Article about Bills on FOXSportsMidwest.com

Thanks for posting.

Don't know how I missed it, but Reed is averaging a double-double. Wow.

what I didn't realize is that we are off to our second best start this decade. I'm slightly disappointed with 9-4, but I guess that's pretty good for the Bills. If we can SOMEHOW start hitting shots, we will be a force in league play.

Pretty good observations about the 09-10 team to date...hopefully Ellis makes an impact this year!

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/pages/land...amp;feedID=3713

I dont think the writer actually follows billiken basketball but rather ran through the stats and news headings. For one, hardly any attention is given to Willie Reed. Even more alarming, he refers to KC as a "calming presence" on the floor....

I dont think the writer actually follows billiken basketball but rather ran through the stats and news headings. For one, hardly any attention is given to Willie Reed. Even more alarming, he refers to KC as a "calming presence" on the floor....

sounds like someone who watches the whole game, not just the bricks.

I don't think that is really an unreasonable characterization for KC's play on the floor. He does everything right, except shoot and put the ball in the hoop. When he get the ball I don't hold my breath as I have done for some of our guards in the past.

mhg

when justin jordan had his "went to mars" stretch the other night where he had two really bad three point attempts that missed badly and had three turnovers on passes that made you say, "wtf", and eastern had closed the gap, i doubt i was the only one in the arena that was glad to see cassity come back in the game and replace him so he could get his bearings straight again.

imo, cassity is the second best guard we got. that might not be a good thing, but salecich, john and jordan are far more inconsistent and negatively dangerous than cassity. that said, i see salecich, john and jordan all with more potential down the road than cassity. until cassity steps up and gets a little of that jordan swagger, he will be a role player at best. tough decision on how to spend those minutes if i was rickma.

when justin johnson had his "went to mars" stretch the other night where he had two really bad three point attempts that missed badly and had three turnovers on passes that made you say, "wtf", and eastern had closed the gap, i doubt i was the only one in the arena that was glad to see cassity come back in the game and replace him so he could get his bearings straight again.

imo, cassity is the second best guard we got. that might not be a good thing, but salecich, john and jordan are far more inconsistent and negatively dangerous than cassity. that said, i see salecich, john and jordan all with more potential down the road than cassity. until cassity steps up and gets a little of that jordan swagger, he will be a role player at best. tough decision on how to spend those minutes if i was rickma.

Hey Roy I didn'y know Justin Johnson still played for us. He must be on the 8 year plan,

when justin johnson had his "went to mars" stretch the other night where he had two really bad three point attempts that missed badly and had three turnovers on passes that made you say, "wtf", and eastern had closed the gap, i doubt i was the only one in the arena that was glad to see cassity come back in the game and replace him so he could get his bearings straight again.

roy, while KC may not be " negatively dangerous" he is also not positively dangerous which is where his problem lies. Id rather have CS out there just because you know he is going to do something, good or bad.

Are you serious? Christian has been playing some bad basketball (sans his awesome dive play vs Eastern) lately.

yes, but until Kyle wants to shoot the ball I'd rather have CS there. We just need someone to step up and start making shots and I have little confidence that Kyle will do that.

when justin jordan had his "went to mars" stretch the other night where he had two really bad three point attempts that missed badly and had three turnovers on passes that made you say, "wtf", and eastern had closed the gap, i doubt i was the only one in the arena that was glad to see cassity come back in the game and replace him so he could get his bearings straight again.

I'm not a big fan of the +/- stat, but according to Timmerman JJ had the best +/- against EIU. I was not at the game, but if he had such a rough stretch where EIU closed the gap as you said it seems that his +/- would be lower than Cassity's, but his +22 is far superior to Cassity's +7 and they played almost identical minutes (22 to 21).

Also after the game Rick only mentioned Femi taking a bad shot. He didn't say anything about JJ taking bad shots.

roy, while KC may not be " negatively dangerous" he is also not positively dangerous which is where his problem lies. Id rather have CS out there just because you know he is going to do something, good or bad.

taking shots isnt good if you arent making shots as well. now if they are all 3's you only need to be making about 33% to make everyone satisfied and more than that is just gravy. but right now salecich overall shooting % is down to 31%, (only jeff reid and darren young are worse) and his 3 point percentage is also worse than kyle's.

considering salecich does not guard particularly well and he is very uncomfortable it seems bringing the ball down the floor salecich needs to be a shot maker more than cassity.

yes, but until Kyle wants to shoot the ball I'd rather have CS there. We just need someone to step up and start making shots and I have little confidence that Kyle will do that.

