason, Cassity has a lot of "haters", probably just because he does not look like a D1 player.

Cassity has been the best and most consistent player this year. He is probably the best passer that I have seen in a Bills uniform and that includes H. He is a very good ball handler, good shooter, and an above average defender. He is not a goto scorer, his combination of athletism/strength will be a hindrance to easily create his own shot, enough to fill that role.

The big problem on this team is that there is nobody that is a goto scorer. That is probably why Majerus wants KC to shoot as much as possible, the rest of the team is worse at that than him. This team sucks at scoring, including all the "superstar" freshmen". Don't get me wrong, I like them as all-around players, but I would not classify them as "scorers".

KC minutes next year should go down but they will be among the leaders on the team. If Barnett, Mitchell, and Reed (if elgible) are all instant starters, well you play 5 players and he is the best of the rest. Hopefully, those 3 will add instant scoring punch, and Cassity's assists will go up with it.

Ellis is the guy that needs to turn it around. I thought he would come out this year and avg 15 a game. He needs to get his act together - he is wasting a lot of potential.

good thoughts archy. one thing is for sure there are plenty of other targets that deserve the arrows far more than kyle cassity. yet he continues to get the shots and now we once again have people hoping he plays far less next year and they give his minutes to some of those same players that are making more mistakes and missing more shots than kyle and bringing less to the floor game after game. my gosh, that makes absolutely no sense.

sure one can make the point mitchell and reed will regain their top dog status, but beyond that, how about players actually proving they are better than cassity before giving them anything and taking anything away from kyle? and that includes barnett.

clock, jett only scored 3 more points than cassity and cassity had 5 assists compared to jett's 1.

dont get me wrong, jett played a very good game, but all things considered, cassity had a better overall game than jett. jett just surprised us with his very good game, while cassity had a same ole same ole game.

Roy. Sorry. As you know, I was one of KC's supporters. It was me telling other posters to be patient and let him develop. The another night, again, when the game was on the line against Rhody, KC missed the shot again. Then, when the game was totally out of reach, no pressure any more, KC makes the basket to make it a 2 point loss. Yes, JJ also had a turnover and missed 2 shots as well, but I'd much rather have the ball in JJ's hand than KC's at the end of a game. The difference is that KC is a Junior. At the end of your Junior season, Juniors need to step up. KC didn't -- and hasn't his whole career. Remember, KC played significant minutes as a Freshman and was basically a starter all of last and this year. KC is not sit the bench his first 2 years waiting for his opportunity like many Juniors must do. The Rhody game, to me, was the last straw. Do I truly hope I am proven wrong next year? Absolutely.

Sorry if I am being too hard on KC. Frankly, I could care less if he comes back next year. I've moved on. I'd much rather watch JJ, MM and DE attempt and miss than KC. Maybe I've watched too much hockey lately, but I am tired us playing shorthanded. The other team has 5 and we have 4.5 players. With the number of minutes, touches, and opportunities he gets, we simply need more production from his position.

I think there are only a few true "haters" of KC. Seems to me that more people are disappointed in his inability to step up and play a more forceful role. He has consistently passed up shots/drives and does so at critical times.

He didn't pass up the opportunity at the end of the game v. URI. And i was glad. I'm not bummed that he missed a shot near the end of regulation v. URI. I'm glad he took it. He drove one time and got rejected v. URI. I don't care. It was a good aggressive move. I'll take my chances with KC; I just wish he'd be more assertive.

The kid is talented, that's why it is so frustrating sometimes.

Roy. Sorry. As you know, I was one of KC's supporters. It was me telling other posters to be patient and let him develop. The another night, again, when the game was on the line against Rhody, KC missed the shot again. Then, when the game was totally out of reach, no pressure any more, KC makes the basket to make it a 2 point loss. Yes, JJ also had a turnover and missed 2 shots as well, but I'd much rather have the ball in JJ's hand than KC's at the end of a game. The difference is that KC is a Junior. At the end of your Junior season, Juniors need to step up. KC didn't -- and hasn't his whole career. Remember, KC played significant minutes as a Freshman and was basically a starter all of last and this year. KC is not sit the bench his first 2 years waiting for his opportunity like many Juniors must do. The Rhody game, to me, was the last straw. Do I truly hope I am proven wrong next year? Absolutely.

