Cameron Biedscheid and Jordan Granger

RiseAndGrind

If we can land these 2 kids in the class of 2012, there is no doubt SLU will be put on the map and will stay there for a long time.

From what I can gather on the internets, SLU seems to be in prime position to land 1 or both of these players. I think the 2012 class is the one that is going to really take this team to another level.

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going this year, and these 2 will want to be a part of it.

I don't have a subscription, but I thought I saw an article on Scout.com that mentioned that Biedscheid really likes Mizzou. Hopefully Majerus and Porter can convince him to stay in St. Louis if that's the case. I don't know much about these guys, but it looks like they would be great "gets" for the program.

I don't have a subscription, but I thought I saw an article on Scout.com that mentioned that Biedscheid really likes Mizzou. Hopefully Majerus and Porter can convince him to stay in St. Louis if that's the case. I don't know much about these guys, but it looks like they would be great "gets" for the program.

Keep in mind that was written by a Mizzou writer.

If SLU can land both, then four to five star rated players from the St. Louis area are likely to at least consider committing to SLU. I have not seen Granger play but Biedscheid is a gem. He was as impressive as a sophomore to me as was Beal when I saw him his sophomore year. (I'm not saying he is as good as Beal but may very well may be by his senior year) Their teams won state championships their sophomore year. I heard that Granger is very good. I really hope SLU signs both.

It will be hard to keep Biedscheid home. He is pushing 6'8 and isn't done growing with that size and his guard skills he'll have the KUs and Dukes offering soon if they haven't already. SLU was in on him first so hopefully we'll stay in the picture.

Granger's situation looks better and better for us. He is still under the radar. Now with BJ Young committing to Arkansas all the schools that were recruiting Young won't get exposed to Granger. Granger has to get bigger and tougher, he can get pushed around inside. He has a solid jumper out to 18 and like Biedscheid is getting taller. Smart kid more in the vein of John rather than Roundtree coming out of North. SLU may still be the only school to offer him yet.

doowop "If SLU can land both, then four to five star rated players from the St. Louis area are likely to at least consider committing to SLU."

St. Louis has four- and five-star players? Annually? Semi-regularly?

doowop "If SLU can land both, then four to five star rated players from the St. Louis area are likely to at least consider committing to SLU."

Three this year. Possibly two next year. At least one the year after. One in 2009. Three in 2008. etc

Whenever St. Louis has them. But we do have them, sometimes.

No local 4* or 5* player will stay here when they can play in ACC, SEC, Big East, Big 12, etc.

Somehow Xavier, Gonzaga, Memphis and even Butler (Hayward) are able to get top recruits despite not being in BCS conferences. If SLU has the type of season we hope this year AND keeps it going with another big year next year, its not impossible to get the big boys to want to stay home.

On another note; Taj has a long standing belief that St. Louis doesn't produce good highschool talent. Nevermind that 3 top 25 players are in this year's class...

Somehow Xavier, Gonzaga, Memphis and even Butler (Hayward) are able to get top recruits despite not being in BCS conferences.

Hayward?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3176674

Butler is now having some top recruits looking at them like Cody Zeller and Michael Chandler...but that is because of major success on the court. If it wasn't for finding Hayward as a diamond in the rough, cultivating his skill and the skills their other overlooked players, Butler wouldn't be having a shot at these top 25 in-state recruits.

Hayward?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3176674

Butler is now having some top recruits looking at them like Cody Zeller and Michael Chandler...but that is because of major success on the court. If it wasn't for finding Hayward as a diamond in the rough, cultivating his skill and the skills their other overlooked players, Butler wouldn't be having a shot at these top 25 in-state recruits.

Did you read the article? Hayward was also being recruited by Michigan and Purdue.

I think that was the point--some top players don't go to the traditional powerhouse programs. Every top prospect is going to get recruited by many schools.

Spencer referred to Hayward as a "diamond in the rough". What are you insinuating is that he was not; which is exactly what was I am saying.

If we can land these 2 kids in the class of 2012, there is no doubt SLU will be put on the map and will stay there for a long time.

From what I can gather on the internets, SLU seems to be in prime position to land 1 or both of these players. I think the 2012 class is the one that is going to really take this team to another level.

