surprise starter

DoctorB

I have been holding off on this post. But guess who nobody is mentioning as really stepping it up? And guess who has been absolutely torching the nets in scrimmages? it's the forgotten billiken:

Paul Eckerle. This guy may be the guy falling out of the sky this year.

GET READY to see our senior playing a lot more minutes than anyone up to NOW has thought. every time I watch the guys it is clear he is not just the leader, but the best scorer out there. funny how we have been overlooking this dude. no pain in the leg, either.

ps: love the HOOSIERS reference -- my team is on the floor!

here's another -- I'm a fan of man, says John Milton in DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

I have been holding off on this post. But guess who nobody is mentioning as really stepping it up? And guess who has been absolutely torching the nets in scrimmages? it's the forgotten billiken:

Paul Eckerle. This guy may be the guy falling out of the sky this year.

GET READY to see our senior playing a lot more minutes than anyone up to NOW has thought. every time I watch the guys it is clear he is not just the leader, but the best scorer out there. funny how we have been overlooking this dude. no pain in the leg, either.

ps: love the HOOSIERS reference -- my team is on the floor!

here's another -- I'm a fan of man, says John Milton in DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

Thanks for making me feel good today. No guff.

I appreciate all that Eckerle has done at SLU.

He's a hard worker and no doubt will be very successful in life.

That said, if he is a starter this year this team is in worse shape than I thought.

You cant win to many games in the A-10 when Paul Eckerle is more than a spark off the bench.

He's already a leader and that will certainly be needed.

Not a starter, but leaders do matter.

I'd guess he will start the first 3-5 games so the team knows which side to line up on.

If Willie and KM don't get it back together with us I look for RM to get us two immediately eligible transfers and at least one of them could be local

There is going to be a buzz about this and some guys are going to decide to get in the game instead of holding jerseys at the end of the bench

I appreciate all that Eckerle has done at SLU.

He's a hard worker and no doubt will be very successful in life.

That said, if he is a starter this year this team is in worse shape than I thought.

You cant win to many games in the A-10 when Paul Eckerle is more than a spark off the bench.

+1,2, and 3

Eckerle starter???? C'mon we aren't that bad.

He'll definitely have a role now but McCall, Cassity, Salecich, Jett, and Evans are all vying for playing time in the backcourt.

Amen. He is a great kid and I love having him on the team but he is not an A-10 athlete. This is especially true since we play man-to-man on defense. You can hide a slower player in a zone but in man-to-man a slow player causes your defense to crumble.

If Willie and KM don't get it back together with us I look for RM to get us two immediately eligible transfers and at least one of them could be local

Who?

That's not going to happen.