Sorry if I am being too hard on KC. Frankly, I could care less if he comes back next year. I've moved on. I'd much rather watch JJ, MM and DE attempt and miss than KC. Maybe I've watched too much hockey lately, but I am tired us playing shorthanded. The other team has 5 and we have 4.5 players. With the number of minutes, touches, and opportunities he gets, we simply need more production from his position.

Tired of playing short handed. And if Cassity doesn't come back next year...we would be shorthanded. The entire issue is that everyone has been forced into a role they weren't meant to be playing. When Majerus recruited KC do you think he was thinking "I just got my leading scorer"? No Majerus recruited KC for his basketball IQ and passing. He has been forced into the scoring role and frankly I think he has done a decent job with it. Is he as good as Kwamain? Hell no. But I feel much more comfortable with KC than the freshmen (who are not consistent right now). KC is able to facilitate a fair amount of good looks for others. We didn't lose to Rhode Island because of KC. We lost to Rhode Island because we shot under 40%. The looks were there for everyone, and nobody knocked them down.

I am somewhere in between Clock's opinion about KC and Roy's "KC has NBA potential"... I guess that makes me a KC centrist. I see him as a 18-20 mpg player next season. I think he will be very comfortable and more effective not playing as many minutes and not having to look to score as much, because he'll be surrounded by more teammates who can.

I am somewhere in between Clock's opinion about KC and Roy's "KC has NBA potential"... I guess that makes me a KC centrist. I see him as a 18-20 mpg player next season. I think he will be very comfortable and more effective not playing as many minutes and not having to look to score as much, because he'll be surrounded by more teammates who can.

Good point. It wouldn't surprise me if KC takes over some games next year with the additional talent around him.

Archy. Agree about CE. Real disappointment this year. Excuses are plenty: off-season mono, fireworks injury, lack of a back to the basket teammate to allow CE to front the basket. Still, what explains his bad shooting. CE had as many, or more, excuses last year... and yet the shot was consistent until the end of the season when we all assumed he got tired and wore down. Maybe that is still the case now with the mono. I don't know.

Your comments about KC, though, are not quite right. My revised comments about him have nothing to do about how he looks. It's how he plays. In short, he continues to play soft. Why does he not have more strength? What has he been doing? b/c it does not look like he's been in the weight room. Playing "hot-potato" with the ball at the end of the shot clock and handing it off to underclassmen is not the sign of a good player.

You also claim he is a "good shooter". I dispute that. Believe you are now basing that upon how he LOOKS shooting the ball. I agree, he has perfect form. The problem, though, is that the ball does not go thru the rim enough. If it did, he would then be a "good shooter."

You also claim he is a "good ball handler". Some on this board take it a ste further and think he's really a good PG. Sorry, but he cannot beat the other team's point guard with his dribble. Once the press is broken and the defense falls back, then it's safe for KC can come to the top of the keep and start the offense.

In short, I hope I am wrong. If KC gets the major minutes you think he will get, then we will not be the good team so many think we will be. KM and WR are good, and the others can fill the other spots, but none of our guys are good enough to carry a guy who cannot score/won't shoot.

Tired of playing short handed. And if Cassity doesn't come back next year...we would be shorthanded. The entire issue is that everyone has been forced into a role they weren't meant to be playing. When Majerus recruited KC do you think he was thinking "I just got my leading scorer"? No Majerus recruited KC for his basketball IQ and passing. He has been forced into the scoring role and frankly I think he has done a decent job with it. Is he as good as Kwamain? Hell no. But I feel much more comfortable with KC than the freshmen (who are not consistent right now). KC is able to facilitate a fair amount of good looks for others. We didn't lose to Rhode Island because of KC. We lost to Rhode Island because we shot under 40%. The looks were there for everyone, and nobody knocked them down.

We will have 12 scholarship athletes w/o KC. With KC, we will have 13 -- the full amount. CS, JJ and MM can fill any of his mintues.

My "shorthanded" comment was referring to us play 4.5 players v. the other team's 5 players. If a kid won't shoot/doesn't score, he gets a .5 in my book.

