Duke by 24 over the Bills

The Wiz

If we can keep it to less than 20 that would be a positive.

That would be a miracle, wiz. It's going to take our guys to really play the game(s) of their lives to keep them from running us out of Durham. My hope is CE has come around to RM's prodding and plays a solid game. Also, we're going to have to be aggressive on the boards. Especially on the defensive boards. Duke isn't likely to miss a lot against us, but when they do we can't be giving them second chances. Our rebounding's been pitiful. And nothing more discouraging to play good D, force a missed shot, then give 'em another chance with a new 35 on the clock. Obviously, we're going to have to rely on 3 pointers to keep this game in the same zip code. But you live and die by the 3 shot, however, I just can't see us getting many points in the paint. This game's really scary to think about as Duke has so many ways to beat a team. Of course, I thought they'd run Butler out of the gym last year and look how that turned out. We're gonna need a Butler type D effort to stay within 20. I think it'll be hard for us to break the 40 pt barrier in this one. And some of those will have to come in mop up time. Heartbreaking to think what this game might have been had we been at full strength. Not saying we'd have a shot at winning, but we might well have given them a run for their money like we did against UNC 5 years ago in the Dome when we started 2 frosh.

Maybe Duke will outshoot us and maybe they will outrebound us but one thing is for sure, they will definitely wear us down with their depth. You can't learn depth. That is why if Willie and KM come back this year even if they are rusty or not able to play at full strength ...those extra few minutes they give can make a huge difference.

SLU by 18.

Moral Victories......

Loe raining threes from NBA range everytime he touches the ball...

Conklin with bloody elbows...

Cody being aggressive and healthy and finding his shot and playing defense...

Christian finding his shot for the fans back home around the world....

Cory playing DEFENSE...

Everyone else scoring enough to defy all these god-forsaken predictions.

Duke by 9

Duke's results and margins of victories:

Duke 97, Princeton 60 - 37

Duke 79, Miami OH 45 - 34

Duke 110, Colgate 58 - 52

Duke 82, Marquette 77 - 5

Duke 82, Kansas State 68 - 14

Duke 98, Oregon 71 - 27

Duke 84, Michigan State 79 - 5

Duke 82, Butler 70 - 12

Duke 83, Bradley 48 - 35

Average Duke points: 89

Median Duke points: 84

Average opponent points: 64

Median opponent points: 68

Average Duke score: 89-64 - 25

Median Duke score: 84-68 - 16

Average home Duke points: 91

Average away opponent points: 58

So on average, Duke has beaten The Wiz's spread of 24 for our game by 1 point. On average, Duke has also played stronger opponents than SLU, and the only opponents comparable in strength to SLU- Bradley, Miami, Colgate, and Princeton- lost by an average of 39.5. Removing 0-7 Colgate, because they are clearly worse than us, the average is 35 for the three opponents similar to SLU. Taking into account only games played at Cameron, Duke outscored its opponents by an average of 33.

No matter how I look at each team's performance this year, it doesn't bode well for us. 24-30 is a reasonable range; if we lose by under 20, that will be an achievement. It could be ugly, though.

Irving might be out for the year: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5900154

Irving might be out for the year: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5900154

Not to worry if you're a Dukie. His replacement, Dawkins, scored 28 against Bradley on 8 of 10 from downtown. Jeesh, there oughtta be a limit as to how many Mickey D AA's a team can have. With CE having scoring problems I'm worried where are the points are coming from unless RL feels right at home in the cozy crazy confines of Cameron. This is why KM meant so much to this team. He could usually break us out of a scoring slump. We go 9 minutes w/o a pt against Duke and, whoaa, it's gonna look like Freddie Krueger was let loose at a sorority slumber party. I'm just praying we don't lay our usual TV game egg of the last 4-5 years. This game may hurt our chances of getting a national game until we make some serious noise in the NCAA's. I hate being this negative and hope I'm totally off base. Go Bills!

slu will not lose by more than 24.

If the game ends at halftime. If they play the second half, and they will, we will lose by at least 40, We have struggled at the end of many of the games. Their pressure will wear us down.

