Refs

Which refs were worse A 10 refs or tonight?

Were they bad? Yes.

Do I blame them for anything? NO!

We played MANY minutes of GOD AWFUL basketball. That effort would only have beaten one or two A10 teams even at the Fetz. Gotta step it up on Wednesday

Which refs were worse A 10 refs or tonight?

They are both bad, but I think tonight's were the worst yet. Rick Majerus rarely gets upset with the refs, and tonight Majerus and Porter Moser were both animated at that one horrible call late in the game, the one that prompted Majerus to make a move on someone's laptop near the SLU bench at the scorer's table. Moser fell back into his seat. Majerus then took a long walk down and in front of the SLU bench.

There was also a terrible series of bad calls earlier in the second half, silly moving pick calls, that nearly took SLU completely out of the game.

Once the coaching staff put Cody Ellis down low, where he had a huge height advantage and where Green Bay could not guard him, SLU came back in this game.

Were they bad? Yes.

Do I blame them for anything? NO!

We played MANY minutes of GOD AWFUL basketball. That effort would only have beaten one or two A10 teams even at the Fetz. Gotta step it up on Wednesday

Bad 15-0 Green Bay run was nearly the ballgame. But SLU was able to figure out to put Cody Ellis down low, where Green Bay could not guard him, and the SLU comeback was fueled.

Bring on the Ivy Leaguers from Princeton on Wed. night. I like that matchup better for SLU than playing Boston U., which has athletes.

I loved that Rick slammed some random laptop. Hope it wasn't TT's. I would say, I hope it's bernie's, but we all know he wasn't at the game and if he was, he certainly wasn't on press row taking notes on his computer.

I'm assuming the laptop belonged to a member of the SLU Sports Information Department, as they seemed to be around the area where Majerus was standing, plus I saw several of them laughing themselves silly over the whole thing for a minute or two after it happened. I didn't see it with my own eyes, as I had turned around to smack the row of bleachers behind me. All I saw was one of our tuba players laughing and saying something to the effect of "Majerus just grabbed somebody's laptop!"

I'm assuming the laptop belonged to a member of the SLU Sports Information Department, as they seemed to be around the area where Majerus was standing, plus I saw several of them laughing themselves silly over the whole thing for a minute or two after it happened. I didn't see it with my own eyes, as I had turned around to smack the row of bleachers behind me. All I saw was one of our tuba players laughing and saying something to the effect of "Majerus just grabbed somebody's laptop!"

Did you see him run to the far baseline to avoid getting a tech? Priceless. You go Rick

Did you see him run to the far baseline to avoid getting a tech? Priceless. You go Rick

No. By the time I turned around after being told about him grabbing the laptop, he wasn't in his normal place and I wondered where he had gone. Suddenly I looked at the bench and saw him standing down at the end of the bench.

These refs were atrocious. I give Green Bay credit all their guards were very athletic and skilled but this is the dirtiest team outside the Valley. Berry is such a dirty player. On one play Willie Bobbled a rebound, battling with another WGB player and Berry yanks his shoulders and puts Reed on his back. No call of course. Their little white guard was also dirty as hell. Both the injuries we suffered, Conk's and JJ's were caused by a no call on an out of control play and the WGB players mucking it up on the ground.

The fat stout ref was the worst. The black ref made some questionable calls and the other one stood around and watched. These guys also spent an inordinate amount of time talking to the WGB bench. They virtually ignored Majerus throughout the game.

These refs were atrocious. I give Green Bay credit all their guards were very athletic and skilled but this is the dirtiest team outside the Valley. Berry is such a dirty player. On one play Willie Bobbled a rebound, battling with another WGB player and Berry yanks his shoulders and puts Reed on his back. No call of course. Their little white guard was also dirty as hell. Both the injuries we suffered, Conk's and JJ's were caused by a no call on an out of control play and the WGB players mucking it up on the ground.

The fat stout ref was the worst. The black ref made some questionable calls and the other one stood around and watched. These guys also spent an inordinate amount of time talking to the WGB bench. They virtually ignored Majerus throughout the game.

Are the organizers giving certain teams home games but using officials from each visiting team's conference? The visiting team has won a majority of the games in this tourney — or at least it seems that way.

Are the organizers giving certain teams home games but using officials from each visiting team's conference? The visiting team has won a majority of the games in this tourney — or at least it seems that way.

I looked up the refs. The quiet younger ref, Mike Eades, did NCAA tourney games this weekend. He also did the ACC tourney. My firewall is blocking one of the refs pages for some reason. The other one Earl Robinson only did 20 games this year, most of them in the CAA. Eades has reffed over 90 contests this season. Eades did the Temple game for us but none of the refs appear to be featured by either the Horizon or A-10.

the opening 6 minutes of the second half was the worst series of calls i have ever seen in a basketball game in my life. just amazingly wrong. after that i thought they did better and if anything called in our favor most of the rest of the game.

that said, the refs set the tone of the game with the second half start and changed the billikens approach. almost took the game away. the difference was about the 12 minute mark cassity and mitchell apparently decided that they were putting an end to the green bay fun and totally shut down their best two players thereafter.

cassity and mitchell won the game. their defense on two very very good guards that last 12 minutes was the model of what defense should be.

Bad 15-0 Green Bay run was nearly the ballgame. But SLU was able to figure out to put Cody Ellis down low, where Green Bay could not guard him, and the SLU comeback was fueled.

Bring on the Ivy Leaguers from Princeton on Wed. night. I like that matchup better for SLU than playing Boston U., which has athletes.

13 -0 run

OK where were the refs from? The last game we had A10 refs - I thought. Also, JJ could have avoided the whole problem had he just simply picked the ball up without trying to dribble it on his knees. Even if they had tied him up the possession arrow was in our favor. Besides, he could have simply passed it to one of the 2 Bills right next to him. I am not blaming him for his injury just saying there was need to turn it into a scrum.

-i totally feel bad for JJ, horrible injury and i hope he is ok and makes a 100% recovery, but to blame the refs for his injury imo is wrong as from what i saw he had a chance to control the ball, he didn't and then all hell broke free