Yes, but don't count on these other teammates of ours being good enough to make up for KC lack of production. Too much for us to ask of them. That's my point. Last year, KM and WR were good, but the glaring weakness at guard (KC, CS and last year's JJ) was too much to offset against the better teams and on the road.

20 minutes is 1/2 a game. Way too much. I say 5 minutes. Let those with an upside take a turn. KC will be a Senior next year and gone after the season. If he does not perform early in the season, then sit him on the bench.

i personally think Kyle does have nba potential. he has size, he is a smart player, he plays wonderful defense and now he is showing he also has offensive skills. i dont think he is a future nba star, but i think if his game continues to progress he might get a shot.

We will have 12 scholarship athletes w/o KC. With KC, we will have 13 -- the full amount. CS, JJ and MM can fill any of his mintues.

My "shorthanded" comment was referring to us play 4.5 players v. the other team's 5 players. If a kid won't shoot/doesn't score, he gets a .5 in my book.

12 scholarship athletes...unless someone gets hurt or suspended or decides to leave. Then we would be in the same position. There is a lot more to basketball than being a scorer. Defense, team leadership, facilitating an offense (all things that KC does better currently than the freshmen)...KC will never be a scorer. He isn't that type of player. I would rather he continue his shot selection than see him force it and throw up some ugly looks. With 15-20 minutes next year he will provide a steady hand at the help and set up the scorers we should have. It may be that JJ or MM pass him up and take most of his minutes. That is fine with me too, but for right now KC is doing about as well as he can.

You also claim he is a "good shooter". I dispute that. Believe you are now basing that upon how he LOOKS shooting the ball. I agree, he has perfect form. The problem, though, is that the ball does not go thru the rim enough. If it did, he would then be a "good shooter."

You also claim he is a "good ball handler". Some on this board take it a ste further and think he's really a good PG. Sorry, but he cannot beat the other team's point guard with his dribble. Once the press is broken and the defense falls back, then it's safe for KC can come to the top of the keep and start the offense.

1) The shooting stats don't agree with you. He shoots almost 40% from 3 and over 48% from the field. Those are extremely good.

2) All his assist are by dribble penetration. That great Jett reverse layup. KC beat his man off the dribble, draws the "D" in, and hit Jett on the baseline. Your remark on the press. Did you see our 1st basket of the game when they get the ball to him during the press, he takes it down the middle of the court, and hits Evan for the layup. There is assists he loses out on too. He has penetrated into the middle of the lane, drawn the defense in, and Loe misses the easy jumper.

good thoughts archy. one thing is for sure there are plenty of other targets that deserve the arrows far more than kyle cassity. yet he continues to get the shots and now we once again have people hoping he plays far less next year and they give his minutes to some of those same players that are making more mistakes and missing more shots than kyle and bringing less to the floor game after game. my gosh, that makes absolutely no sense.

I agree with you but the reason Cassity gets a lot of the blame is because, like it or not, he is the "star" on this team.

Its not his fault and I think he is having a really good season, but when a team isnt doing well the "star" player gets most of the blame and right now that is Cassity

+1 This is the same way I feel

That is insane.

The team leader in points, assissts, 2nd in steals, a 2:1 assisst to TO ratio that leads the team, and 2 RPG at the guard position and this guy is the problem?

He's also second on the team in shots taken behind Jett.

Jett has taken 3 more FG attempts than Cassity but Cassity has 4 more makes.

Cassity is not the game changer you made want him to be but he is the least of this teams problems right now.

12 scholarship athletes...unless someone gets hurt or suspended or decides to leave. Then we would be in the same position. There is a lot more to basketball than being a scorer. Defense, team leadership, facilitating an offense (all things that KC does better currently than the freshmen)...KC will never be a scorer. He isn't that type of player. I would rather he continue his shot selection than see him force it and throw up some ugly looks. With 15-20 minutes next year he will provide a steady hand at the help and set up the scorers we should have. It may be that JJ or MM pass him up and take most of his minutes. That is fine with me too, but for right now KC is doing about as well as he can.

You do know that at least one guy will probably not be here next year. RM not only creates openings but fills them as well. Been his M.O. and always will be.

