Majerus Show Tonight?

GoBills

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody listen to the Majerus show tonight? A recap would be appreciated.

I caught bits and pieces of it but he was gushing about all the players especially the freshmen. Thinks Tommie is a real student of the game and enjoys coaching him. Really loved the way Femi was playing in practice and said he has a real passion for the game. Said the best game we have played so far was the lose at Dayton.

Caller asked him about the 1977 championship team and he said after the win he was thinking to himself "is this it?" and that led to him going on about the only reason he is coaching is to teach kids in practice to make them better players and people. He still loves to compete and keep score but loves to teach. Said after practice Willie, KM, and himself had a real heart to heart and thats why he loves coaching. On a side note Willie has a bad case of the flu so he might not be 100% against St. Bonawelding.

Went on to talk about scholarships and that they have 2 to give but is thinking about putting one in the bank to save. There will be 2 visitors at the LaSalle game and he also mentioned along the lines of a player wanting to transfer to St. Louis but couldnt really go into much detail, but he said he was going to look into it. Werent there rumblings of Scott Suggs? Who knows...

Sorry for the rambling but thats the best I could do. I missed the first half of the show so maybe someone else can fill it in.

I don't know how that works. IF a freshman at another school transfers in next year, they sit a year and then have 3 years left. Is that the way it works. Or do they lose a year and only have two left?

Please educate me. :lol:

I don't know how that works. IF a freshman at another school transfers in next year, they sit a year and then have 3 years left. Is that the way it works. Or do they lose a year and only have two left?

Please educate me. :lol:

doc, not sure if the a-10 has a transfer within rule or not, but otherwise, assuming they have their redshirt year remaining, they indeed could transfer, sit a year and still have three left.

if they have used their redshirt year already they would only have 2 left.

if the a-10 has an additional penality for tranferring within a transfer from another a-10 team might cost the player transferring another year.

I caught bits and pieces of it but he was gushing about all the players especially the freshmen. Thinks Tommie is a real student of the game and enjoys coaching him. Really loved the way Femi was playing in practice and said he has a real passion for the game. Said the best game we have played so far was the lose at Dayton.

Caller asked him about the 1977 championship team and he said after the win he was thinking to himself "is this it?" and that led to him going on about the only reason he is coaching is to teach kids in practice to make them better players and people. He still loves to compete and keep score but loves to teach. Said after practice Willie, KM, and himself had a real heart to heart and thats why he loves coaching. On a side note Willie has a bad case of the flu so he might not be 100% against St. Bonawelding.

Went on to talk about scholarships and that they have 2 to give but is thinking about putting one in the bank to save. There will be 2 visitors at the LaSalle game and he also mentioned along the lines of a player wanting to transfer to St. Louis but couldnt really go into much detail, but he said he was going to look into it. Werent there rumblings of Scott Suggs? Who knows...

Sorry for the rambling but thats the best I could do. I missed the first half of the show so maybe someone else can fill it in.

I didn't hear it but I was told he was talking about future scheduling. He said that he is working on a home and home with K-State, Kansas, Missouri and he said he got the Missouri State home and home back starting next year. Thats just what I heard so it could be different. I have heard things about Scott Suggs and him maybe wanting to transfer. I would love to see him in a BILLS uniform.

Guest BillikenReport

SLU getting a quality transfer from anywhere would be a good deal for the program.

The player would only be able to practice next year, but then you be able to play the following season when Kwamain, Willie, Conklin, Thompson and Cassity would be in their junior years — and the team should be very good.

I didn't hear it but I was told he was talking about future scheduling. He said that he is working on a home and home with K-State, Kansas, Missouri and he said he got the Missouri State home and home back starting next year. Thats just what I heard so it could be different. I have heard things about Scott Suggs and him maybe wanting to transfer. I would love to see him in a BILLS uniform.

Pretty much every show Majerus has said he wants to play a home and home with Mizzou. We all know their reasons for not playing (starts with C and ends with hicken) but of course their apologists will call it a "nothing to gain game." Whatever. Its not worth another debate on this board.

He did say we'd play anybody in the Big 12 that is willing to do a home and home. For that matter I'm fairly certain we'd play almost any BCS team that is willing to do a home and home. We all know its easier said then done so hopefully nobody gets their expectations up that KU, K-State or any other big name team will start up next year. Maybe hope, but I wouldn't expect.

Pretty much every show Majerus has said he wants to play a home and home with Mizzou. We all know their reasons for not playing (starts with C and ends with hicken) but of course their apologists will call it a "nothing to gain game." Whatever. Its not worth another debate on this board.

He did say we'd play anybody in the Big 12 that is willing to do a home and home. For that matter I'm fairly certain we'd play almost any BCS team that is willing to do a home and home. We all know its easier said then done so hopefully nobody gets their expectations up that KU, K-State or any other big name team will start up next year. Maybe hope, but I wouldn't expect.

I'd like to see a series with OSU. Since they are a little down, maybe they'd be open to the idea.

I agree with you 100% on all accounts.

Can you blame him?

No. You get the sense from hearing him the he believes we are the edge of getting this program on a roll. He mentioned a couple times we'll definitely be the youngest team in the country next year but the year after that should look promising. This years class will be juniors and he hinted at some feelers he has out there for 2001. It should be fun to watch.

Nebraska is coming to Chaifetz next year, correct? SLU has played Kansas State before. Getting Iowa again would be good.

Nebraska is coming to Chaifetz next year, correct? SLU has played Kansas State before. Getting Iowa again would be good.

Nebraska is here next year. I'd agree on Iowa. It was a very competitive series, but not too excited with KSU. Any program that takes Huggins, is looking for the quick fix, and I don't have much respect for that.

Nebraska is here next year. I'd agree on Iowa. It was a very competitive series, but not too excited with KSU. Any program that takes Huggins, is looking for the quick fix, and I don't have much respect for that.

Geebus, do you want to play moral police or get good basketball teams in here? How many mormon affiliated schools can we schedule?