Dayton fans not to happy with SLU fans

StlBills

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every SLU fan in the area should have made a scene until the UD fan got thrown out also .... they can't throw out an entire section.

Exactly- out here at the Oakland Raiders, when there are disturbances with opposing fans, invariably the guy wearing the other team's jersey is the one that gets ejected.

as it should be .... or out there, won't they just take down a cop.

as it should be .... or out there, won't they just take down a cop.

The cops are there in force, so they usually come out ok.

But I've seen many misguided foks wearing the opposing team's uniforms, remembering this is the Raiders. They are asking for it by doing so at the Raiders. Once they retaliate, they often aren't long on the premises.

Quote from a Dayton Fan...."Also, there was a fight in a lower section between fans. I saw a young guy in a black jacket run up the stairs, and the staff wasn't breaking any speed records to catch him. Not sure if he was one of ours or one of theirs, but they must not care how their event staff manages the crowd. Must be easy money."

I know the guy she is talking about that got kicked out and what really happend was he was yelling at BRIAN GREGORY for complaining. The Dayton fans sitting in the row in front of him started mouthing off to him, so they started mouthing back and forth and the Dayton fan turned around and ripped my friends beads right off his body. Thats when it started getting out of control they had to be seperated by the cops and he got thrown out but the Dayton fan didn't which didn't make much sense. We had fans coming up to us saying it was crap our friend got thrown out and the Dayton fan didn't. These Dayton fans are absolutly full of it!

That isn't exactly what happened. While there was a Dayton fan there the rest of them were SLU fans. One of them is a long-time season ticket holder and one of the former owners of Pepper's. Pepper's at one time was a great place for Billikem fans and ran a shuttle to every game. Your buddy had been kicking the back of the seats in front of him all night and then ended kicking one of them in the head. Your buddy was nothing more than a drunk ######.

Dayton fans are full of it, but so are you and your buddy.

All I know is I'm starting to LOVE these Saturday night games....reminds me of the old Arena.....maybe we can make the Saturday night Bill's games the place to be seen on Saturday nights in St. Louis.

These Dayton fans are saying how bad the student section was towards them and how they think it was terrible that SLU would put them right behind them.

http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8882

I also found this forum to be funny on how wrong the Dayton fans on this forum were with predicting the score of the Flyers SLU game.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8758

There are some other SLU fan bashing forums on there as well I find it funny how bad they say we act!

MY Son an d I sat in section 217. If you are facing the student section, it would be to the left. There was about 100 or more Dayton fans there. I saw no one being rude to them. The student section isn't even close. The student section may have tried to shout them out when they were cheering, but that about it. I hardly call that being rude, that's just basketball.

Behind the visiting team there is a section reserved for the visiting team. I beleive it is reserved for family members, and school officials etc.. I have been given tickets to sit there before by one of the coaches (at the last minute) It was kind fun for my daughter and I to sit there when we won that one too!(I think it was UMASS)

Quote from a Dayton Fan...."Also, there was a fight in a lower section between fans. I saw a young guy in a black jacket run up the stairs, and the staff wasn't breaking any speed records to catch him. Not sure if he was one of ours or one of theirs, but they must not care how their event staff manages the crowd. Must be easy money."

I know the guy she is talking about that got kicked out and what really happend was he was yelling at BRIAN GREGORY for complaining. The Dayton fans sitting in the row in front of him started mouthing off to him, so they started mouthing back and forth and the Dayton fan turned around and ripped my friends beads right off his body. Thats when it started getting out of control they had to be seperated by the cops and he got thrown out but the Dayton fan didn't which didn't make much sense. We had fans coming up to us saying it was crap our friend got thrown out and the Dayton fan didn't. These Dayton fans are absolutly full of it!

I was sitting literally a row behind this whole scene, and that's exactly how it went down. Those UD fans were a bunch of hoosiers - the one guy was there with his daughters. Real classy.

Great seats though. I yelled at Gregory, asking if he got his suit in the boys' department, and I think he heard me.

Yeah, you have to be pretty close. To me, she sounds like Jean Teasdale, regular columnist for The Onion ("A Room of Jean's Own"), who uses the phrase "Hubby Rick" each column to refer to her abusive, rarely-employed loser husband:

http://www.theonion.com/content/columnists/view/teasdale

http://hometowns.cyber-net-village.com/Orl...c/folders/Jean/

I get the idea Dayton is a haven for the Teasdales of the world, along with most Valley cities. I love the fact that UD's fan board has the romantically unfulfilled cat lady types posting.

<_<

It was probably better that it didn't get around fast enough. The watermelon thing was made up by a Xavier fan at a X website. The fabricated story concerns UD players who have been gone from there for 5 years. For X to do it is one thing, seeing as it might be considered to be a "tradition" for them, but for SLU to plagiarize Xavier's made up, 5 year old story is rather lame. I'm sure the Blue Crew has the creativity to come up with their own ideas.

If you guys are interested in the whole watermelon thing... there are many X alum who are tired of it and willing to give it up. I've always personally thought it was the dumbest thing. But whatever.

