Do we hire the scorer?

GOSLU68

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't take long for that characteristic racism to come out this time, Metz.

could be someone who went to Brown University and is of Indian-American or American-Indian descent.

I had a roommate who was a first gen. Indian-American and he introduced me to this comedian Russell Peters as a "brown man." I though he was an Ivy League comedian! You should have seen the look on my face when he said, "no, he's brown like me!" Oh man. The guy is hilarious. I would recommend him to all fans of stand-up comedy.

could be someone who went to Brown University and is of Indian-American or American-Indian descent.

I had a roommate who was a first gen. Indian-American and he introduced me to this comedian Russell Peters as a "brown man." I though he was an Ivy League comedian! You should have seen the look on my face when he said, "no, he's brown like me!" Oh man. The guy is hilarious. I would recommend him to all fans of stand-up comedy.

You need psychiatric help.

For what its worth, we never would have won the NIT game against Iowa if it weren't for them screwing the clock up and giving us time to set up a play to gret drejaj the ball.

Our scorers table does suck but it seems that all scoring tables suck. there have been more "stopped clocks" and the like that I've seen on t.v. then ever before. Ask xavier fans if you don't believe me.

I've noticed the same thing -- at least 3-4 games this year (and I don't watch more than a game a week besides ours) where shot clocks have turned off or game clocks have flat-out stopped. "Advanced" technology can be a *****. Ask Toyota.

And, as noted, we may have actually benefitted from the false 3-point shot at the end.

But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. I'd rather have high standards and specific rules than just having officials in the background and playing under the assumption that both teams have to play with the same crappy officiating.

That's a great story. Only problem is Haluska did not play in that game. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=240760139

I had forgotten about this as well:

"Two technical fouls helped the Hawkeyes. The first one was called on Saint Louis coach Brad Soderberg. Horner hit two free throws and Worley made a 3-pointer on the ensuing possession.

Later, the Billikens got a technical for having too many players on the court. Horner connected on both free throws.

Thats a huge 7 point swing in a close game. How do you have too many players on the court? Couldn't count to 5?

I've noticed the same thing -- at least 3-4 games this year (and I don't watch more than a game a week besides ours) where shot clocks have turned off or game clocks have flat-out stopped. "Advanced" technology can be a *****. Ask Toyota.

And, as noted, we may have actually benefitted from the false 3-point shot at the end.

But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. I'd rather have high standards and specific rules than just having officials in the background and playing under the assumption that both teams have to play with the same crappy officiating.

I know that the score board at the Arena has shown numerous errors that get corrected during the game - at one point it showed us with 10 fouls and them with 7 and it was later corrected to show us with 9 and them 8. We never have the correct players on the board that actually in the game - that is bonus if that happens. I know some might think that is small issue but for us at the games, we rely on that board as our only source of information during the game. If RM really did apologize to the STB coach then good for him. Things were so messed up last night that something like this was going to happen. One thing the STB coach could have done was called a time out if he really wanted to get his player in the game without waiting for the refs to have a stoppage of play. Once the refs would have heard why he called the time out then he probably would not have been charged with it. He could have gotten a technical also when he pounded on the scorer's table during the debacle. It was just a mess last night and it needs to be fixed.

I know that the score board at the Arena has shown numerous errors that get corrected during the game - at one point it showed us with 10 fouls and them with 7 and it was later corrected to show us with 9 and them 8. We never have the correct players on the board that actually in the game - that is bonus if that happens. I know some might think that is small issue but for us at the games, we rely on that board as our only source of information during the game. If RM really did apologize to the STB coach then good for him. Things were so messed up last night that something like this was going to happen. One thing the STB coach could have done was called a time out if he really wanted to get his player in the game without waiting for the refs to have a stoppage of play. Once the refs would have heard why he called the time out then he probably would not have been charged with it. He could have gotten a technical also when he pounded on the scorer's table during the debacle. It was just a mess last night and it needs to be fixed.

The funny thing is ... he was wrong, his player shouldn't have gone back in.

He should have kicked the scorer.

Didn't he get called for a technical for banging his fist on the table last year? We're lucky he didn't get hit with one last night.

