Predictions about Monday

i am more than likely done next year. I don't see SLU selling out soon, so I may pick and choose the games I want to see. They want total comittment from Alumni and we get nothing in return. I don't know how such a anticipated season could turn into such a cluster****.

If Eastside gives up his season tix, Backhand will be more excited for next years' basketball season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to all of you giving up your seats - you'll be missed. stop in and give us a blues/rams update once in awhile. they are always a joy to continue the broken heart need as well.

I swear 05 was crying at Sportzone following the Bradford interception. He claims it was the spicy chicken wings.

During the blues loss he claimed that he came down with a runny nose and itchy eyes from the temperature changes outside..

to all of you giving up your seats - you'll be missed. stop in and give us a blues/rams update once in awhile. they are always a joy to continue the broken heart need as well.

Broy-

Following the mass exodus of fans next yr, you can high-five yourself after important defensive stops. But seeing as you agree with the University, their moral code, and their "process" in this...you will get what you asked for.

I was literally counting the days as soon as I walked out of the Fetz after the final loss to VCU last season. Then...well you all know what went down. Needless to say I never purchased those season tickets, and it doesn't look good moving forward either.

There was such a good vibe coming off of last year's season. Unfortunately, I bought season tickets before everything went down (pun intended). It's hard trying to encourage myself to go to games when we lose to teams like BGSU in terrible fashion.

If we get good news, that will all change. Trying to be optimistic.

Broy-

Following the mass exodus of fans next yr, you can high-five yourself after important defensive stops. But seeing as you agree with the University, their moral code, and their "process" in this...you will get what you asked for.

Yep.

You also have to figure that RM might leave if this nonsense continues and they throw Willy (who did not touch the female) under the bus (again).

Without RM, there go the recruits (c'mon, Moser is a good man but he was recruiting kids to play for Majerus!).

And w/o RM, will Manning show up? Will some of our freshmen transfer if RM leaves?

I know some donors and sponsors are a bit miffed about all of this... so some more $$$ will be lost.

So if this all happens, it's back to the stone age for SLU hoops.

Decision "process" will probably be prolonged and convoluted. May stated Saturday that he "did not know the players intentions". Just great.

Broy-

backhand, i do not agree with the "process". the whole thing about the incident was terribly handled. and i am on record of saying that a few times.

i also am on record as saying that if a defined punishment was fulfilled the players of concern should be allowed back into saint louis university. a deal should be a deal.

however, my loyalty remains to Saint Louis University and not to a couple of players that made horrible choices and imo, really are the ones that should be blamed for our current woes, not the school.

I also want to restate, that had majerus and/or may taken the lead themselves prior to "the hearing" and issued punishment, say suspend the players from the basketball team for one semester, with outlined specific punishment requirements, i would bet it would have never come to "expulsion". i.e. the players would have been back 3 weeks ago playing. as a manager it is foolish to let a decision decided by someone else when it is pretty obvious something is going to happen regardless.

i have been very impressed with what appears to be a turnaround in responsibility by Willie and an admittance he made some poor decisions. the way he and his father left, i truly didnt see that coming and it had convinced me that willie didnt belong at saint louis university. but sometimes something important has to be taken away for someone to realize how important it truly is i guess. willie's contrition online has impressed me and he and kwamian do deserve consideration assuming they did the punishment as outlined.

I won't say it would be just if Reed and Mitchell aren't re-admitted, but count me among those who probably won't be renewing season tickets or Billiken Club membership. Sure, I'm at the minimum levels for both but that still puts me north of $1000 a year and that's money that could come in handy for someone getting married in 2011.

My reason is more for the second half of what SLUDrew says above: I've given as much time, energy, and support of all kinds to the program as I reasonably can, and I feel like it has become a one-way street. The commitments to building a new arena and hiring a new coach have been followed up by the same bumbling behavior by the athletic department we all knew in the past: nickel-and-diming at all levels, failing to keep coaches happy, lack of support staff that other ADs have, tightening budgets when revenues haven't sunk, failing to deliver a soccer championship in the past three decades and allowing its signature program to sag behind a dozen+ others, tolerating mediocrity and sub-mediocrity in most progams, and on and on.

