Kramer and Alex Bazzell transferring to Lindenwood

Guest BillikenReport

This is a good move from Kramer from a basketball standpoint.

He started five games this season and averaged 2.2 points in 11.8 minutes per game.

To put that into perspective for SLU fans, Kramer, in his second year at Miami, was basically Cory Remekun or Jon Smith for his team this year. Both Cory and Jon had similar stats to Kramer this year.

So now Kramer goes to Lindenwood, gets to play for his dad for two seasons and then probably stay on as a student-assistant coach while he goes to grad school and gets to learn how to be a coach from his father.

Is the Miami-Ohio education more important that all that time with his father? It's supposed to be a very good school, but I don't think so.

Agree on the relative insanity of leaving hoops in the MAC for Lindenwood. I was always a Brad supporter but Lindenwood is super meh. And, I apologize in advance for this- I truly do- but Lindenwood is not a quality institution whatsoever. It is a federal student loan recycling/laundering operation.

Isn't Lindenwood the alma mater of Billiken Bob Ramsey?

Isn't Lindenwood the alma mater of Billiken Bob Ramsey?

I know, I know, but I feel this way about that: Bob contributed much more to Lindenwood that vice-versa. Karraker went there too. Bright people end up at third tier places all the time.

Not that I'm comparing Ramsey, who is very bright, to Randy K, who is not so much.

Lindenwood's the type of school who figures out how to get a scholarship lozenge-sucking team via federal grant dollars. And, not to be racially supercharged here, but St. Charles is horrible.

This is a good move from Kramer from a basketball standpoint.

He started five games this season and averaged 2.2 points in 11.8 minutes per game.

To put that into perspective for SLU fans, Kramer, in his second year at Miami, was basically Cory Remekun or Jon Smith for his team this year. Both Cory and Jon had similar stats to Kramer this year.

So now Kramer goes to Lindenwood, gets to play for his dad for two seasons and then probably stay on as a student-assistant coach while he goes to grad school and gets to learn how to be a coach from his father.

Is the Miami-Ohio education more important that all that time with his father? It's supposed to be a very good school, but I don't think so.

If Kramer's goal is to become a coach, then this probably is a smart move. He goes to Lindenwood and gets the chance to play for his father, and as the coach's son he probably gets the chance to observe Brad's day-to-day activities more than he would be able to observe Miami coach Charlie Coles' activities. From hearing what other coaches have said, I think that success in coaching is as much about getting lucky and ending up in a good situation as anything else. In St. Louis, upon graduating from Lindenwood, he'll be able to be an assistant to Brad while in grad school, plus he'll have some name recognition. At Miami, he'd likely just be known as a mediocre college basketball player, and would have been away from St. Louis, the one place where he might have name recognition, for 4 years.

With that said, if he wants to do something other than coaching, then playing sparingly at Miami would be worth it. As a regular guy, the option would be a no-brainer for me. I'd stay at Miami.

When I was a senior in High Shool my buddy was at lindenwood staying in the dorms.

He got a keg and invited me and a bunch of my buddies to his room to party.

We were there about 3 hours when we heard a knock on the door and the FBI came flying into his room.

I knew you werent supposed to have kegs but I thought that was a little extreme. The FBI takes all of us in the dorm down to a private room and began to question us one by one.

I was wondering why they would go to so much trouble for underage drinking.

It wasnt until they began questioning me that I realized we werent there for drinking. The night before was when that girl got her head chopped off and they were questioning us about the murder.

Good times!!!

When I was a senior in High Shool my buddy was at lindenwood staying in the dorms.

We were there about 3 hours when we heard a knock on the door and the FBI came flying into his room.

I knew you werent supposed to have kegs but I thought that was a little extreme. The FBI takes all of us in the dorm down to a private room and began to question us one by one.

It wasnt until they began questioning me that I realized we werent there for drinking. The night before was when that girl got her head chopped off and they were questioning us about the murder.

Good times!!!

hahahahahaha, never heard about this. hilarious.

The night before was when that girl got her head chopped off and they were questioning us about the murder.

Good times!!!

Well, the good times crack WAS funny.

I do remember that story; this was in the past 4 or 5 years, right? Yes, definitely.

If Kramer's goal is to become a coach, then this probably is a smart move. He goes to Lindenwood and gets the chance to play for his father, and as the coach's son he probably gets the chance to observe Brad's day-to-day activities more than he would.....

I personally always admired Brad from afar but, Lord have mercy, how much time with his dad can Kramer stand? Of course, I must be projecting my own filial issues on Kramer :blink:

:blink: You must have an extremely macabre sense of humor.

kind of. i just pictured billy baldwin pulling back the sheet and in a ridiculously gravelly voice saying, "well, this wasn't exactly the right time to 'go losing her head'..."

my buddy saw a guy ride his crotchrocket into the back of a semi truck once and knock his own head off. he said that wasn't funny at all. so i can see both sides.

Good times!!!

I remember when this happened. I don't remeber if they caught who did it.

I remember when this happened. I don't remeber if they caught who did it.

Yeah they caught him.

A friend of mine from SEMO dad actually ended up being the defense attorney in that case.

He lost and the dude went to jail.

People who post things before they even know anything about the situation really are not ver smart in my own opinion. They make themselves look quite stupid.

People who come onto message boards criticizing posters and the coach of a school just because there brother didn't like the school/couldn't handle it academically do not seem ver smart in my own opinion.

People who come onto message boards criticizing posters and the coach of a school just because there brother didn't like the school/couldn't handle it academically do not seem ver smart in my own opinion.

Again you have no clue about that situation either so saying things that aren't true make you look like a dumb ass. And when did I criticize the coach...read much?

You have always been critical of Majerus.

Never have. Always said he was a very good coach. The one major flaw he has is his social ineptitude. Everyone can agree with that. I'm also pretty sure it's ok to not like a man for being a dick head. Good coach smart man but an ass. Everyone knows that and that's ok for some people. You over sensitive saint louisans hahaha. Oh no someone doesn't like our coach boohoo

Never have. Always said he was a very good coach. The one major flaw he has is his social ineptitude. Everyone can agree with that. I'm also pretty sure it's ok to not like a man for being a dick head. Good coach smart man but an ass. Everyone knows that and that's ok for some people. You over sensitive saint louisans hahaha. Oh no someone doesn't like our coach boohoo

You Thompsons are so sensitive. Some coach didn't like your brother boohoo.

Funny how things work.

Let the subject die

You Thompsons are so sensitive. Some coach didn't like your brother boohoo.

Funny how things work.

Let the subject die

Everyone should let this die. I can't see a single positive with getting into an internet pissing match with the brother of a player that left the program.