Predictions about Monday

Judging by your comments and your '19' total posts, I'll assume that you are new to this message board.

The comments made by threetimebilliken do not align with what nearly all on this board think or write (he looks like a new guy too). Nearly all agree everybody lacked good judgement that night. The issue is how the university handled the situation and if the punishment fit the lack of judgement.

Eastsidejoe had an extra ticket for Backhand Saturday.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, let's not be totally blind to the situation. While they may have not done anything illegal, they aren't completely innocent. It was probably (and all things considering turned out to be)a horrible choice to run a train on a girl. A choice doesn't have to be illegal for it to be a bad one. I don't think the players should have been suspended in this fashion, but it is naive to think that all parties involved didn't make "horrible choices" that night. Sometimes those horrible choices come back to bite you,even when it seems unfair...that's life.

Did you read the report. http://www.scribd.com/doc/42690639/SLU-Basketball-Police-Report

No "train" occurred. It appears they wanted to, but it never happened. She had consensual sex with two guys. When she said no to the third, he respected her wishes.

She unrolled the condom for each of them.

More importantly, they did nothing that she herself didn't do. Yet, they get suspended and she gets sympathy.

Would I want these guys hanging with my daughter? Probably not.

Did this Catholic university treat two of their athletes unfairly? Certainly.

Did this Catholic university suspend two athletes while not suspending the female who participated in the very same activities? Certainly.

My point is this:

On one hand, we have two college kids who tried to play a girl. Probably not a wise move, but certainly not an unexpected one for 18 year old boys.

On the other hand, we have a Catholic university who:

1. Treated these individuals differently based on gender.

2. Ignored their own procedures and policies in doing so.

3. Gave a punishment that far exceeded the deed.

all with no apparent concern for the future of these two boys.

You tell me, who committed the greater wrong here, the boys or the university?