I had more optimism heading into this season than any in my lifetime and it has been absolutely shattered.

backhand, i do not agree with the "process". the whole thing about the incident was terribly handled. and i am on record of saying that a few times.

i also am on record as saying that if a defined punishment was fulfilled the players of concern should be allowed back into saint louis university. a deal should be a deal.

however, my loyalty remains to Saint Louis University and not to a couple of players that made horrible choices and imo, really are the ones that should be blamed for our current woes, not the school.

I also want to restate, that had majerus and/or may taken the lead themselves prior to "the hearing" and issued punishment, say suspend the players from the basketball team for one semester, with outlined specific punishment requirements, i would bet it would have never come to "expulsion". i.e. the players would have been back 3 weeks ago playing. as a manager it is foolish to let a decision decided by someone else when it is pretty obvious something is going to happen regardless.

i have been very impressed with what appears to be a turnaround in responsibility by Willie and an admittance he made some poor decisions. the way he and his father left, i truly didnt see that coming and it had convinced me that willie didnt belong at saint louis university. but sometimes something important has to be taken away for someone to realize how important it truly is i guess. willie's contrition online has impressed me and he and kwamian do deserve consideration assuming they did the punishment as outlined.

Seems pretty far fetched to me to believe that the girl and her family/legal counsel would have been happy with an 10 game suspension and no other punishment. They wanted jail for these kids and when that fell through they wanted them kicked out of school for good. Missing 10 games would not have satisfied them.

This belief of yours suggests that if RM had suspended the players for 10 games, the Kangaroo Court would have dismissed the case entirely? Its a laughable concept.

I do agree with your final paragraph in its entirety.

I have mixed feelings about this whole thing. I am a huge SLU Basketball fan and always will be - for better or worse. I couldn't imagine not getting my college basketball fix every year and the other schools in the bi-state region are simply not an option.

All this being said, I am not at all happy how SLU handled this thing. However, in the world of college basketball, there will always be bad decisions made by players and there will always be bad decisions made by the school. In our case, it seems more of those bad decisions have come from the latter through the years. I guess it all comes down to how much you can stomach and how much patience you have.

Regardless of the decision about KM and WR, I will continue to support the players on this team. It's not their fault this went down with WR and KM. They didn't sign up for this. We have a wonderful group of freshman and they will only get better. JB will be joining our talented group of freshmen and we have a true 5 coming in next year. I think two years from now we will be very good.

Of course, anything can happen. Things change all the time. RM could leave and it could be really bad or it could be really good. I never would have thought RM would have landed as our coach. I never thought the debacle of this season would have happened. Truly, anything can happen.

As far as the guys coming back, I just can't see how they couldn't. If they both in fact met their requirements, how could they not come back? I thought this through and if they are not readmitted and all requirements were met, then they will be facing two major lawsuits and losing boosters and fans. KM's academics appeared to be in order, so if he met the requirements, I fully expect him to be in a Billiken uniform again. We heard rumors about WR's academics, but this should be a non-issue because if his academics were bad then he wouldn't have been allowed to start the Fall semester or he would have been ruled academically ineligible during the first semester. That didn't happen and his course work he did accomplish in the first semester should be void since they were kicked out. The only thing I don't know is if some thing happened when he filed for a release and talked to other schools. I don't know if there is something there that could make him ineligible again.

It takes thick skin and a lot of patience to be a Billiken fan and I understand why some would jump ship. I'll ride the ship to I'm an elderly man I would assume.

For those of you that do jump ship, I would hope you just wouldn't renew you tickets, I hope you would send a letter to both May and Biondi expressing why you didn't renew. Will it make a difference? Maybe not, but at least they will know.

