OT-Anderson to Oregon?

According to Frank, Mike is being courted by Phil Knight and his deep pockets.

I don't really care just don't want Mizzou coming after Porter if it does happen.

Anderson already said no. I also don't think they'd go after Porter.

IF Anderson did go and they did hire Porter I bet we could finally get our series with Mizzou :lol:

IF Anderson did go and they did hire Porter I bet we could finally get our series with Mizzou :lol:

I haven't heard he has said no yet but he might have. I know they won't go after Porter either, just wanted to stir the pot like some of our favorite Mizzou trolls.

IF Anderson did go and they did hire Porter I bet we could finally get our series with Mizzou ;)

Romar won't play SLU.

Bruce Weber won't play SIUC.

Often, these decisions are made at higher levels than the head coach. If a head coach really wants to play a game, then depending upon the school and his pull w/in the school, then it will happen.

Mizzou will never hire a SLU assistant coach, unless he was some former Mizzou Tigers superstar. PM, of course, is not. If Mizzou did hire PM, though, the powers that be at Mizzou would not allow the game w/o their numerous conditions.

I haven't heard he has said no yet but he might have. I know they won't go after Porter either, just wanted to stir the pot like some of our favorite Mizzou trolls.

They would love to have Porter...but Porter would probably turn them down to stay an assistant at SLU. Would you blame him? ;)

Anderson makes $1.55 Million for coaching the Tigers? That seem high to anyone else?

Its the price to play these days. A few weeks ago someone posted some good articles on sports finances that showed over the past 5 years or so D1 coaches salaries have gone up 50% or something like that while school wide revenues have gone down. As long as there are more teams trying to win than there are capable coaches, the salaries will continue to escalate with no end in sight.

if anderson is being offered $3m a year and has the support of nike, he would be a fool to turn that down. take the money and run. mizzou would cut him in a second if he has two bad seasons in a row, so why should loyalty even be on the table?

if anderson is being offered $3m a year and has the support of nike, he would be a fool to turn that down. take the money and run. mizzou would cut him in a second if he has two bad seasons in a row, so why should loyalty even be on the table?

2 things:

1) The costs of a coach keep going up and up. It's a bubble will pop in a short matter of time.

2) All the Tigger fans think MA will stay b/c of the team he has/coming in. We'll see, but money talks.

Its the price to play these days. A few weeks ago someone posted some good articles on sports finances that showed over the past 5 years or so D1 coaches salaries have gone up 50% or something like that while school wide revenues have gone down. As long as there are more teams trying to win than there are capable coaches, the salaries will continue to escalate with no end in sight.

I do not follow teams other thant the Bills very closely. I Keep hearing that Rick's million dollar contract is massive and highest in the A10. I'm suprised to hear Anderson is making 1.5 and being offered 3 million. This is Oregon not Kentucky and this is Anderson not Calipari.......

Unfortunately, SLU and Fr. B. are trying to reverse this trend. Hire the coach for $1 million and then start cutting back on your promises. ;)

Also, this should be a wake-up call to all the Fr. Biondi apologists who truly think he supports the sports program, in general, and men's basketball, in particular. Many pedestrian coaches are making $1 million. Just last week, it was posted that Steve Alford made about $1 million several years ago after mixed results at Iowa. Many other coaches also would be threatening to leave a Non-BCS school like SLU after this year's record to make even more money. RM, the guy some like to make out as some evil guy, is not doing that and, as most will probably agree, is worth every bit of his $1 million salary. Fr. Biondi. Where's the "atta boy, good job" payraise for RM? Regular raises and bonues based upon performance help employees stay and stay happier. Instead, Fr. Biondi wants to cut back (chartered flights...).

Sorry if this post mildly angers the Fr. Biondi apologist who still like to say "But SLU built the $80 Chaieft Arena, what more proof do you want?" :lol:

+1

2 things:

1) The costs of a coach keep going up and up. It's a bubble will pop in a short matter of time.

2) All the Tigger fans think MA will stay b/c of the team he has/coming in. We'll see, but money talks.

I'm hoping he will stay but I'm guessing that money gap might have to be narrowed a little. He just received a bump last year at this time.

I'm hoping he will stay but I'm guessing that money gap might have to be narrowed a little. He just received a bump last year at this time.

while i would tell anderson to "take the money and run", conversely i would tell mizzou to "wish him luck in the great northwest".

at that level wouldnt anderson be amongst the top 20 paid coaches in the country? no way anderson is a top 20 coach. and i am sure mizzou can find another comparable coach for the nearly $2 million they are currently paying anderson. just saying.

i would think we arent getting the actual facts on this one.

while i would tell anderson to "take the money and run", conversely i would tell mizzou to "wish him luck in the great northwest".

at that level wouldnt anderson be amongst the top 20 paid coaches in the country? no way anderson is a top 20 coach. and i am sure mizzou can find another comparable coach for the nearly $2 million they are currently paying anderson. just saying.

This is from Mike Dearmond, who writes for the KC star and is about as close to the Mizzou program as anyone:

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/843

This is from Mike Dearmond, who writes for the KC star and is about as close to the Mizzou program as anyone:

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/843

totally agree with mike dearmond. that is a good column.

Did anyone read down into the comments?

The Oregon AD in now in St Louis. To do what you might ask? Well the rumor being circulated is to talk to Majerus.

Now, my guess is, it is total BS, butt...$3 million is on the table. So, who knows?

Top paid coaches:

Krzyzewski_$4.1

Pitino_$4.1

Self_$3.7

Izzo_$3.1

If he took the job, which he already stated on Wednesday that he would not, he would be the 5th highest paid coach in ncaa basketball. Currently he ranks 23rd with a salary of $1.55 million.

Did anyone read down into the comments?

The Oregon AD in now in St Louis. To do what you might ask? Well the rumor being circulated is to talk to Majerus.

Now, my guess is, it is total BS, butt...$3 million is on the table. So, who knows?

Can you provide a link to that rumor? I would be very surprised by that. USC was too far away for RM to be away from his mother, so going to Oregon would make no sense.

St. Louis is also pretty close to Boone County, which I think is more likely.

Can you provide a link to that rumor? I would be very surprised by that. USC was too far away for RM to be away from his mother, so going to Oregon would make no sense.

St. Louis is also pretty close to Boone County, which I think is more likely.

It is the link that went to the stl today article in this thread. See post #7 by Ms. Doubtfire. There is a link in that article to a Oregon site discussing this topic. It is in the comments below the article. Again, posted by an online reader. So, take with a HUGE grain of salt. But, who knows?

It is the link that went to the stl today article in this thread. See post #7 by Ms. Doubtfire. It is in the comments below the article. Again, posted by an online reader. So, take with a HUGE grain of salt. But, who knows?

Come on. Like I suspected, not from a credible source. Probably a Mizzou fan.