Irving might be out for the year: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5900154

Not to worry if you're a Dukie. His replacement, Dawkins, scored 28 against Bradley on 8 of 10 from downtown. Jeesh, there oughtta be a limit as to how many Mickey D AA's a team can have. With CE having scoring problems I'm worried where are the points are coming from unless RL feels right at home in the cozy crazy confines of Cameron. This is why KM meant so much to this team. He could usually break us out of a scoring slump. We go 9 minutes w/o a pt against Duke and, whoaa, it's gonna look like Freddie Krueger was let loose at a sorority slumber party. I'm just praying we don't lay our usual TV game egg of the last 4-5 years. This game may hurt our chances of getting a national game until we make some serious noise in the NCAA's. I hate being this negative and hope I'm totally off base. Go Bills!

I'm excited to see the team in HD on a big screen. Not living in St. Louis I've been watching on my computer and it's hard to see what's going on all the time. I think we need to remember that this will be a great learning opportunity for our guys. I think we're going to be pretty good next year (Top 25 for sure) and everyone who plays in this game will be back (except Paul). It will be great for them to get to experience this atmosphere (big crowd, national TV, etc.). I am thinking we'll have more of these games next year (in the tournament) and this will be experience we will be able to draw on.

I'm excited to see the team in HD on a big screen. Not living in St. Louis I've been watching on my computer and it's hard to see what's going on all the time. I think we need to remember that this will be a great learning opportunity for our guys. I think we're going to be pretty good next year (Top 25 for sure) and everyone who plays in this game will be back (except Paul). It will be great for them to get to experience this atmosphere (big crowd, national TV, etc.). I am thinking we'll have more of these games next year (in the tournament) and this will be experience we will be able to draw on.

It depends upon what they take away from this game. Hard to figure where their minds are going in. It's not like win at all costs because we're right there with them. Hopefully, it's, let's give it our best shot and have some fun out there. What concerns me is a real embarassment type game, say 96-35 and down by more than 20 at the half. This is on national TV. It won't be just a score buried on ESPN or in the newspaper. Again, hate being so negative about this game, but I just don't want these kids to be embarassed and that's a real possiblity. In some ways, I kind of hoped after the KM/WR exiles, that SLU and Duke would have got together and asked CBS to switch to a better contest. Probably dreaming on my part as I'm sure SLU makes a great deal of money on this. It just hurts a little to know there may be people at home watching this game and yukking it up at SLU's expense if we lay a big egg. Last night, a guy I was having a few with said, that Duke game's this Saturday. Yes. Jeesh, you guys are going to get smucked. I told him probably and not to waste his time watching it. I hope Broy's right, we keep it in the low 20's margin. That would be best for all concerned, especially the team. Not a moral V, no such things, but at least they can hold their heads up when all is said and done.

If we can keep it to less than 20 that would be a positive.

This wouldn't be a game that I would want to bet. Plenty of variables. We CAN keep the score of games fairly low if RM's gameplan is working. However, we haven't played a team as good as Duke since that UNC game a few years ago. Also, there is a possibility that Duke could run up a big lead and then clear the bench for the final few minutes...allowing us to make it look a little closer.

If I had to pick, I'd say this is an 80-50 kind of game. I hope that RM has some tricks up his (sleeve) for this one.

This wouldn't be a game that I would want to bet. Plenty of variables. We CAN keep the score of games fairly low if RM's gameplan is working. However, we haven't played a team as good as Duke since that UNC game a few years ago. Also, there is a possibility that Duke could run up a big lead and then clear the bench for the final few minutes...allowing us to make it look a little closer.

If I had to pick, I'd say this is an 80-50 kind of game. I hope that RM has some tricks up his (sleeve) for this one.

I agree. But if you think Duke is going to clear their bench near the end of the game I just dont see that happening. I watched the Duke Bradley game and Kyle Singler and Dawkins were jacking up NBA 3's with 3 minutes to go early in the shot clock up by 35. I say we lose between 25 and 30.

I agree. But if you think Duke is going to clear their bench near the end of the game I just dont see that happening. I watched the Duke Butler game and Kyle Singler and Dawkins were jacking up NBA 3's with 3 minutes to go early in the shot clock up by 35. I say we lose between 25 and 30.

"30 POINTS" "30POINTS!!!"

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!"

nough said B)

At this point just make it respectable looking.

Respectable and if they are going to get beat down badly do it slowly.

Down 5 points 10 minutes in, 10 ponts at half, 15-20 with 10 minutes to go and try to keep it under 30 the rest of the way.

I dont want to look up 5 minutes in and see the score 25-5.