Slu Girls basketball....really?

Torchhater

I have season tickets to the mens team and saw that the womens game was b4 the mens so me and a buddy got there early to check it out. Gosh are they terrible, Ive seen highschool teams that ran offenses better than the Slu's girls team. I wonder how long the coach is gonna keep her job, cause that was an embarrasin display of any kind of basketball, Wisconsin had 3 walk ons in the game pretty much the whole second half and still dominated....I know its game 1 in their season but I see its gonna be a long season for them.

I have season tickets to the mens team and saw that the womens game was b4 the mens so me and a buddy got there early to check it out. Gosh are they terrible, Ive seen highschool teams that ran offenses better than the Slu's girls team. I wonder how long the coach is gonna keep her job, cause that was an embarrasin display of any kind of basketball, Wisconsin had 3 walk ons in the game pretty much the whole second half and still dominated....I know its game 1 in their season but I see its gonna be a long season for them.

Quality addition to the message board.

Please leave this board.

\\

We know you are just a troll with a new name--Metz maybe? Go away and leave us alone.

I've supported Shimmy throughout her tenure. When she started the program was in shambles, almost nonexistent. I was hoping she could pull a Grawer and lead the program out of the dumps. She's had a few bad breaks, more than her share.

She can't seem to get a breakthrough recruit and she cannot tie up the much of the local talent. It appears her program has lost a ton of momentum. She received a verbal from an area junior, top 50 in her class, a big time recruit. I hope Shimmy is still here by the time she can enroll.

I've supported Shimmy throughout her tenure. When she started the program was in shambles, almost nonexistent. I was hoping she could pull a Grawer and lead the program out of the dumps. She's had a few bad breaks, more than her share.

She can't seem to get a breakthrough recruit and she cannot tie up the much of the local talent. It appears her program has lost a ton of momentum. She received a verbal from an area junior, top 50 in her class, a big time recruit. I hope Shimmy is still here by the time she can enroll.

I think you could replace "Shimmy" with "Jill' and this would be like what we were reading on here a few years ago. IMO, you can only be judged by wins, losses, and postseason appearances if you're a coach.

I think you could replace "Shimmy" with "Jill' and this would be like what we were reading on here a few years ago. IMO, you can only be judged by wins, losses, and postseason appearances if you're a coach.

I respectfully disagree. If this is the case, does a 57-42 overall and 26-22 conference record and 1 CBI apperance justify Coach Majerus's salary? This is not a knock on RM, I believe he does more than record indicates.

Shimmy may need to go but there is more to being a college coach than the above 3 factors.

I respectfully disagree. If this is the case, does a 57-42 overall and 26-22 conference record and 1 CBI apperance justify Coach Majerus's salary? This is not a knock on RM, I believe he does more than record indicates.

Shimmy may need to go but there is more to being a college coach than the above 3 factors.

How long do coaches who don't win and don't make the postseaston last?

Isn't this Shimmy's 6th season? If RM hasn't made the big dance by the end of his 6th season he should probably be gone. I've made many posts on here saying that we should start to question what he's doing if we don't make it this year and look to replace him if we don't make it by year 5. The off-court situation changes things somewhat, but that doesn't give RM a free pass for life IMO. I can throw away this season, and delay my timeframe by a year.

RM is building something here.

How long do coaches who don't win and don't make the postseaston last?

Isn't this Shimmy's 6th season? If RM hasn't made the big dance by the end of his 6th season he should probably be gone. I've made many posts on here saying that we should start to question what he's doing if we don't make it this year and look to replace him if we don't make it by year 5. The off-court situation changes things somewhat, but that doesn't give RM a free pass for life IMO. I can throw away this season, and delay my timeframe by a year.

RM is building something here.

Fair enough.

As someone who has dealt with Shimmy and the team every year since she's been here, I've always been a big fan of hers and am not ready to jump off the bandwagon just yet. The ladies were ready for a breakout season in what would have been Amanda's, Katie's (I believe) and Theresa's Sr. year. When Theresa chose to leave it really knocked them back quite a bit. Of course it was only one player, but it was the best player in the conference and in the history of SLU ladies basketball. Had they put it together that year and possibly made the tourney, they'd have had something to build on. This is a program with such little success over it's history it's not an easy job to turn it around.

I will also say, there comes a time when all the what-if's have to end and success must come. Imo she needs to build something tangible and within the next couple to three years or you just have to look at making a change.

When Theresa chose to leave it really knocked them back quite a bit. Of course it was only one player, but it was the best player in the conference and in the history of SLU ladies basketball. Had they put it together that year and possibly made the tourney, they'd have had something to build on. This is a program with such little success over it's history it's not an easy job to turn it around.

Change the gender of the players, the coach to Spoon, the player to Hughes, and the song sounds pretty darned familiar.......

teresa was already graduated and not only got married, she played professionally last year as well. it is doubtful she would have played in the wnba, so in reality she reached her basketball peak and moved on appropriately. while disappointing for shimmmy and the slu fandom, teresa did what was right for her.

teresa was already graduated and not only got married, she played professionally last year as well. it is doubtful she would have played in the wnba, so in reality she reached her basketball peak and moved on appropriately. while disappointing for shimmmy and the slu fandom, teresa did what was right for her.

DOUBLE ###### STANDARD!!!!! If a player runs off they have no responsibility to the coach or team in your mind but a coach has a responsibility to keep that player for four years. By your logic theresa should have told shimmy right off the bat she was only going to be around for 3 seasons.

DOUBLE ###### STANDARD!!!!! If a player runs off they have no responsibility to the coach or team in your mind but a coach has a responsibility to keep that player for four years. By your logic theresa should have told shimmy right off the bat she was only going to be around for 3 seasons.

i think she did. she came to slu with enough credits to be a sophomore. but i guess you didnt know that before spouting off did you?

and if the scholarship was indeed for four years, i would indeed have a different view on it.

i think she did. she came to slu with enough credits to be a sophomore. but i guess you didnt know that before spouting off did you?

and if the scholarship was indeed for four years, i would indeed have a different view on it.

But your view on it is different. When it comes to a coach letting a player go. Make up your mind roy.

She didn't quit playing NCAA basketball in order to make millions. The point is that you can't compare Theresa Lisch and Larry Hughes very well, other than the fact that they both left with eligibility remaining. Ted Mimlitz is a better Theresa Lisch comparison.

But your view on it is different. When it comes to a coach letting a player go. Make up your mind roy.

i'm not following who the inconsistent one is here. you are upset because teresa did her one year at a time commitment, which is what you apparently believe all the school is committing to, but you want the player to honor some sort of four year commitment that the school doesnt have to abide by.

i guess you are consistently for the school having it both ways.

i have consistently been for the player's benefit.

teresa presented the transfer credits upfront that showed she was going to indeed graduate early. so she basically gave a three year notice.