6 wins in a row, but we're not there yet...

IAbilliken

Where did this temper the excitement talk come from? I don't care who we've beaten... we won them. That's all that matters at this point. Prior to the season, a lot of us, including me, were wondering if we'd make the A-10 tourney. Now we're 9-3 and would be 10-1 IF we'd hit a couple of FT's. What should our reaction be to such a surprising turnabout? Silent prayers of thanks to the great god Billiken? IAbilliken is right about one thing; the litmus test is the next 4 games. X and Temple won't be easy and suddenly DU is playing well w/ wins over Charlotte and UD. But that's no reason to temper our excitement. Rather, it's a reason to crank up the volume. We can make it real nasty for X (Jimbo will help here), Temple, and DU when they arrive in ST. Louis. One game at a time. And at each game you locals ratchet up the excitement and get us some more Ws.

Agreed 72. Dayton beat Charlotte and Xavier by a combined 53 points before we played them, and URI bounced back and scored 101 in the game after we played them (admittedly vs. Fordham). The only downswing those teams are on was caused by the Billikens.

Can't wait for the Whiteout Wednesday, I would love to win one from the Muskies for a change!

Agreed 72. Dayton beat Charlotte and Xavier by a combined 53 points before we played them, and URI bounced back and scored 101 in the game after we played them (admittedly vs. Fordham). The only downswing those teams are on was caused by the Billikens.

Can't wait for the Whiteout Wednesday, I would love to win one from the Muskies for a change!

I think we're actually even or only one game down in the Xavier series since joining the conference. Didn't we win 3 out of the first 4 meetings? I'm glad we've got them at home, though, as Xavier has won 30 straight home conference games.