GDT-XU

slu72

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The final possessions of the 1st half had to take the wind out of the sails. We shot lights out in the first and still wound up down 10. Hard to come back from.

Here's to the future. Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

Flashes of brilliance from KM, but overall a very bad game. 3-11, 1-6 from three, 1 reb, 0 asts and FIVE to's. Kevin and Willie played alright. Tommie did as well, but just has to get more than 5 shots. Thompson had his best game yet, by far, I think, unless I'm not remembering one from early.

Hope this isn't it for the seniors, but if it is, thanks, guys.

Flashes of brilliance from KM, but overall a very bad game. 3-11, 1-6 from three, 1 reb, 0 asts and FIVE to's. Kevin and Willie played alright. Tommie did as well, but just has to get more than 5 shots. Thompson had his best game yet, by far, I think, unless I'm not remembering one from early.

Hope this isn't it for the seniors, but if it is, thanks, guys.

Bob Ramsey said that this was SLU's last game of the season and the last game for Kevin Lisch and Tommie Liddell. So maybe Ramsey knows something that the rest of us don't.

This one loss to 19th ranked Xavier should not hurt that bad. The score looks bad, but if anyone actually watched the game, the whole game turned for the worse late in the first half. As Porter Moser just said, Thompson misses a layup and some guy on X comes down and banks in that 40+ footer, a 5 point swing right there that carried over into the second half.

I don't know why SLU wouldn't accept either a CBI or CIT bid. The CBI supposedly makes a school pay for home games, with the upside being a bigger share of the gate. Some schools don't like that, and some don't like the concept of these additional tournaments at all. With the NCAA being so hard to make, and even the NIT having become a tough nut to crack, I don't share that negative view of these new tournaments.

I don't know why SLU wouldn't accept either a CBI or CIT bid. The CBI supposedly makes a school pay for home games, with the upside being a bigger share of the gate. Some schools don't like that, and some don't like the concept of these additional tournaments at all. With the NCAA being so hard to make, and even the NIT having become a tough nut to crack, I don't share that negative view of these new tournaments.

I'm fine with either of the two new tournaments. Extra practice and game experience for the freshmen can't hurt.

I agree. College basketball is the deepest and most talent laden sport in the NCAA, from DI all the way down to NAIA or NJCAA lower divison levels, and there are zillions of good teams that won't make the NCAA or NIT. These extra teams just have more warts than the others. It is beyond belief that any team wouldn't accept an invitation to play other GOOD, not great, teams at any time during the postseason.

I'm fine with either of the two new tournaments. Extra practice and game experience for the freshmen can't hurt.

Well another Billiken BBall season shot.

I would not mind getting into one of these tournaments. I think the extra game (or hopefully games) would help the freshmen and I like to see Tommie and Kevin at least have a little taste of post season play.

Remember when we used to turn our noses up at going to the NIT. :mellow:

I would not mind getting into one of these tournaments. I think the extra game would help the freshmen and I like to see Tommie and Kevin at least have a little taste of post season play.

Only an imbecile turns his nose up at playing more games.

Cincinnati took itself out of CBI/CIT contention, saying that if it doesn't make the NIT, its season is over.

Relevance to SLU, if any: That might open another CBI/CIT berth.

But after posting my earlier post above, I again heard Bob Ramsey say that SLU's season is over.

this is pathetic. we are praying for a CBI/CIT berth...

I would not mind getting into one of these tournaments. I think the extra game (or hopefully games) would help the freshmen and I like to see Tommie and Kevin at least have a little taste of post season play.

No I don't. When was that?

this is pathetic. we are praying for a CBI/CIT berth...

No. Pathetic were the times we were praying for the NIT and then praying that late signees like Horace Dixon were diamonds instead of dog doo. The Billikens are on the rise regardless of the pain of today.......

even more so than the experience standpoint I would like the CMI or CIT for selfish reason. Im not ready to stop watching this team play yet.

It had its ups and downs but this was the most exciting season for the Bills in along time.

As for todays game, If Xaiever doesnt hit that three at the end of the half I think the hole game ends up different. That just toatlly deflated the already tired Bills.

The back to back games just killed Mitchell. But that is something he will be able to handle better next year. Its a shame TLIII KL and BE go down like this to end a great carear but what they did at SLU hopefully started a changing of slu Athletics.

I was impressed with Lisch today, some of his shots werent falling but midway through the 2nd I think he told himself, he was the guy that was going to get them back in the game.

He tried to take over but its hard against a team like Xavier.

they are on the right path. Mitchell is a bigtime D1 pg, Reed is only going to get better, Conklin had a good year and as big as he is will only get stronger.

Hopefully Cassity can learn to create some shots over the summer and Thompson keeps developing.

With the incoming Freshman and the returning players developing I will GUARNTEE they will be playing past ST Pattys day next year.

Thats right, Im giving the dlarry guarntee, I dont give those out very often, and honestly they dont mean much but its a start.

GO BILLS