6 wins in a row, but we're not there yet...

IAbilliken

Sure, we have won six straight games, which is great playing in a very good conference. However, those wins aren't too convincing upon further examination. We barely beat mediocre teams such as the Bonnies, SJU, and LaSalle. And our marquee wins of the streak are against URI and Dayton, however, both of those teams are on the downswing. We've been playing well, but let's not blow things too far out of proportion. The games against against Temple and Xavier will truly be a measuring stick for our program. As for right now, the jury's still out.

I understand that thought process, it like sure I won the lottery, but it was only for 25 million not 200 million.

Enjoy the wins, the team should be measured on how they are playing and I am sure you would agree they are a better team now than at the start of the season.

Dayton is a flawed team; they can't shoot, short of Chris Johnson; they don't make free throws; Gregory can recruit but he can't coach and Rob Lowery might have the dreds like Warren but he ain't no point. He didn't initiate against us and he certainly didn't do it today. Warren fouled out and Dayton has no point. Warren is on the floor and they employ the "Dwayne Polk offense" --- four-on-five. Duquesne defense, if you want to call it that, was atrocious all night. At one point, it was Duquesne 7; Chris Wright 11. Wright dunked to end the half for his 13th point --- either he gets lost or Gregory's offense is not designed to employ arguably the best player in the league. Dayton is mediocre on the road.

Dayton still has to go to Temple and Richmond. At a current 7 and 5, that doesn't bode well for the Fryer faithful. Good thing this league drops out of sight from #8 to #9 or they'd really have to worry.

As for not getting ahead of it --- this is the hottest team in the league right now my friends. EVERYBODY is talking about us. Enjoy it and take them one at a time. Today's win was a blowout by Billikens measures --- double digits and on the road against a who-cares opponent.

Sure, we have won six straight games, which is great playing in a very good conference. However, those wins aren't too convincing upon further examination. We barely beat mediocre teams such as the Bonnies, SJU, and LaSalle. And our marquee wins of the streak are against URI and Dayton, however, both of those teams are on the downswing. We've been playing well, but let's not blow things too far out of proportion. The games against against Temple and Xavier will truly be a measuring stick for our program. As for right now, the jury's still out.

The six game streak includes three road wins. Never discount road conference wins.

I never expected us to win four road games this year. This team has come together much faster than I thought it would.

Maybe the most significant aspect of this win is that Kyle stepped up

and repeatedly took the shots, and made them. Also, 80% from the stripe is long overdue but a welcome development. Go Bills!

After the bowling green game, I didnt think we would win one.

Shows how much of a difference Cody Ellis has made to this team. SLU also could well have two other road games — at Charlotte and George Washington (should have won that one) — and has a chance with good preparation to win its next one, at Dayton.

With Cody Ellis here the entire season the Billikens would probably be sitting at 21-5 and in the same seat as Richmond, Xavier, and Temple (or at least as hopeful as Rhode Island). We can only hope the NCAA Tournament selection committee weighs that factor three weeks from now, should the Bills not win the A-10 Tournament.

What IAbilliken said is true. With all the talk about getting an invite to the NCAA tournament when the season has a ways to go. All he is saying is don't get hopes too high until we have beaten Xavier and/or Temple and won a game or two in the A10 tournament. We should all be excited to a point, but it may be wise to temper that excitement until after Wednesday night's game. Some of the teams we have beaten recently are below average teams, as IAbilliken pointed out.

The jury's not out. This is the most fun its been being a Billiken fan in 10 years. We've won 6 in a row and have the biggest game of the year at home on Wed. Let's enjoy it and make the place rock.

Tell THE DUDE to wear a raincoat...our beer is going to be flying everywhere

Tell THE DUDE to wear a raincoat...our beer is going to be flying everywhere

hahahaha, hell yeah it is. i told mike i was going to bring XL burger king soda lids for mines so i could flip out w/out dousing everyone. i'll still be able to explode them on the floor if i feel like it, though.

hahahaha, hell yeah it is. i told mike i was going to bring XL burger king soda lids for mines so i could flip out w/out dousing everyone. i'll still be able to explode them on the floor if i feel like it, though.

Haha...no doubt...not sure if he told you but we are kicking it old school before the game...Laclede's early HH around 3:30, Annex, and maybe Humps afterwards. I'll pick you up if you need a ride.

Haha...no doubt...not sure if he told you but we are kicking it old school before the game...Laclede's early HH around 3:30, Annex, and maybe Humps afterwards. I'll pick you up if you need a ride.

missed the laclede's part. yeah, i'm in. i'll just be half-ass working at his house all day. bloodbath.

Maybe the most significant aspect of this win is that Kyle stepped up

and repeatedly took the shots, and made them. Also, 80% from the stripe is long overdue but a welcome development. Go Bills!

Totally agree. Cassidy finally seems to have the confidence we have been waiting for. He has been getting to the rim like crazy the last couple of games.

Totally agree. Cassidy finally seems to have the confidence we have been waiting for. He has been getting to the rim like crazy the last couple of games.

I haven't been a really big fan of his since he got here, but the kid has really been impressive lately. He's changing my opinion each game he plays. It's been fun to see him start to make some smart plays and make a real impact on the game. I hope he keeps it up through the rest of the year. We need everyone on the team firing at all cylinders if we're gonna make this tournament thing happen! Keep it up KC!

Where did this temper the excitement talk come from? I don't care who we've beaten... we won them. That's all that matters at this point. Prior to the season, a lot of us, including me, were wondering if we'd make the A-10 tourney. Now we're 9-3 and would be 10-1 IF we'd hit a couple of FT's. What should our reaction be to such a surprising turnabout? Silent prayers of thanks to the great god Billiken? IAbilliken is right about one thing; the litmus test is the next 4 games. X and Temple won't be easy and suddenly DU is playing well w/ wins over Charlotte and UD. But that's no reason to temper our excitement. Rather, it's a reason to crank up the volume. We can make it real nasty for X (Jimbo will help here), Temple, and DU when they arrive in ST. Louis. One game at a time. And at each game you locals ratchet up the excitement and get us some more Ws.