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going this year, and these 2 will want to be a part of it.

I was at the Simon Rec yesterday playing basketball. I snapped of a photo of this kid below tearing it up. He said he wanted to come to SLU. Anybody know this guy?

Posted Image

Three this year. Possibly two next year. At least one the year after. One in 2009. Three in 2008. etc

Actually, 3 this year, possibly 3-5 next year, not sure of any in 2013 yet.

And there are some that think the big kid from Desoto HS is right there with Granger. 6'9 kid Rosburg from Marquette HS already has several D1 offers as well.

Actually, 3 this year, possibly 3-5 next year, not sure of any in 2013 yet.

And there are some that think the big kid from Desoto HS is right there with Granger. 6'9 kid Rosburg from Marquette HS already has several D1 offers as well.

Is there any info on Billikens.com about Granger? I don't remember reading anything about him. Same with the "big kid from Desoto." Name and year in school?

Hoop Ins. do you have a web site with this info?

EDIT: Just looked at Rivals top 150. STL region (Eastern MO) is well represented in the 2011 class. Beal/6, McLemore/17, P. Young/18 all of these are 5-stars. Three others are in mid-lower part of the list of 150.

How did we miss out on Young, a 5-star? I never even heard him talked about on this Board. Too bad the artist formerly known as VTIME doesn't post on here anymore.

Is there any info on Billikens.com about Granger? I don't remember reading anything about him. Same with the "big kid from Desoto." Name and year in school?

Hoop Ins. do you have a web site with this info?

EDIT: Just looked at Rivals top 150. STL region (Eastern MO) is well represented in the 2011 class. Beal/6, McLemore/17, P. Young/18 all of these are 5-stars. Three others are in mid-lower part of the list of 150.

How did we miss out on Young, a 5-star? I never even heard him talked about on this Board. Too bad the artist formerly known as VTIME doesn't post on here anymore.

BJ Young has had numerous off the court issues. He seems to be back on track, but he is still not an automatic lock to qualify through the clearinghouse. I'm not sure if Majerus even gave Young a look after learning of his past.

On a lighter note, SLU fans can get a look at Cameron Biedschied in my Elite Hoops Combine on October 9 at Harris-Stowe State University. This is an exposure event primarily for high school seniors and some elite underclassmen. I'm working to get a few more SLU prospects into the event.

BJ Young has had numerous off the court issues. He seems to be back on track, but he is still not an automatic lock to qualify through the clearinghouse. I'm not sure if Majerus even gave Young a look after learning of his past.

On a lighter note, SLU fans can get a look at Cameron Biedschied in my Elite Hoops Combine on October 9 at Harris-Stowe State University. This is an exposure event primarily for high school seniors and some elite underclassmen. I'm working to get a few more SLU prospects into the event.

Thanks for the information on the Elite Hoops Combine.

Let me be clear --- just because a kid gets a few D1 offers (or so it is said) does not in my book make him a four- or five-star recruit. Who does stars? Rivals? If and only if Rivals listed a kid as such, would I add that to their resume. Now, there may be more lists --- a Rivals Four-Star, an ESPNU Top 100, a Vtime Bullsh*t Local D1 wannabee honor and so on. All are of course legit and get added. But even "can't miss" prospects do --- for various reasons. Grades. Clearinghouse. Donating their bodies as cadavers to a practicing law school grad working in juvee court, and so on.

kshoe is right when he says my belief that St. Louis is weak as a developmental basketball area. Even when we get four- and five-star recruits, and they do go elsewhere as so noted in this thread, they don't have John Wall-esque or Carmello-esque years. Hughes had one, but would hae have had the same at a BCS school where he wasn't the one and only? Jahidi White? Average. Loren Woods? Average. David Lee? Average in college, exploded in the pros. LaPhonso Ellis? Workmanlike. Jimmy McKinney? Average. Tyler Hansborough? Above average. Scott Suggs? Incomplete. John Brandenburg? Zero. Just getting mentioned with these accolades is one level of success, but you still have to take the next step and then the next.

Eventually, it will catch up to you. Case in point: the greatest basketbal player is SLU history went from BMOC to first round lottery pick to NBA journeyman.