Barnett Transfers from Toledo to SLU

not sure how you can compare the freshmen seasons considering cassity played backup to kevin lisch his freshman season. not even close to apples and apples opportunities.

why do you assume salacich will now make more shots? cassity did make a higher percentage of shots. he just didnt shoot as much. there is something to be said for not missing too imo.

the main thing that impressed me about salecich was his improvement of his defense from november to march. he was basically just a rec center defender in november. he was legit by march. so i indeed wont give up on salecich. he has rickma thinking in him no doubt.

Good point. If we neve shoot, then we'll never miss. 0-0 ties will really sell a lot of tickets. :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi, for the season:

1. cassity shot seven less shots than salacich for the season. cassity made 9 more shots.

2. cassity shot only 6 less times from the three point line than salecich. cassity made 9 more three pointers than salacich.

3. people want to argue about cassity's future instead of salacich?

fyi, for the season:

1. cassity shot seven less shots than salacich for the season. cassity made 9 more shots.

2. cassity shot only 6 less times from the three point line than salecich. cassity made 9 more three pointers than salacich.

who wants to argue?

Wow, I guess CE is not a solid go-to player. He is only going to be one of our 2 best players whereever he is at: 3 or 4.

Well, best three. My hope is that Willie is our best player.

fyi, for the season:

While I agree with you, KC was a soph and Christian was a freshman. Im surprised there werent more commenents about Christian's play because he needs to step it up or he is going to start seeing the floor a lot less.

RM is a huge KC fan, but I don't think even he wanted Kyle to play him 32 minutes a game like he did this past season. Remember that injuries to Reid and later Femi, forced all the guards to play a few more minutes. I think 25-28 mpg next year is about right. I like Kyle too, but I would rather he play about 5 less minutes and be more fresh when he is in there. There are several reasons why I am pretty sure his minutes will go down. McCall is a big reason, plus with the addition of Loe, it will likely mean more minutes for Cody at the 3 (Evans is also in the mix), which in turn will mean that Christian won't play the 3 as much, therefore making Christian more available to also get some minutes at the 2. Whew... I hope that made sense.

fyi, for the season:

Who is arguing with you, roy?

I'm not sure why you want to turn this into KC vs. CS. I, for one, don't think I've mentioned CS at all in this thread. If you want to start throwing numbers around, that's great. Kyle played 146 MORE MINUTES THAN CHRISTIAN last year. He should have more attempts and makes, shouldn't he? That's more than 3.5 more games played over the whole year. How is it than Christian had 50 more FT attempts in 146 fewer minutes?

I agree that CS needs to shoot the ball better next year if he wants comparable PT. Among our guards, KM is the only guy who's guaranteed anything next year. Wouldn't you agree it's a good problem to have?

Wouldn't you agree it's a good problem to have?

i think it is amazing that the player for a year now that gets singled out negatively more than any of our regular main players is cassity. i bring up salacich because imo he is the weakest link not cassity.

i think it is amazing that the player for a year now that gets singled out negatively more than any of our regular main players is cassity. i bring up salacich because imo he is the weakest link not cassity.

Read the thread. I brought up Kyle in defense of Kyle because the original comment was the only players with anything guaranteed were KM and WR.

My response was KC and CE will get 25 mpg next year. Kyle wasn't brought up or singled out in a negative manner. He was brought up by me stating he deserves his minutes.

skip have i said i was debating you? i am defending with you. there are plenty of others that dont agree with the merits of kyle cassity that i am talking to with my comments.

Read the thread. I brought up Kyle in defense of Kyle because the original comment was the only players with anything guaranteed were KM and WR.

My response was KC and CE will get 25 mpg next year. Kyle wasn't brought up or singled out in a negative manner. He was brought up by me stating he deserves his minutes.

Skip, as far as I know he didn't bring you up at all. Kyle contributed a ton to the team last year and he is going to get minutes this year. period. But we still need him to be more aggressive and he needs to step up his defense as well. Its good now but not stopper level good and that is what we need out of him

Come on roy. You should just admit that Kyle is your new fair haired boy, a la Daniel Lisch. No one is taking cheapshots at Kyle. You, on the other hand, are trying to deflect by making negative posts about Christian. What kind of a fan does that? Suggesting that Kyle's minutes might decrease next year is not calling him the weakest link. On good teams with deep rosters lots of guys get PT. It's called an ADVANTAGE, and it's on we haven't had in some time.

some people have bagged CS from the time he has set foot on the court for SLU , especially Roy who seems to be the kids biggest critic from day 1 (personal motives ?) , yes it may be justified and yet it might not be , but considering he is a freshman who had to play big minutes due to our roster & injuries he has not done to bad , obviously he was just a passenger in a team that finished 4th in their conference maybe if we had sent him back to OZ early enough we might have won the NCAA title . weakest link was a bit over the top !!

The kids that do read this must think they have some of the the best fans supporting them,

I agree CS`s minutes will drop due to the talent on the team coming in and hopefully less injuries and will probably play behind KC who will still be playing a min of 30 mins. CS`s PT will only probably be 10-15 mins

And at the end of the season the revolving door we will see our weakest link tranfer to a team were he will be a less of a burden, which im sure will make Roy happy.

some people have bagged CS from the time he has set foot on the court for SLU , especially Roy who seems to be the kids biggest critic from day 1 (personal motives ?) , yes it may be justified and yet it might not be , but considering he is a freshman who had to play big minutes due to our roster & injuries he has not done to bad , obviously he was just a passenger in a team that finished 4th in their conference maybe if we had sent him back to OZ early enough we might have won the NCAA title . weakest link was a bit over the top !!