I won't say it would be just if Reed and Mitchell aren't re-admitted, but count me among those who probably won't be renewing season tickets or Billiken Club membership. Sure, I'm at the minimum levels for both but that still puts me north of $1000 a year and that's money that could come in handy for someone getting married in 2011.

My reason is more for the second half of what SLUDrew says above: I've given as much time, energy, and support of all kinds to the program as I reasonably can, and I feel like it has become a one-way street. The commitments to building a new arena and hiring a new coach have been followed up by the same bumbling behavior by the athletic department we all knew in the past: nickel-and-diming at all levels, failing to keep coaches happy, lack of support staff that other ADs have, tightening budgets when revenues haven't sunk, failing to deliver a soccer championship in the past three decades and allowing its signature program to sag behind a dozen+ others, tolerating mediocrity and sub-mediocrity in most progams, and on and on.

I had more optimism heading into this season than any in my lifetime and it has been absolutely shattered.

Pistol, I share your disgust. I should have known that all of the nickel dime crap wasn't behind us, but the hiring of RM made me think that maybe the University had really turned the corner regarding their sports programs and decided to put more money and effort into how to manage a top 50 team. Right now we have a million dollar coach trying to get a win here or there with a top 325 team. what's up with that.

Seems pretty far fetched to me to believe that the girl and her family/legal counsel would have been happy with an 10 game suspension and no other punishment. They wanted jail for these kids and when that fell through they wanted them kicked out of school for good. Missing 10 games would not have satisfied them.

This belief of yours suggests that if RM had suspended the players for 10 games, the Kangaroo Court would have dismissed the case entirely? Its a laughable concept.

I do agree with your final paragraph in its entirety.

now who's making things up with no credible sources? no where has it been stated the family wanted "jail time" that i am aware of but i am sure you have a link to prove this?

and yes, i believe that if the school had taken action it would not have went to the student court.

I have mixed feelings about this whole thing. I am a huge SLU Basketball fan and always will be - for better or worse. I couldn't imagine not getting my college basketball fix every year and the other schools in the bi-state region are simply not an option.

All this being said, I am not at all happy how SLU handled this thing. However, in the world of college basketball, there will always be bad decisions made by players and there will always be bad decisions made by the school. In our case, it seems more of those bad decisions have come from the latter through the years. I guess it all comes down to how much you can stomach and how much patience you have.

Regardless of the decision about KM and WR, I will continue to support the players on this team. It's not their fault this went down with WR and KM. They didn't sign up for this. We have a wonderful group of freshman and they will only get better. JB will be joining our talented group of freshmen and we have a true 5 coming in next year. I think two years from now we will be very good.

Of course, anything can happen. Things change all the time. RM could leave and it could be really bad or it could be really good. I never would have thought RM would have landed as our coach. I never thought the debacle of this season would have happened. Truly, anything can happen.

As far as the guys coming back, I just can't see how they couldn't. If they both in fact met their requirements, how could they not come back? I thought this through and if they are not readmitted and all requirements were met, then they will be facing two major lawsuits and losing boosters and fans. KM's academics appeared to be in order, so if he met the requirements, I fully expect him to be in a Billiken uniform again. We heard rumors about WR's academics, but this should be a non-issue because if his academics were bad then he wouldn't have been allowed to start the Fall semester or he would have been ruled academically ineligible during the first semester. That didn't happen and his course work he did accomplish in the first semester should be void since they were kicked out. The only thing I don't know is if some thing happened when he filed for a release and talked to other schools. I don't know if there is something there that could make him ineligible again.

It takes thick skin and a lot of patience to be a Billiken fan and I understand why some would jump ship. I'll ride the ship to I'm an elderly man I would assume.

For those of you that do jump ship, I would hope you just wouldn't renew you tickets, I hope you would send a letter to both May and Biondi expressing why you didn't renew. Will it make a difference? Maybe not, but at least they will know.

I think this is of vital importance.

If I do jump ship, a letter will be sent to the parties above regarding the reason.

now who's making things up with no credible sources? no where has it been stated the family wanted "jail time" that i am aware of but i am sure you have a link to prove this?

and yes, i believe that if the school had taken action it would not have went to the student court.