I'm not sure what CS has done for anyone to say he has more upside offensively than KC. Isn't he something like 1-18 on his last 18 3's? I have been mildly disappointed with CS based on his shot-making ability in the preseason. He's a freshman with a lot of potential, so i'm definitely not trying to bash the kid, just thought we'd get a bit more out of him on the offensive end.

taking shots isnt good if you arent making shots as well. now if they are all 3's you only need to be making about 33% to make everyone satisfied and more than that is just gravy. but right now salecich overall shooting % is down to 31%, (only jeff reid and darren young are worse) and his 3 point percentage is also worse than kyle's.

considering salecich does not guard particularly well and he is very uncomfortable it seems bringing the ball down the floor salecich needs to be a shot maker more than cassity.

All I know is that in the MSU game, Kyle was intimidated by their pressure and that was a big reason that our offense started so slow. JJ and CS attacked the bears' defense.

I know Christian and JJ make mistakes, but at least they are trying to get something going on offense, and thats why Im more comfortable with them on the floor than Kyle.

Also note that I am not one of those kyle-bashers who wants him to transfer. I think Kyle is going to be a good player under Rick and I just want him to get more aggresive.

I'm not sure what CS has done for anyone to say he has more upside offensively than KC. Isn't he something like 1-18 on his last 18 3's? I have been mildly disappointed with CS based on his shot-making ability in the preseason. He's a freshman with a lot of potential, so i'm definitely not trying to bash the kid, just thought we'd get a bit more out of him on the offensive end.

and youre right, he hasnt been making shots. That said, he is still aggressive and he shows a nice stroke (my opinion) and a shooters mindset. But he needs to start making those shots soon or he will find himself on the bench.

Correction, I thought we'd get a bit more consistent shot-making ability out of him.

and youre right, he hasnt been making shots. That said, he is still aggressive and he shows a nice stroke (my opinion) and a shooters mindset. But he needs to start making those shots soon or he will find himself on the bench.

I don't understand the mindset of.."well at least he is trying." His shot is U.G.L.Y right now. Totally flat, no elevation and he has had some very poor shot selection. He needs to work the kinks out in practice and stop chucking up hail mary's during games. It's too early to tell who the "real" Christian is (preseason version or regular season version) but until he gets his shot corrected I won't be encouraging him to continue to shoot excessively.

On the other hand, KC needs to grow a pair. Shoot the damn ball. It's hard to get in a rhythm when you are only willing to take 3 shots a game.

I don't understand the mindset of.."well at least he is trying." His shot is U.G.L.Y right now. Totally flat, no elevation and he has had some very poor shot selection. He needs to work the kinks out in practice and stop chucking up hail mary's during games. It's too early to tell who the "real" Christian is (preseason version or regular season version) but until he gets his shot corrected I won't be encouraging him to continue to shoot excessively.

On the other hand, KC needs to grow a pair. Shoot the damn ball. It's hard to get in a rhythm when you are only willing to take 3 shots a game.

Yeah, I know Christian is a little wild and crazy, but I still have a lot of confidence in the kid. He is a freshman trying to do too much sometimes, but I don't think that is a bad thing. He obviously wants the ball and wants to shoot...and from what I see, I think he has the talent to back it up. With time, he will become a smarter player, take better shots and should have a better percentage because of it. The thing that I like is that he aggressive, which if you have the tools and potential to be good, is a definite plus.

In regards to Cassity, I don't think it is just shooting the 3. I see times when he has a lane to drive and he takes one step and backs out. Just drive to the hoop and draw the foul..it's as simple as that. Can't teach aggressiveness though.

Davola

Yeah, I know Christian is a little wild and crazy, but I still have a lot of confidence in the kid. He is a freshman trying to do too much sometimes, but I don't think that is a bad thing. He obviously wants the ball and wants to shoot...and from what I see, I think he has the talent to back it up. With time, he will become a smarter player, take better shots and should have a better percentage because of it. The thing that I like is that he aggressive, which if you have the tools and potential to be good, is a definite plus.

In regards to Cassity, I don't think it is just shooting the 3. I see times when he has a lane to drive and he takes one step and backs out. Just drive to the hoop and draw the foul..it's as simple as that. Can't teach aggressiveness though.

Davola

the 3 was in reference to how many shots per game he takes, but I do agree with your assessment that he needs to get to the basket more.

the 3 was in reference to how many shots per game he takes, but I do agree with your assessment that he needs to get to the basket more.

I need to work on my reading skills MM...my bad.

I need to work on my reading skills MM...my bad.

the point is that Cassity is never going to be a great player. He is a player that does add calm to our sometimes hurried offense. Granted he doesn't score a lot, throws up bricks occasionally, but rm does like his presence on the floor, no doubt about it.

the point is that Cassity is never going to be a great player.

How do you know this? He has the size, athleticism, and skill to be a great player. He is only a third of the way through his college basketball career. There is no reason he can't improve his shot and confidence and become a great player by the time he is a senior.

How do you know this? He has the size, athleticism, and skill to be a great player. He is only a third of the way through his college basketball career. There is no reason he can't improve his shot and confidence and become a great player by the time he is a senior.

I agree with the general senitment, but at best KC has average athleticism and maybe noot even that.