The kids that do read this must think they have some of the the best fans supporting them,

I agree CS`s minutes will drop due to the talent on the team coming in and hopefully less injuries and will probably play behind KC who will still be playing a min of 30 mins. CS`s PT will only probably be 10-15 mins

And at the end of the season the revolving door we will see our weakest link tranfer to a team were he will be a less of a burden, which im sure will make Roy happy.

You dont really pay attention a whole lot do you? Christian has gone relatively unharmed whereas Kyle has taken the majority of the beating.

You dont really pay attention a whole lot do you? Christian has gone relatively unharmed whereas Kyle has taken the majority of the beating.

I pay great attention , when people were giving KC a hard time i had posted numerous times on the positives of KC and always believed he would be one of our most valuable players as i still do , I will stand up for all our Bills players because this year they proved not only they played with skill but showed they had huge hearts and a never die attitude and gave it their best , for some their best is not good enough, every single player that stepped on to the court this year deserves that respect . not to be bagged on a public forum, for all to see especially any future recruits and their families

Tourist your comprehension isnt too good is it. i complimented salacich's fantastic advancement in his defense. and just because i said he was our weakest link, doesnt mean i dont think he was good. i only questioned why cassity gets a thread of beatup about once a month while the lesser player, salacich goes unscathed.

NO WHERE did i say he should go. you said that. as i have stated countless times, a billiken player should never be shown the door unless they are not performing academically or unless they have done something off the court to demonstrate they are not the level of citizen that a slu athlete should always be. from all i have heard, christian is a total gentleman, a great teamate and good student. i want him as a billiken.

I pay great attention , when people were giving KC a hard time i had posted numerous times on the positives of KC and always believed he would be one of our most valuable players as i still do , I will stand up for all our Bills players because this year they proved not only they played with skill but showed they had huge hearts and a never die attitude and gave it their best , for some their best is not good enough, every single player that stepped on to the court this year deserves that respect . not to be bagged on a public forum, for all to see especially any future recruits and their families

I bet KC could care less what a bunch of idiots who dont know anything about basketball tell him on the forum.

While I disagree with what a lot of people have said, I will defend their right to say it.

Christian did not have a great year in terms of production, I don't see what is wrong with pointing that out. Kyle had a poor first half of the season. Neither player was outstanding. But KC was very good for a stretch and Christian was very solid for a freshman.

Cassity's minutes will diminish not only because of McCall but also because of Jordair Jett. RM did not go after Jett to have him doing a lot of sitting. If Cassity does not start shooting more he has more players who can come in for him. On a team that averages only sixty three points a game, a player playing as much as he does has to shoot more and make more shots.

Why do we have to be critical of CS to defend KC? CS was a freshman who went thru a tough stretch but hit his stride at the end of the conference season and showed great strides defensively. He also happened to be our best free throw shooter and had no issues with being aggressive offensively. KC is a good passer who also happens to be our best overall defensive player. While he is not as aggressive offensively as we might like, he has shown a knack for hitting big shots (especially in the 2nd half of games) and seems to have a very high basketball IQ. I can point out negatives in each of these players' games, but they each have positives that outweight these as well as potential to improve.

Both of these players were relied on for lots of minutes down the stretch of the season and both came up big, IMO. I was impressed by the swagger CS showed as a freshman. I don't see any reason we shouldn't think he will improve. KC came into his own during the conference season, and as with CS, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't improve as well. I find it somewhat distasteful to try to point out one player's shortcomings to make a point. this isn't just with CS and KC, but I have seen this done with KM and CE as well. CE showed flashes of brilliance in HALF a season, despite being out of shape (due to no real fault of his own) and KM is the leader of this team and is shaping up to be one of the best Billikens of all time.

Once again, criticism is fair, completely and totally. But throwing players under the bus to show your support for another player is just distasteful and low. I honestly think we have one of the best core of players I can remember in quite a long while. KC, CS, KM, CE, WR, CR and BC represent a very good core. RL, JJ, JB, MM, and DE look to be one of the most exciting recruiting classes we have had in a while. I will miss FJ, JR, Jordan and JS, but I honeslty do not think we could have avoided any of them leaving (FJ and JR due to injury, Jordan and JS due to playing time in the future.) I am truly excited for the upcoming season, more than I have EVER been as a Billiken fan.

Not looking to take shots at anyone...just trying to keep things in perspective for us. We should be excited about the players we have currently on our team!

The last page of this is pretty weird.

BRoy starting defending KC but I didnt even see anyone ripping him. I saw people saying he should shoot more(true) and people saying his minutes will decrease this year(probably true). KC took a lot of undeserved krap at the beggining of the year but his play swayed the crowed in his favor. By the midpoint of the season his critics werent busing his balls but wanting him to shoot more and began to see what he meant to the team. How this turned into a KC vs CS debate is beyond me but I think we will see a similar Freshman to sophmore improvent from CS that we saw from KC and it will pay off big for the team

Cassity's minutes will diminish not only because of McCall but also because of Jordair Jett. RM did not go after Jett to have him doing a lot of sitting. If Cassity does not start shooting more he has more players who can come in for him. On a team that averages only sixty three points a game, a player playing as much as he does has to shoot more and make more shots.

This goes for everyone on the team. They all need another player pushing them for minutes. If the new players can do this they will all get better and we will have a better team. Players don't have to have the most minutes. They have to all have quality minutes and everyone benifits. This won't happen, but I would like to see the competion give us a line up of JJ at the 1, MM at the 2. DE at the 3, RL at the 4, and CR at the 5.

If something like that were to happen we would be very highly ranked.

BS like this is what the board is for, Right? :)

Roy, I am on the same page is you. I am a big fan of Kyle Cassity and believe he has been the subject of a great deal of unjustified criticism.

What sort of criticism do you consider unjustifeid? Most of what I'm reading is that he's a good player who needs to be more aggressive. RM has said as much on more than one occasion.