Bills by 1 over Ga.

The Wiz

Ga is probably the worst team in the SEC. But they are not MVSU. They are much better. Plus Athens is a tough place to play. If the Bills are to win.... there can be no 6% 3pt shooting. They need to at least get into the 30 %+ area. And with a 1 point difference it goes without saying...make foul shots.

Go Bills

Ga is probably the worst team in the SEC. But they are not MVSU. They are much better. Plus Athens is a tough place to play. If the Bills are to win.... there can be no 6% 3pt shooting. They need to at least get into the 30 %+ area. And with a 1 point difference it goes without saying...make foul shots.

Go Bills

Does your formula account for just results, or does it consider things like shooting percentages?

Go Bills

What is the line in Vegas?

UGA is probably a little bit better than Nebraska, but they are pretty bad this year. Loss to Woffort on home floor. It's not much of a homecourt either. Most of their games will be pretty empty. Probably Florida and Kentucky will be their only capacity crowds. Maybe now with football done there will be some more people going, but I doubt it. They're in a rebuilding year with a brand new coach.

UGA is probably a little bit better than Nebraska, but they are pretty bad this year. Loss to Woffort on home floor. It's not much of a homecourt either. Most of their games will be pretty empty. Probably Florida and Kentucky will be their only capacity crowds. Maybe now with football done there will be some more people going, but I doubt it. They're in a rebuilding year with a brand new coach.

Hope you are right. Would not mind slipping down to courtside. :rolleyes:

Georgia opened a 4 point favorite; that tells me we are in trouble, they are trying to get bettors to take the "4".

If all the refs are from the deep south, we could be in trouble.

I'm not sure the vegas line means much at all. Its still early in the season, so there is a lot of guess work on how teams will perform. If the Wiz says Bills by 1 and vegas has GA by 4, then its seems obvious that it is expected to be a close game. The thing I worry about most with games like this is if the Bills are ahead by a point or two with very little time left, I'm not sure I trust out free throw shooting to ice the game.

Basically it all comes down to whether or not Cassity and Salecich can knock down some shots in an unfamiliar setting. I'm thinking we shoot a little bit better than we did in Chicago and pull of a win. I would be a LOT more confident predicting a win at home because I'm not sure the Billikids have what it takes yet to win on the road in a pretty evenly matched game.

Early season lines in college basketball are probably the least reliable in all of sports betting. You can make some serious money in intra-conference college basketball. Also, the line is not who they think will win but rather the amount they think can get equal action on both sides of the betting. If a group bets enough money, the line will move.

For instance, Ark-Little Rock opened as a one point favorite over Missouri State, and that line was bet so much in 12 hours, that it has moved to Missouri State by 1.5.

Georgia isn't great. They're athletic and long, but they are erratic, and undisciplined. Make shots and you can win...

I think this is a really important early season test of the potential of the billikids. A road test with the possibility of "slanted" referees, against a poor team from a BCS conf. If we could beat Neb and stay competitive with Ia. St. and ND on a neutral site, then I think we have the talent to beat Ga. The question is do we have the moxy (moxie?) to do so. This could be a big win as we head into the next part of our schedule. I do think we need to hit a fair % of threes to pull it off along with a decent average at the FT line.

Bills by 7

Georgia opened a 4 point favorite; that tells me we are in trouble, they are trying to get bettors to take the "4".

If all the refs are from the deep south, we could be in trouble.

This is the second time I think that you've referenced the refs for this game. Give it a break. The game hasn't even been played and you're complaining that we're gonna get the screw job.

I think this is a really important early season test of the potential of the billikids. A road test with the possibility of "slanted" referees, against a poor team from a BCS conf. If we could beat Neb and stay competitive with Ia. St. and ND on a neutral site, then I think we have the talent to beat Ga. The question is do we have the moxy (moxie?) to do so. This could be a big win as we head into the next part of our schedule. I do think we need to hit a fair % of threes to pull it off along with a decent average at the FT line.

Bills by 7

Yeah, it's "moxie."

The Sagarin predictor favors SLU by 1.9 (almost 2). The Bills will have to take care of the ball and make their FTs to win. The outcome could be determined by the last possession of the game, if not go to overtime.