GDT: SLU @ Duquesne

NH

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

upi 7 with 4 to go. Got to close those out. Shouldn't be surprised though. Common problem this year.

I'm guessing Kevin will jack up another 3. This one better go in.

Terrible shot to get. 25 feet away. We gave this game away.

It actually looked good on the way there. If we were going to take that shot, we could have taken it with over 15 seconds left. For wasting so much time, I thought we had something better coming.

Nice senior night for Aaron Jackson.

Mitchell hits a running 3 at the end that isn't enough. We can't win on the road- not going to help in AC.

We have to win Saturday or we are looking square at a ninth place finish with three consecutive losses to less-than-stellar A10 teams. Last I saw, La Salle had Fordham in hand and Umass was holding off GeeDub. La Salle is coming in with something to play for. I don't think our last few Senior Nights have gone well either.

AC is neutral so maybe that'll make a difference but probably not. The sad part is the team seemed to be clicking after Mitchell returned from injury until the last two games. DUQ in 5th place in conference aren't we tied or just behind? What were we picked at I don't recall?

Terrible shot to get. 25 feet away. We gave this game away.

Aww.....blow me. We blew this one. OK, it's A10 tourney or bust. I don't want us in the CBB or what ever the hell it is. Let's either win the A-10 tourney and go dancing or wait until next year and welcome to the barby, g'day mate, Reid stripes another one from way out there, Smith is a slasher, Willie Reed becomes a Wooden candidate, KM best PG in the A-10, KC a mini Larry Bird (passing wise at least), BT, Kevin McHale clone, and Brian Conklin White Thunder. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a little Jimboed tonite. Hey, Jimbo, how's things in Mile High? Bet you're high. Golf committee meeting tonite and it was more drink committee than anything to do with Golf.......Go Bills, Memphis Miracle repeat in Atlantic City! We dance.....or die! Too bad though for KL and TL never an invite. Thanks a lot Soderberg!

La Salle beat Fordham and Umass ended winning by almost 20. GeeDub is out. I think we were picked to finish seventh or so. If we beat La Salle and Duquesne loses to Dayton (likely) then we end up tied but the Dukes get us by having beat Xavier. St. Joes could win out against Temple and Fordham and finish in fifth if that Dayton item happens. St. Joes at Temple tomorrow is big -- go Owls. A three way tie between us, Duquesne and St. Joes gives us fifth. Losing to La Salle with all the rest going according to plan makes it a four-way tie at 9-7 between Duquesne, La Salle, St. Joe's and Richmond if Richmond beats Xavier at their place Saturday night in a game that means nothing if X beat Dayton tomorrow. Such a scenario drops us to ninth. Again, a wide open, totally confused situation with two game night left. Typical and usual A10.

La Salle beat Fordham and Umass ended winning by almost 20. GeeDub is out. I think we were picked to finish seventh or so. If we beat La Salle and Duquesne loses to Dayton (likely) then we end up tied but the Dukes get us by having beat Xavier. St. Joes could win out against Temple and Fordham and finish in fifth if that Dayton item happens. St. Joes at Temple tomorrow is big -- go Owls. A three way tie between us, Duquesne and St. Joes gives us fifth. Losing to La Salle with all the rest going according to plan makes it a four-way tie at 9-7 between Duquesne, La Salle, St. Joe's and Richmond if Richmond beats Xavier at their place Saturday night in a game that means nothing if X beat Dayton tomorrow. Such a scenario drops us to ninth. Again, a wide open, totally confused situation with two game night left. Typical and usual A10.

No birthday present for Sign Guy today from SLU. Damnit, after a bye I was hoping at least for SLU v. GW in the 5 - 12 game so I could be guaranteed two days of games.

My feeling this morning is still that last night's game at Duquesne got away. It should have been a W, given the 7 point lead with 4 minutes left. I was saying, "Guard the three." And boom, the Duquesne guy, Clark, hits a long bomb. SLU missed enough key free throws to keep from icing the game and keep Duquesne in the game. Then SLU looked to me like it was playing 4 on 5. Duquesne kept finding a guy during crunch time that someone on SLU couldn't guard. Duquesne made a number of late points on free throws after SLU was forced to foul, the wrong man, Jackson, who obviously Duquesne wanted to have the ball. Jackson scored the last 11 Duquesne points.

When you have a 60-53 lead with 4 minutes left, you should win the game. When you shoot 26 for 45 from the field, you should win the game.

Clark was 5 for 6 on 3 pointers, and Jackson was 9 for 10 at the free throw line. SLU was only 8 for 13 at the free throw line. SLU had 16 turnovers, Duquesne had 11.