Article about Bills on FOXSportsMidwest.com

at best KC has average athleticism and maybe noot even that.

Why? Because his hair looks like shaggy and he is pasty white? Cassity is a good leaper and may have the second best first step on the team. He also has great hands. If you don't believe me about his athleticism, ask one of the coaches at a Billiken Club meeting or during a call-in show. I have personally heard both Majerus and Porter state that Cassity is very athletic. In fact, they thought he was an above-average athlete when they recruited him and were even more impressed by this athleticism after practices started last year.

Cassity has his struggles right now, but they are almost entirely due to lack of aggressiveness and confidence.

Why? Because his hair looks like shaggy and he is pasty white? Cassity is a good leaper and may have the second best first step on the team. He also has great hands. If you don't believe me about his athleticism, ask one of the coaches at a Billiken Club meeting or during a call-in show. I have personally heard both Majerus and Porter state that Cassity is very athletic. In fact, they thought he was an above-average athlete when they recruited him and were even more impressed by this athleticism after practices started last year.

Cassity has his struggles right now, but they are almost entirely due to lack of aggressiveness and confidence.

I didnt call him drew diener. If I had to rank our top five most athletic players I would say: KM, JJ, WR, JS, PE (assuming healthy). I didnt call kyle unathletic (he was a heck of a baseball player in high school) but he is not above average for a D1 bball player.

I still think he could be a very good player on a very good team in a couple of years.

I didnt call him drew diener. If I had to rank our top five most athletic players I would say: KM, JJ, WR, JS, PE (assuming healthy). I didnt call kyle unathletic (he was a heck of a baseball player in high school) but he is not above average for a D1 bball player.

I still think he could be a very good player on a very good team in a couple of years.

You didn't seriously put Paul Eckerle in your top five most athletic players list did you? I bet you also think hockey players are more "athletic" than basketball players.

You didn't seriously put Paul Eckerle in your top five most athletic players list did you? I bet you also think hockey players are more "athletic" than basketball players.

Paul is suprisingly athletic, I guarentee he has bigger ups than Kyle

Well, I hope you are right because I'm sure not seeing it. I'll give you his leaping ability, he does have hops for a white boy with shaggy hair. But other than that, I haven't seen him do anything on the court that makes me think, damn what an athlete...

In a previous post I mentioned that you can't teach aggressiveness, but I will retract on that...I think if Cassity can gain confidence with his shot, that will in turn feed his aggressiveness. Hope he starts knocking down some shots because he could be a good asset for this team if he wants to be. I think he has a very high basketball IQ and plays solid D.

I don't care if you believe me or not but Paul probably has among the highest verticals on the team. Of course that was before the knee surgery.

Kwamain in the Membrane has a 40-incher, suh-pose-zid-lee. Was Paul's even higher zen zis?

Well, I hope you are right because I'm sure not seeing it. I'll give you his leaping ability, he does have hops for a white boy with shaggy hair. But other than that, I haven't seen him do anything on the court that makes me think, damn what an athlete...

what specifically would you need to see?

I'm not a big fan of the +/- stat, but according to Timmerman JJ had the best +/- against EIU. I was not at the game, but if he had such a rough stretch where EIU closed the gap as you said it seems that his +/- would be lower than Cassity's, but his +22 is far superior to Cassity's +7 and they played almost identical minutes (22 to 21).

Also after the game Rick only mentioned Femi taking a bad shot. He didn't say anything about JJ taking bad shots.

That is an interesting stat - I wonder if KC finds himself in the game more when KM is out resting and has to carry the load more alone on the floor. I am not sure I would have thought what the stat says from what I have seen lately - clearly, KC is the guy off the bench when JJ or FJ or CS are beaten badly by their man or are throwing the ball all over the place.

"imo, cassity is the second best guard we got" Roy, I would agree with you, right now he is the second best guard. He plays good defense, hustled around to shut down #10, denying him the ball after he hit those two threes..... He does not make nearly as many mistakes as JJ or CS, but also does not provide the consistent 3 point threat that we think JJ or CS could. I love CS he has his head and heart in the game as evidenced by his dive keep a ball from going out of bounds. JJ is a great freshman too, but I am more confident our offense will run smoothly with kyle in the game. Especially when Kwamain is getting a rest.

PE and athletic are not two words most would use together. PE is not very athletic but he does play an intelligent game when he is not hurt for short spurts.

taking shots isnt good if you arent making shots as well. now if they are all 3's you only need to be making about 33% to make everyone satisfied and more than that is just gravy. but right now salecich overall shooting % is down to 31%, (only jeff reid and darren young are worse) and his 3 point percentage is also worse than kyle's.

considering salecich does not guard particularly well and he is very uncomfortable it seems bringing the ball down the floor salecich needs to be a shot maker more than cassity.

-according to the stats at slubillikens.com, here's the link http://www.slubillikens.com/sports/m-baskb...0/teamcume.html, darrin young has not attempted a shot so should not be part of this as he has no stats other than 3 minutes played

-and you will notice jeff reid has attempted 4 shots, not really a large sample size, but he has only made 1 - and he is 0 for 1 on 3's, and 23 minutes played so a small sample size to be part of this analysis

-you are talking about 3 pointers but then you quote overall fg%, not 3point %, but overall fg's are KC 22-59 for .373 and CS 29-92 for .315

-kyle does have a better 3pt% than christian at this point, no doubt about it, but the difference between them is 1 made 3ptr, statistically correct but hardly enough to make a determination that either is a better 'maker'

-minutes played is close CS has 341 for a 28.4 avg and KC has 328 for a 27.3 avg

-oh, and their 3pt'ers are CS 15-58 for .259 and KC 11-41 for .268

-one thing you may want to consider also is ft's -KC is 7 for 11 and CS is 27 for 30, CS is getting to the line to this point much more than KC so he is doing something

-to's KC has 24 and CS has 28, assists KC has 27 and CS has 20

-KC is a soph and CS is a frosh

-not sure i can make a determination as to who the better player is today or who may turn out to be better, they both have +'s and some -'s