2011 and Moving Ahead

slu72

Truthfully, after the BG game the bb season just about ended for me. That's negative but if we can't beat the 355th ranked team at home, we're sailing in troubled waters. I think it's fair to say most of us were deflated two days prior to the start of this season but still excited about seeing the team develop. So far, we've seen it mostly go the other way, regress. But at last a ray of hope, KM and WR were admitted, which leads me to believe the admin at least gives a hoot about hoops at SLU. It's going to be hard, make that damn difficult, for this team to scrape out 2 or 3 wins in the A-10 this season. Will KM choosing to play instead of sit it out help? Yes, maybe get us 2 more. My advice to KM would be get your feet on solid ground and start anew next year. Why lose a year of eligibility for playing 40% of a season? Obviously WR has some serious work outside of hoops to concentrate on, academics and conduct. You wanted your second chance WR, use it wisely. Let the kids play this year for some great experience they wouldn't get elsewhere.. They're weaknesses are being exposed every game, let's see how they respond. How hard they work to turn them into strengths. Pressure right now is on BC and KC to keep their heads up by playing hard and helping everyone keep their heads about them as the ship takes on water. . RM should focus mostly on teaching the fundamentals of playing D1 ball and how to play his system. The important thing this year is to somehow keep the team enthusiastic about the opportuity to play in one of the top non BCS conferences and how you can take some positives out adversity. Yes, you're going to take your lumps, but these lessons will serve you well moving forward. I'd really like to see this group plus WR, KM, JB, and Manning be our team next year. I'd like to see the high attrition rate of the last 3 years drop to nil or at the least be just a trickle. If both WR and KM redshirt, we've got 'em for two more years, maybe WR for only one if he decides to jump, and JB for 3. Those years could really be a jump start for the SLU program if the team stays mainly intact. Good news about WR and KM. Bad news is we've got to play Temple.

The season isn't over till its over. I've been going to all the Bills games since 78 and have definatly seen worse. When it gets like this I just remember seasons like the one when we beat #2 Louisville and rattled off 8 straight. If we don't have a turnaround I still enjoy watching college basketball and will miss it when the season ends.

There's still hope. I think the uncertainty surrounding the KM & WR drama had a serious effect on this team's psychy. These two were the two these guys counted on in the clutch and no doubt important cogs in their socialization on campus. Now that its over we may see more concentration and some dramatic improvement.

The season isn't over till its over. I've been going to all the Bills games since 78 and have definatly seen worse.

You weren't at the last one and the dude was. I'm not buying what you are selling KM.

The season isn't over till its over. I've been going to all the Bills games since 78 and have definatly seen worse. When it gets like this I just remember seasons like the one when we beat #2 Louisville and rattled off 8 straight. If we don't have a turnaround I still enjoy watching college basketball and will miss it when the season ends.

There's still hope. I think the uncertainty surrounding the KM & WR drama had a serious effect on this team's psychy. These two were the two these guys counted on in the clutch and no doubt important cogs in their socialization on campus. Now that its over we may see more concentration and some dramatic improvement.

Despite the record or who we are losing to. I can't see this as being one of the worst SLU teams. HOWEVER, that doesn't change the fact that this team isn't going anywhere this year. It is yet another building year. I know the more seasoned Bills fans are sick of hearing that. But nevertheless that is where we are. Before all of the nonsense started this year this was a team that should have COMPETED for the A-10 title. They weren't the favorites even then. With all of these problems, and with Lasalle, Duquene, St. Bonnie, GW, and such not having awful years for a change we are indeed going to be lucky to not be in the bottom third of the conference. Thinking we will make some miraculous run and still finish even in the top 4. Well that's kind of silly.

Basically just pretend it is 08-09 all over again and enjoy the show.

Now that Willie and Kwamain are back in the fold, that's basically the approach I'm taking.

Next year, Voltron re-forms...

Last off season when we were all talking about the Bills being on the verge of a tourney berth in 2011 we just didn't know it was the A-10 tourney we should have been referencing. If WR can get the academics right maybe this off season we can again talk about making the tourney next year. Now, I hope the AD needs to throw all their support behind WR in getting him academically eligible. Maybe have Eck take his tests.

No more Kool-aid for me. I'm off the sauce - at least until further notice. With the re-enrollment of WR and KM, I am NOT going to say we are loaded, that we will be a Top 20 team or that we will win the A10 but the following roster looks good to me:

Seniors: KC and BC

Juniors: WR, KM, CE, CS and CR

Sophs: JB, RL, DE, JJ and MM

Frosh: JM

No more Kool-aid for me. I'm off the sauce - at least until further notice. With the re-enrollment of WR and KM, I am NOT going to say we are loaded, that we will be a Top 20 team or that we will win the A10 but the following roster looks good to me:

Seniors: KC and BC

Juniors: WR, KM, CE, CS and CR

Sophs: JB, RL, DE, JJ and MM

Frosh: JM

Should be interesting. Assuming all goes okay and WR plays two more years, the next two years should be good. The year after that the Senior class should be very good as well with JM a Junior. I still think that group will need a very talented Sophomore to go with them.

All in all, RM should have a chance to put together 3 good years and hopefully we can just build off of that.

you're still counting the 3 that will transfer away which is TBD

A_Bomb, I ask this question with no sarcasm and complete sincerity. I get it that you are disappointed with RM but who would be your ideal coach for SLU? Remember the going rate at SLU was less than half of what RM gets paid by the Boosters now.

I hope that Majerus succeeds at SLU.

However, as to your question I've been thinking about that lately. A few months ago I would've thought that Majerus builds a program and Moser steps in and takes over in the future. Now I'm not so sure that will happen and I'm not sure about Moser either. We will see more from him these next 3 weeks that could give us some indication as to his progression.

Otherwise I'm not really sure. I was thinking Steve Alford would be a sexy choice but he is making about $1mil at UNM and I don't think SLU is a more attractive destination for hoops (to me it would be but I"m a fan). SMS' new coach seems to be doing pretty well in a short period of time. Wichita St. Coach Greg Marshall is doing well in 3 seasons there. Cleveland St. coach is doing well in his 4th season there. UNI 5th year coach Ben Jacobson. Those are just a few without thinking too much about it. I don't know if there is an ideal coach but these would be solid choices.