GDT: SLU v. Georgia

SluSignGuy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loe hater(s)???? Anywhere?? Thought so...

Not sure he had many haters. He still gets pushed around under the basket, but he showed really nice intensity tonight.

Conklin is near worthless. I said the same last year and people told me to wait until he got healthy. I did and he looks the same. A 6-6 unathletic forward without good post moves, who is not a good finisher, who can't shoot well from outside and can't attack the basket is not a good player.

Luckily CR stepped up. Still very raw in the post but you have to be encouraged.

Love Mike Mccall but he played a bad game. But freshman PGs will do that against SEC teams.

Cass couldn't finish some shots today but he still looks really good. A lineup of CE, RL, WR, KM and KC may be the best team in the A-10. I'm not joking.

Speaking of CE, he's working some stuff out in his game. He will be good, but it may take a while. We need him to step up.

DE and JJ both show why this is a good class, but their inability to shoot hurts us.

CS is lost. I do not see how he will get minutes next year. His redeeming characteristics are defense and intensity, but those cancel with his complete inability to score.

A lineup of CE, RL, WR, KM and KC may be the best team in the A-10. I'm not joking.

Speaking of CE, he's working some stuff out in his game. He will be good, but it may take a while. We need him to step up.

Are you watching the same CE? He's not playing well at all. Bad, in fact.

Are you watching the same CE? He's not playing well at all. Bad, in fact.

Hes not any different from last year really.

At this point, CE is a 3-point shooter, that's all. That is what he was last year too, but there were more open 3s. However, CE is getting a lot better defensively. He still needs to get stronger and quicker, as well as develop an offensive game, but that doesn't come right away.

I don't know what people were expecting him to do that he isn't doing.

At this point, CE is a 3-point shooter, that's all. That is what he was last year too, but there were more open 3s. However, CE is getting a lot better defensively. He still needs to get stronger and quicker, as well as develop an offensive game, but that doesn't come right away.

I was thinking about you this evening and when you told me back in April that Loe would not be dominant this year.

CE was better on offense and defense last year. this year, he is non-existent on D and is only looking to pop three's.

CE was better on offense and defense last year. this year, he is non-existent on D and is only looking to pop three's.

You do realize that over half of his shots last year were 3s. If he's worse on defense its probably because A) He's now guarding quicker players or B) He lost a lot of muscle.

I don't think Cody's playing well either—he's been exposed. But, I think he has to go through this rough patch if he wants to end up being a good 3 for us.

I was thinking about you this evening and when you told me back in April that Loe would not be dominant this year.

Loe has not been dominant this year.

Yes, today he hit a lot of threes. He causes matchup problems for the other team. But he is not good defensively. He is not a good rebounder. He can't post-up. I don't see how you can call him "dominant".

He will be when he adds muscle and gets stronger though.

Yes, today he hit a lot of threes. He causes matchup problems for the other team. But he is not good defensively. He is not a good rebounder. He can't post-up. I don't see how you can call him "dominant".

I thought he played much better on defense. A low post game will come.

CS is lost. I do not see how he will get minutes next year. His redeeming characteristics are defense and intensity, but those cancel with his complete inability to score.

Until JJ gets a semblance of a clue on defense. CS will and should play.

NH - You need to admit that you were wrong about Loe. Not only did you say he would not dominate, you basically said not to expect anything out of him. He scored 19 points in 20 minutes. Yeah, he needs to get tougher down low. But he is the best freshmen big man SLU has had in a long time. He's probably the best freshman we have had since Larry Hughes. He'd be even better if he wasn't playing out of position. Those are things you were not expecting from him. Admit it. Pick and Roll is right.

NH - You need to admit that you were wrong about Loe. Not only did you say he would not dominate, you basically said not to expect anything out of him. He scored 19 points in 20 minutes. Yeah, he needs to get tougher down low. But he is the best freshmen big man SLU has had in a long time. He's probably the best freshman we have had since Larry Hughes. He'd be even better if he wasn't playing out of position. Those are things you were not expecting from him. Admit it. Pick and Roll is right.

Good post about him being the best freshman big. However I don't think he's the best since Larry. I think Rob has a chance to be the most impactful freshman since Larry Hughes. He is a fantastic player and I think with the development of a low post game he could be the most complete and even the best player SLU has ever seen.

please name a freshman since Hughes who you think was better.

Good post about him being the best freshman big. However I don't think he's the best since Larry. I think Rob has a chance to be the most impactful freshman since Larry Hughes. He is a fantastic player and I think with the development of a low post game he could be the most complete and even the best player SLU has ever seen.

please name a freshman since Hughes who you think was better.

In my short span as a Billiken fan:

Tommie Liddell

Kevin Lisch

Kwamain Mitchell

Cody Ellis

RL has met my expectations. He might even be a little below where I thought he would be. Yes, he got hot last night from three-point range. But he is not going to get nine open threes every night. He plays so weak in post. He gets in foul trouble.

RL will be an outstanding player soon, maybe even by next year. But that is not where he is right now. People have to look beyond the 19 points and see how he got them. 5-9 on three. 2-2 on technical foul shooting. One wide ope layup. That is not a "dominating performance.

Tommie Liddell

Kevin Lisch

Kwamain Mitchell

Cody Ellis

RL has met my expectations. He might even be a little below where I thought he would be. Yes, he got hot last night from three-point range. But he is not going to get nine open threes every night. He plays so weak in post. He gets in foul trouble.

RL will be an outstanding player soon, maybe even by next year. But that is not where he is right now. People have to look beyond the 19 points and see how he got them. 5-9 on three. 2-2 on technical foul shooting. One wide ope layup. That is not a "dominating performance.

Without RL last night we lose by double digits

Tommie Liddell

Kevin Lisch

Kwamain Mitchell

Cody Ellis

NH, the sooner you get on the RL bandwagon the better. No qualifiers, no "he'll be good in a year or two" stuff.

He is good now and if your expectations for him this year were higher than 14 points and 5 rebounds in only 20 minutes per game, you must have forgotten to include that in your expert analysis. I never saw you predict that for him.

Just admit you were wrong about him and move on.

By the way, where is Torchater. Now that guy hated Loe.