NCAA Tournament Round 1 GDT

No. 2 seed Nova losing to Robert Morris. Let the upsets begin.

The early games are looking interesting with:

Robert Morris up 28-22 on Nova at the half

BYU up on Florida 51-46 with 12 minutes remaining

Notre Dame in a battle with Old Dominion up 39-35 with 9:45 remaining

The early games are looking interesting with:

Robert Morris up 28-22 on Nova at the half

BYU up on Florida 51-46 with 12 minutes remaining

Notre Dame in a battle with Old Dominion up 39-35 with 9:45 remaining

Quick update, things are really heating up:

Robert Morris up 41-34 on Nova with 11 minutes remaining

BYU up on Florida 68-65 with 4 minutes remaining

ODU is up on Notre Dame 48-46 with 1 minute remaining

Northern Iowa beat ODU in the bracketbuster game played in Cedar Falls.

NIU is a good team, but they drew a tough matchup with UNLV. Should be interesting with the contrasting styles of play.

St. Mary's has opened up a 62-50 lead on Richmond w/ about 8:24 left.

Gaels win 80-71, and it wasn't that close in the second half.

Despite spending long parts of both halves on the bench in foul trouble, SMC Local Center Omar Samhan (San Ramon Valley HS) dominated Richmond with 29 points. McConnell hit the long rainbow 3's for 23. And even young frosh, Bo Levesque, another local (DeLaSalle) subbed for Omar in both halves and scored 5 points, the last 2 on a dunk that had everyone yelling at our venue. Bo is only 6'5" at most, but played his role well, setting picks, grabbing rebounds.

Great win- I hope the Gaels can take down Villanova in Round 2. Nova somehow survived today, and looks vulnerable to the Galloping Gaels in Round 2.

Loved it when CBS played "Mr. Sand Man" to honor Omar.

Here's hoping Willie Reed was watching. If Willie can put on a little beef, he can dominate Richmond the next 2 years, just like Omar did today. Richmond clearly had no answer for Mr. Sand Man down low in the paint.

Gaels win 80-71, and it wasn't that close in the second half.

Despite spending long parts of both halves on the bench in foul trouble, SMC Local Center Omar Samhan (San Ramon Valley HS) dominated Richmond with 29 points. McConnell hit the long rainbow 3's for 23. And even young frosh, Bo Levesque, another local (DeLaSalle) subbed for Omar in both halves and scored 5 points, the last 2 on a dunk that had everyone yelling at our venue. Bo is only 6'5" at most, but played his role well, setting picks, grabbing rebounds.

Great win- I hope the Gaels can take down Villanova in Round 2. Nova somehow survived today, and looks vulnerable to the Galloping Gaels in Round 2.

Loved it when CBS played "Mr. Sand Man" to honor Omar.

Here's hoping Willie Reed was watching. If Willie can put on a little beef, he can dominate Richmond the next 2 years, just like Omar did today. Richmond clearly had no answer for Mr. Sand Man down low in the paint.

Bummer for the A-10. This is another underhanded way the committee jobs the small guys. It would have been nice to see Clemson playing St. Mary's and Missouri (or another 10 seed who hasn't played Richmond) playing Richmond. Quit putting the non-BCS schools against each other when you can avoid it.

Bummer for the A-10. This is another underhanded way the committee jobs the small guys. It would have been nice to see Clemson playing St. Mary's and Missouri (or another 10 seed who hasn't played Richmond) playing Richmond. Quit putting the non-BCS schools against each other when you can avoid it.

Agreed re these diabolical NCAA non-BCS v. non-BCS matchups. We were commenting about it today amongst our group watching the game. This is the way of the NCAA/BCS killing one of the two little birds with one stone.

I didn't know whom to root for before the game started, and I had Richmond in my brackets. But early in the game, I had to go with the Gaels, especially the way the local big man, Omar Samhan, was just dominating. And then when they put in the young frosh from DeLaSalle, that sealed the deal.

Give it up for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons coming back in OT to take down Texas. Down 8 in OT and Ish Smith hits the runner with a second to go. From heartbreak city to jubilation city baby!!!!

Agreed re these diabolical NCAA non-BCS v. non-BCS matchups. We were commenting about it today amongst our group watching the game. This is the way of the NCAA/BCS killing one of the two little birds with one stone.

I didn't know whom to root for before the game started, and I had Richmond in my brackets. But early in the game, I had to go with the Gaels, especially the way the local big man, Omar Samhan, was just dominating. And then when they put in the young frosh from DeLaSalle, that sealed the deal.

'Nova's gonna have big trouble w/ St. Marys. They don't have a true big who can match up w/ the Sand Man. Wished I'd researched the Gaels a little better. You can't discount a good big in these games. Note to RM and PM: get Rob Loe to commit... today!