1st half

FOUL by Salecich, Christian (P1T3) 14:18

FOUL TECHNCL by Salecich, Christian 06:09

FOUL by Salecich, Christian (P2T8) 03:57

FOUL by Salecich, Christian (P3T9) 03:28

FOUL by Salecich, Christian (P4T10) 02:06

FOUL by Salecich, Christian (P5T11) 01:27

From Tom T's article:

Though no one knew it at the time, the game veered off track with 6:09 to go in the second half when Hall and Christian Salecich were given double technicals for an altercation under the basket. The technicals were recorded as personal fouls, but in that case they shouldn't have been. With 3:30 to go, Hall, St. Bonaventure's second-leading scorer, picked up what was thought to be his fifth foul and went to the bench.

With 2:06 to go, Salecich got what appeared to be his fifth foul and was headed to the bench, when it was determined he actually had four. But if Salecich had four, it meant that Hall had four. Schmidt tried to get the referees to sort out the problem, but Malcolm Eleby missed a free throw for the Bonnies and play resumed. It wasn't until the next stoppage, with 1:25 to go, that the refs figured out what was wrong and allowed Hall back in the game.

I don't know about the scorer but Lorinzini's is definitely improved over the prior operation. Gave it a try because of the new vendor after several disappointing visits. There was no buffet. They had two stations--one a pasta bar and the other a prime rib bar. Each was about $11.00 for one trip. We ordered from the limited menu. The food was very good but the service was lacking. We just barely made it to our seats before tip off and they twice brought our order but it was not ours. If the food is good you can accept some deficiencies in other respects. I am sure it is hard to run a restaurant that is open only so many days out of a month with staffing and training etc.

From Tom T's article:

Though no one knew it at the time, the game veered off track with 6:09 to go in the second half when Hall and Christian Salecich were given double technicals for an altercation under the basket. The technicals were recorded as personal fouls, but in that case they shouldn't have been. With 3:30 to go, Hall, St. Bonaventure's second-leading scorer, picked up what was thought to be his fifth foul and went to the bench.

With 2:06 to go, Salecich got what appeared to be his fifth foul and was headed to the bench, when it was determined he actually had four. But if Salecich had four, it meant that Hall had four. Schmidt tried to get the referees to sort out the problem, but Malcolm Eleby missed a free throw for the Bonnies and play resumed. It wasn't until the next stoppage, with 1:25 to go, that the refs figured out what was wrong and allowed Hall back in the game.

I think Timmerman's blog is even more enlightening:

"The double technicals would appear to be issued under Section 5, Article 1, part d (Intentionally contacting an opponent in an excessive but non-flagrant manner while the ball is dead) and it says the penalty for that is:

No free throws shall be awarded for a double or offsetting technical foul. Counts toward the team-foul total. Applies toward disqualification and ejection"

Assuming this is the case, both of them should have fouled out when they originally appeared to foul out. Given that CS didn't really have an impact when he game back in the game while the SB guy clearly did with 5 points, I'd say the advantage went to St. Bon for getting their guy back in the game when they shouldn't have.

Still, why the refs wouldn't stop play when it was obvious there was a problem, SLU was not on a fast break and the coach was screaming in their ears is beyond me. If something is wrong you should stop play and figure it out.

That was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a long time. I'm starting to believe the consipracy theorists on this board that think the A-10 refs are giving us the shaft either because they hate traveling all the way to St. Louis or because of RM's comments.

So is this just an "oops sorry" on the SLU hired staff that worked the game last night? We all know stuff happens but, he was our best player at the time and had to sit out for over two minutes of the most important time of the game.

SLU might have won the game but it was not an honest win - one with a lot of question marks.

GO BROWN INDIANS

So is this just an "oops sorry" on the SLU hired staff that worked the game last night? We all know stuff happens but, he was our best player at the time and had to sit out for over two minutes of the most important time of the game.

SLU might have won the game but it was not an honest win - one with a lot of question marks.

GO BROWN INDIANS

Thanks for posting, Metz.

GO BROWN INDIANS

Hey genius....if Timmerman's rule book interpretation is right your guy really DID foul out and should never have been allowed back in the game to score those 5 points.

Unless the officials specifically instructed our scorers' table NOT to count the technicals toward disqualification, the blame lies solely with us:

Section 9. Duties of Scorers

The scorers shall:

Art. 1. Record the names and uniform numbers of squad members who may

participate, starting five players, and the names of all substitutes who enter

the game. It is recommended that squad members’ names be recorded in the

scorebook in numerical order.

Art. 2. Record the field goals made and the free throws made and missed,

and keep a running summary of the points scored.

Art. 3. Record the personal and technical fouls called on each player and

the technical fouls called on a coach, squad member, bench personnel or

follower.

44 Rule 2 / Officials and Their Duties

Art. 4. Notify an official immediately when a player has committed his or

her fifth foul.

GO BROWN INDIANS

except for the fact that he really had fouled out. The tech is a personal foul, so you got to keep the better player in the game. SLU's oops actually benefited you.

Unless the officials specifically instructed our scorers' table NOT to count the technicals toward disqualification, the blame lies solely with us:

Section 9. Duties of Scorers

The scorers shall:

Art. 1. Record the names and uniform numbers of squad members who may

participate, starting five players, and the names of all substitutes who enter

the game. It is recommended that squad members’ names be recorded in the

scorebook in numerical order.

Art. 2. Record the field goals made and the free throws made and missed,

and keep a running summary of the points scored.

Art. 3. Record the personal and technical fouls called on each player and

the technical fouls called on a coach, squad member, bench personnel or

follower.

44 Rule 2 / Officials and Their Duties

Art. 4. Notify an official immediately when a player has committed his or

her fifth foul.

the blame absolutely lies with us, but we didn't end up with the greater benefit.

I agree -- I was just pointing out what I've been saying all year (and last year): Our unprofessional, inaccurate scorer's table is going to cost us a game some day.

I agree. Ramsey even mentioned that CS wasn't even in the game, though he was on the floor getting a rebound.

and the year before.

For what its worth, we never would have won the NIT game against Iowa if it weren't for them screwing the clock up and giving us time to set up a play to gret drejaj the ball.

Our scorers table does suck but it seems that all scoring tables suck. there have been more "stopped clocks" and the like that I've seen on t.v. then ever before. Ask xavier fans if you don't believe me.

For what its worth, we never would have won the NIT game against Iowa if it weren't for them screwing the clock up and giving us time to set up a play to gret drejaj the ball.

Our scorers table does suck but it seems that all scoring tables suck. there have been more "stopped clocks" and the like that I've seen on t.v. then ever before. Ask xavier fans if you don't believe me.

"The Miracle in St. Charles." What a great game that was. Adam Haluska (sic) was crying his eyes out all the way up the Avenue of the SAINTS!