I believe that it still would have gone to the student court but I think they still would have settled on the same punishment that RM would have given.

But its obvious that no one made good decisions in the situation. The only one who handled everything right was Kwamain I say. Sure he made the original bad decision. But from that moment on he took everything like a man. He accepted his punishment and immediately looked to fulfill his requirements to come back. When I first read the police report I thought that this was so out of character for Kwamain, but the way he handled it all seems to be the Kwamain that I've always heard about. Willie showed me a lot with his turnaround, but he didn't handle it well originally even if a lot of that was his dad's fault.

Seems like an undisputable fact that if you take an issue to the police and then make a statement that you are disapointed that the police did not prosecute the perps for rape that you want them to go to jail...

I'm not going to go back and find a link to it, but the family's attorney most certainly said they were dispointed by the City of St. Louis' refusal to prosecute.

I think this is of vital importance.

Agreed...

I have sent numerous messages...no response.

No one seems to care.

I would at least want someone to acknowledge that they appreciate my feedback...I've received ZERO response.

Seems like an undisputable fact that if you take an issue to the police and then make a statement that you are disapointed that the police did not prosecute the perps for rape that you want them to go to jail...

I'm not going to go back and find a link to it, but the family's attorney most certainly said they were dispointed by the City of St. Louis' refusal to prosecute.

OK, the search took all of 40 seconds to find what I was looking for.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/article_ac3cea15-8003-56e7-8035-d8ca93d41160.html

David Korum, an attorney for the woman who reported the assault, said in May that the student and her family were disappointed that no charges had been filed. He said that the woman would continue to provide information to police and push for action by the university against her alleged attackers.

Serious question - What "horrible choice" did they make?

I still haven't figured this out.

By all reports, KM had consensual sex with a girl (he even practiced safe sex and she helped put the condom on).

WR simply watched.

I don't see where they made a horrible choice. Does anyone really expect WR to inform authorities that his buddy had consensual sex?

I've yet to figure out what these two did the was suspension worthy and that she did not also do and yet went suspension free.

Please explain.

My loyalty also remains with SLU, but that includes it's player representatives. I cannot sit back and approve of university sanctioned disparate treatment.

Serious question - What "horrible choice" did they make?

I still haven't figured this out.

By all reports, KM had consensual sex with a girl (he even practiced safe sex and she helped put the condom on).

WR simply watched.

I don't see where they made a horrible choice. Does anyone really expect WR to inform authorities that his buddy had consensual sex?

I've yet to figure out what these two did the was suspension worthy and that she did not also do and yet went suspension free.

Please explain.

My loyalty also remains with SLU, but that includes it's player representatives. I cannot sit back and approve of university sanctioned disparate treatment.

Come on, let's not be totally blind to the situation. While they may have not done anything illegal, they aren't completely innocent. It was probably (and all things considering turned out to be)a horrible choice to run a train on a girl. A choice doesn't have to be illegal for it to be a bad one. I don't think the players should have been suspended in this fashion, but it is naive to think that all parties involved didn't make "horrible choices" that night. Sometimes those horrible choices come back to bite you,even when it seems unfair...that's life.

[qoute]Come on, let's not be totally blind to the situation. While they may have not done anything illegal, they aren't completely innocent. It was probably (and all things considering turned out to be)a horrible choice to run a train on a girl. A choice doesn't have to be illegal for it to be a bad one. I don't think the players should have been suspended in this fashion, but it is naive to think that all parties involved didn't make "horrible choices" that night. Sometimes those horrible choices come back to bite you,even when it seems unfair...that's life.

Judging by your comments and your '19' total posts, I'll assume that you are new to this message board.

The comments made by threetimebilliken do not align with what nearly all on this board think or write (he looks like a new guy too). Nearly all agree everybody lacked good judgement that night. The issue is how the university handled the situation and if the punishment fit the lack of judgement.