As to your other comments, I am in full agreement. 15 mpg and providing a steady hand for the more talented players is good with me. I really don't want KC gone. My frustration levels, though, with him are quite high. Unsung role players are the keys to a winning team. My only comment is that if KC is playing 25 to 30 mpg, we will struggle against the better teams.

Larry. Go watch an NBA before you predict he is of that caliber. A role player for SLU will never make the NBA. That's just reality.

In don't think you should play for the future in college ball. These guys only get 4 years and should get the opportunity to make the most of each year. You should try to win every game. If that means a younger player sits until he's the one that will be giving you the most opportunity to win, then he should sit. I can't see giving a younger player pt over a better older player for the sake of the future. I've got no problem with redshirting a player for his developement or in a situation like KM's. I just think you should play your best that are available to win the game.

Larry. Go watch an NBA before you predict he is of that caliber. A role player for SLU will never make the NBA. That's just reality.

Ill pass on watching an NBA game but I never said he was an NBA player.

I guess if he grows 8 inches before the end of next year he would have a chance, the NBA is always looking for 7 footers. But considering he has probably stopped growing I dont see that happening.

I'm amazed by how many people think you can just wish a guy into being something he isn't. Kyle is not a go to scorer, and no matter how much we need one, there isn't just some mystical dust we can sprinkle over him to make him one. Forget it, quit wanting it, you're just leaving yourself dissapointed.

Kyle should be the 4th scoring option on this team. We have players who will be better scorers than Kyle, they're just freshman and aren't ready to assume that role either. Next year Kyle will go back to being Kyle ... a guy that does most things well, but none great.

The, I guess what has now been dubbed "the situation" left us without that player this year. It is what it is, we'll still go out and work hard, but scoring will be tough. The only way that changes is if Jett, McCall, Cody, or even DE matures as a player ahead of schedule. It won't however change because Kyle becomes that guy.

You do know that at least one guy will probably not be here next year. RM not only creates openings but fills them as well. Been his M.O. and always will be.

As to your other comments, I am in full agreement. 15 mpg and providing a steady hand for the more talented players is good with me. I really don't want KC gone. My frustration levels, though, with him are quite high. Unsung role players are the keys to a winning team. My only comment is that if KC is playing 25 to 30 mpg, we will struggle against the better teams.

more talented? Don't you mean better scorer's. There is more to basketball than the ability to hit the last second shot. Neither MM, JJ, or DE is a more talented player than Kyle and they won't be next year either.

I'm amazed by how many people think you can just wish a guy into being something he isn't. Kyle is not a go to scorer, and no matter how much we need one, there isn't just some mystical dust we can sprinkle over him to make him one. Forget it, quit wanting it, you're just leaving yourself dissapointed.

Kyle should be the 4th scoring option on this team. We have players who will be better scorers than Kyle, they're just freshman and aren't ready to assume that role either. Next year Kyle will go back to being Kyle ... a guy that does most things well, but none great.

The, I guess what has now been dubbed "the situation" left us without that player this year. It is what it is, we'll still go out and work hard, but scoring will be tough. The only way that changes is if Jett, McCall, Cody, or even DE matures as a player ahead of schedule. It won't however change because Kyle becomes that guy.

Well said. Based on the scouting reports of Kyle coming out of high school, it seemed like he projected to be the ultimate role player, but not a go-to player. It is not his fault that he does not have a better supporting cast this year. Last year, when Cody came on board, Kyle was at least the 4th scoring option and sometimes even our 5th or 6th scorer on nights when Salecich and Jordan played well. I predict that Kyle will be a lot more popular next year when he gets fewer minutes. People will appreciate all the little things he does to help a team when he doesn't have nearly as much pressure to be a scorer.

Well said. Based on the scouting reports of Kyle coming out of high school, it seemed like he projected to be the ultimate role player, but not a go-to player. It is not his fault that he does not have a better supporting cast this year. Last year, when Cody came on board, Kyle was at least the 4th scoring option and sometimes even our 5th or 6th scorer on nights when Salecich and Jordan played well. I predict that Kyle will be a lot more popular next year when he gets fewer minutes. People will appreciate all the little things he does to help a team when he doesn't have nearly as much pressure to be a scorer.

Less minutes yes, but it won't be 15 per game. Kyle will rightfully play give or take 25 minutes per game.