Ken Pomeroy on the Billikens

Box and Won

I was immediately struck by the 23 TO, 0-10 from three, and 0-3 from the line stats on Saturday. But I didn't put it together until seeing this that we only scored 2-pointers and how rare that is. I got caught up on how few possessions we created for ourselves by turning it over that much and not going to the line. Holy smokes.

Has anyone found yet if this has ever happened before? Even if there have been plenty of goose eggs from the 3-point line since its inception, a goose egg from the FT line in the same game is a crazy stat.

-although i do disagree with his line of majerus was the architect of the 20 point game at GW

He was coaching the team. It isn't a great mark to have but he is responsible for it.

Pomeroy is insinuating that offense is an afterthought for Majerus. If it wasn't would he experience all these anomalies in his career? Having games like these is the price you pay for having a top ranked defense without top ranked personnel.

Believe it has more to do with SLU than RM. Remember Brad/SLU's other really odd streak of winning every other game all season long. Baffling.

:lol:

That seems more unlikely than missing all your 3's and FT's -- also very odd.

I remember making a W L W L graphic for that one. It was on the front page for a few weeks.

Will we ever hire a coach in the future who stresses OFFENSE? The better players are attracted to the wide open, fast breaking, pressing game. The few all all America players St.Louis produces just might want to stay here and play the more uptempo game. Maybe. BS stressed defense to the detriment of offense.

He was coaching the team. It isn't a great mark to have but he is responsible for it.

Pomeroy is insinuating that offense is an afterthought for Majerus. If it wasn't would he experience all these anomalies in his career? Having games like these is the price you pay for having a top ranked defense without top ranked personnel.

Agreed, Pomeroy was pretty critical to my way of thinking that RM system doesn't offer much in terms of an offense. The Richmond game was depressing to watch as it was so reminiscent of UB's offense. I thought we'd left that stuff behind us now that he has his own guys.