2010 NIT Selection Show

sluhomer

"Same as it ever was" C'mon Billiken fans, everybody knows that Thee University of Missouri is the basketball program everyone follows in this city and state!

So what if you win the NIT, all you can chant is "We're #65".

Billiken and Cub fans always have "next year"!!!

Get lost Dbag.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Same as it ever was" C'mon Billiken fans, everybody knows that Thee University of Missouri is the basketball program everyone follows in this city and state!

Not to worry, good ole mizzou will get tossed in the first round as usual. sort of reminds me of their great football program.

LOL This guy takes the time to create an account, then attempts to piss of SLU fans.

Yet, I'm sure he doesn't care what SLU fans think.

Mizzou plays in St. Louis? Weird. Shut up and go on your own message board. I would LOVE to see SLU play mizzou every year. Frankly, I'm sure Mizzou is scared to get embarrassed by our billikens.

Mizzou sucks. Come to the 'Fetz and we'll settle this on the court. No one wants to play at the 'Fetz!!

Sh*t.

What got us was SOS > 100 and we only beat one NCAA tourney team, Richmond, and that was at home, I think we snuck up on them a little.

NW beat Purdue, ND, Minny; NC ST and even North Carolina beat a few good NCAA tourney teams.

And all of them had much superior SOS compared to us.

Dayton one is a *****, we beat them twice, but they beat Xavier and Georgia Tech, had a 55 RPI and a much better SOS than us.

Giving auto NIT berth to mini conferences winners is a joke, keeps some good teams out.

NIT likes big 6 power conferences... one of them usually wins the NIT.

these responses are awesome. Better than I expected. My favorite may have been the guy trying to take a shot at Thee University of Missouri's football program. Ummm, shouldn't you at least have a football program before slamming any program?

Billiken Bob Ramsey is on suicide watch.

Trivia Question: When is the last time SLU won a game in the NCAA tournament.

Hint: call your grandpas and ask them.

these responses are awesome. Better than I expected. My favorite may have been the guy trying to take a shot at Thee University of Missouri's football program. Ummm, shouldn't you at least have a football program before slamming any program?

haha, this dude is great.

He's going to talk major ######, then once Mizzou gets pwned in the tourney he wil crawl back in his hole and wait for next year. I love it.

Do you think UNC or UConn fans are anxiously awaiting the NIT selections? F*** NO!!!! It's bull****!!!!

We actually CARE about playing in the NIT, while UNC, and UConn take it as almost an insult, whereas we see it as a reward...

The NIT Committee needs to seriously evaluate their selection criteria! I remember watching a Maryland NIT game where there were only about 1200 fans in the stands...I guarantee SLU would sell out Chaifetz for an NIT game!

I agree that this is total crap, but our advance ticket sales for the NIT and conference game, had we played one, were very low. Many season ticketholders did not commit to purchasing tickets when given the option. Many of us would have looked forward to the game, and maybe the press would have helped sell some tickets, but we haven't sold out a home game in 2 years. I'm pretty sure this wasn't going to be anywhere near a sell-out, unless we had played an Illinois or like opponent. Win a game, and then the attendance may have improved. Oh well, all bs guessing on my part, because these scumbags hosed the team.

hey smart a**, they beat Umass in 1998 down in Georgia. and i am not a grandpa, just a fan. I was there.

The Committee...

Rudy Davalos- New Mexico's Athletic Director...

Don DeVoe- ex bball coach....hack

Reggie Minton- Executive Director of the National Association of Basketball Coaches

C.M. Newton (Chair)- ex Alabama and Vanderbilt coach

John J. Powers- something to do with Manhattan College

Les Robinson- ex NC State coach and ex Citadel athletic director

Bob Weltlich- ex Texas and Mississippi coach

Carroll Williams- ex Santa Clara coach and Athletic Director

I'm sure their email addresses are readily available...

It doesn't look like there's much support there for St. Louis U.

Carroll Williams? He was two coaches and quite a while ago. Only 3 teams are in that NIT field from West of the Rockies, one was an automatic, and ASU was a given.

1998. You are the man. I am so pissed I didnt go to Mizzou like you.

Well long suffering Billiken fans, another slap in the face. As we all lament the injustice, I hope the team uses this as motivation for next year. Every work out, every pick up game , every practiced shot should be executed with the idea that they will never be slighted again. This group has more fortitude than many of the teams we have watched over the years. I fully expect this group to use this as motivation to shed itself from the losing culture that at times has been asociated with the program. I believe this group will come in next year and wreck havoc in the A10 after a stunning preconference record. The only way to overcome the small minds of NIT committee is to by pass them and go straight to the real tournament.

With all that said, I hope the progress in attendance witnessed in the latter part of the season continues. I hope students jump on the bandwagon early, I hope those closet college basketball fans come out and enjoy a great venue in the Chaif, I hope the buzz that was generated in the last few weeks continues to grow and gets Billiken fans and the city all jacked up. We need to fill the gym every game. I hope every team we play just hates to come to our house.

We might be down, but the program is headed in the right direction!!! Look out college basketball, the Bills will be back -with a vengeance.

Sh*t.

What got us was SOS > 100 and we only beat one NCAA tourney team, Richmond, and that was at home, I think we snuck up on them a little.

NW beat Purdue, ND, Minny; NC ST and even North Carolina beat a few good NCAA tourney teams.

And all of them had much superior SOS compared to us.

Dayton one is a *****, we beat them twice, but they beat Xavier and Georgia Tech, had a 55 RPI and a much better SOS than us.

Giving auto NIT berth to mini conferences winners is a joke, keeps some good teams out.

NIT likes big 6 power conferences... one of them usually wins the NIT.

I am sick to my stomach. My family is all sick. What a bummer!

For all the arguments, as I look at the list, I cannot for the life of me figure out why Ill State was picked ahead of us. I saw them play in the MVC tournament and they looked terrible. I just looked at their schedule and they beat no one--and in fact they really played no one. This whole process is a joke!

awesome!!!! I loved those leather helmets, before the invention of the facemask!

MIZ.........ZOU!!!!

I agree this guy is being a ****** but you guys are just letting him bait you. And your bitterness is evident in your "trash talk" about our perennially bowl bound football team and returning elite 8 basketball team. I know SLU got hosed, but that doesn't have anything to do with Mizzou and you guys are letting this guy make you think it does.

so they did win ONE ncaa tournament game last century. And you were there! Great! Hold onto that 12 year old memory (and counting).

you asked the question, i answered it. i really wanted to go to Missery, but i didn't think that i could make it in there. you have to be crude, insulting and a fair weather fan to go there. by the way, when are the powers to be at Missouri going to play our lowly Billikens? Never, because they got more than they wanted the last series that they played. How many years ago was that? 12? you are the numbers genius, was it 12? Mickey? SCARED!