Majerus stayed in his assigned area but there was a litany of words coming from him aimed at the scorer. If this is the same guy we have had since the original Keil arena- Grawer days then maybe it has grown to be a two person

job with all of the electronics and that way if the guy is sick with the flu or needs a night off we have an understudy

He should have kicked the scorer.

Didn't he get called for a technical for banging his fist on the table last year? We're lucky he didn't get hit with one last night.

why? the kid had fouled out. They made a mistake and let CS remain in for about 45 seconds or until he committed his next foul, but that doesn't erase a foul from another player. That mentality says that if an official realizes they missed a call, they should later give the other team a bad call to make up for it.

why? the kid had fouled out. They made a mistake and let CS remain in for about 45 seconds or until he committed his next foul, but that doesn't erase a foul from another player. That mentality says that if an official realizes they missed a call, they should later give the other team a bad call to make up for it.

My deepest concern with the scorer is that RM will see it as another place Biondi has saved money and the program is tarnished not being of high enough standards. Cowboy thinks I took a shot at Majerus but I really

want him to stay and be happy. Guy Phillips always says and assisted by Porter Moser, etc, etc. Does anyone

know if PM is still associate head coach?

Dom Colacci (older double Billikens will know the reference) used to have some sort of job at the scorer's table, until a year or two before he died. And Carl-the-old-UPI-guy used to sit at the table a lot as well.

But in reference to professional official scorers: I know one who would be very interested in the job.

Guy Phillips always says, "and assisted by Porter Moser," etc, etc. Does anyone know if PM is still associate head coach?

You can't have two head coaches. There's a head coach, and everyone else is an assistant coach. Associate head coach is a hierarchical title, but Phillips is not technically incorrect to say that Majerus is assisted by Moser.

You can't have two head coaches. There's a head coach, and everyone else is an assistant coach. Associate head coach is a hierarchical title, but Phillips is not technically incorrect to say that Majerus is assisted by Moser.

In this particular instance I was not picking on Guy Phillips who I have grown accustomed to for good and bad. When hired PM was

made a big deal of as a former HC at Illinois State and the term associate head coach was bandied about. I realize that Guy does

not owe us a correction and is right when he says assisted by PM, etc, etc.

What I wanted to know is if there really is a status on the staff that makes PM a little closer to the level of RM or if he is second in command or they all report directly to HCRM

So # 44 elbows Conklin TWICE, second one right in the face as Conklin fell away from the first.

And we are worried about our scorer's snafu.

After the treatment we get from the visiting eastern refs last nite, who cares?

Home game, leading all the way, it was a rugby game out there, and we get same # of free throws as St. Bonnie.

Versus most every trip to the east, home team gets 2 times, 3 times the free throws we get...that is, if the home team NEEDS it to win.

Fine with me if A-10 is not pleased with our scorer.

In this particular instance I was not picking on Guy Phillips who I have grown accustomed to for good and bad. When hired PM was

made a big deal of as a former HC at Illinois State and the term associate head coach was bandied about. I realize that Guy does

not owe us a correction and is right when he says assisted by PM, etc, etc.

What I wanted to know is if there really is a status on the staff that makes PM a little closer to the level of RM or if he is second in command or they all report directly to HCRM

As recently as December I heard RM say "Porter is really a co-coach.". He really seems to make a distinction between what Porter is an a regular assistant coach.

Dom Colacci (older double Billikens will know the reference) used to have some sort of job at the scorer's table, until a year or two before he died. And Carl-the-old-UPI-guy used to sit at the table a lot as well.

Dom Colacci fell asleep while proctoring my history final sophomore year.

So # 44 elbows Conklin TWICE, second one right in the face as Conklin fell away from the first.

And we are worried about our scorer's snafu.

After the treatment we get from the visiting eastern refs last nite, who cares?

Home game, leading all the way, it was a rugby game out there, and we get same # of free throws as St. Bonnie.

Versus most every trip to the east, home team gets 2 times, 3 times the free throws we get...that is, if the home team NEEDS it to win.

Fine with me if A-10 is not pleased with our scorer.

+1