Just wanted to congratulate you guys on the big win against UD. Hopefully X fairs better on March 5 than they did in Dayton.

From my point of view, second only to the great win and the gritty play of our team and its freshmen, was the fact that the size of the Dayton contingent was much smaller than in the past and as a result their cheering was almost non existant in comparison to our Billiken fans. Over the past few years it made me sick to see all of the Dayton red and the cheering that came from those people. Just another wonderful development that comes from having our own building!

I agree completely. If they were cheering, I sure didn't hear it.

I was sitting literally a row behind this whole scene, and that's exactly how it went down. Those UD fans were a bunch of hoosiers - the one guy was there with his daughters. Real classy.

Great seats though. I yelled at Gregory, asking if he got his suit in the boys' department, and I think he heard me.

That is not exactly how it all went down Box. I do know someone that was in the row in front of the kid that got kicked out. I don't know the Dayton fan that was down there, but it wasn't only the Dayton fans in that row that had enough of the the guy that got kicked out.

As far as the event staff not breaking any record to catch the guy, I thought the same thing at first. The security guards behind him were really slow and seemed a bit unconcerned. But as the guy reached the top of the stairs, there stood a big security guy, with his arms folded just standing there waiting for him to reach the top of the stairs.

"the UD fan section behind the students. "

Pistol. Which section are you referring to?

From my seats (205), it looked like there were clusters of UD fans in 208, 116, and 218, the last one being up and to the left from the students- close enough for some back-and-forth yelling.

Also, for some reason, I saw 2 UD students sitting in SLU's student section prior to the game and saw a couple more during the game. Anyone else see them or know why they were there and not booted out?

From my seats (205), it looked like there were clusters of UD fans in 208, 116, and 218, the last one being up and to the left from the students- close enough for some back-and-forth yelling.

Also, for some reason, I saw 2 UD students sitting in SLU's student section prior to the game and saw a couple more during the game. Anyone else see them or know why they were there and not booted out?

I saw that couple also. Maybe some SLU students sold his/her tickets to them. :lol:

I sat right in front of AG Edwards box and a few older UD fans sat in front me. They did not wear red but had UD gray sweat shirts on. Only time these 2 cheered was when UD made that comeback in the 2nd 1/2.

Kudos goes to the following:

Older fans in my section all had blue on and did get up to cheer and clap (now they did not get wild or crazy but they did participate in the flow of the game). Many like myself said they were old SLU grads. Also, many came in blue and did not wear the the shirts distributed. Which I thought was good. Hopefully they will do that for future games and honor old alma mater.

The students did a wonderful job. 05, I was clearly impressed, made me envious I was not 35 years younger and still in school. :lol:

I saw that couple also. Maybe some SLU students sold his/her tickets to them. :lol:

I sat right in front of AG Edwards box and a few older UD fans sat in front me. They did not wear red but had UD gray sweat shirts on. Only time these 2 cheered was when UD made that comeback in the 2nd 1/2.

Kudos goes to the following:

Older fans in my section all had blue on and did get up to cheer and clap (now they did not get wild or crazy but they did participate in the flow of the game). Many like myself said they were old SLU grads. Also, many came in blue and did not wear the the shirts distributed. Which I thought was good. Hopefully they will do that for future games and honor old alma mater.

The students did a wonderful job. 05, I was clearly impressed, made me envious I was not 35 years younger and still in school. :lol:

HELL, I was impressed. :lol:

You know it could be that UD fans are so use to going to a STL/UD game where theres 5,000-6,000 fans and this time and the FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME it took Dayton to come to your building to sell out. You know in Dayton were we we AVERAGE 12,500 fans a game and host NCAA tournaments all the time basketballs a passion. Evidently, in St Louis basketballs just something to pass the time unless they have a reason to go to the games. Sorry just the way i see it.

You know it could be that UD fans are so use to going to a STL/UD game where theres 5,000-6,000 fans and this time and the FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME it took Dayton to come to your building to sell out. You know in Dayton were we we AVERAGE 12,500 fans a game and host NCAA tournaments all the time basketballs a passion. Evidently, in St Louis basketballs just something to pass the time unless they have a reason to go to the games. Sorry just the way i see it.

And you come to our board to tell us this why?

Thank god Dayton was nice enough to give the poor SLU folks a reason to go to the game.

I'm surprised Dayton is able to average 12,500 fans with so much going on there.

Dayton's fan support wasn't what they thought it would be. UD turned 200+ tickets back over to our ticket office and they were quickly sold.

This sounds like the word of someone from the A10's second smallest market.

The guys who graduated last in my high school class took comfort knowing that they could still go to Dayton for college. Just saying.

You writing skills suck; your basketball team isn't that good. Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

You guys host the play in games and first round and second round games every now in then. We host big events here in St Louis like the men's Final Four, men's regional championship, and the women's Final Four. You know, things they would never put in your crap city.

You guys host the play in games and first round and second round games every now in then. We host big events here in St Louis like the men's Final Four, men's regional championship, and the women's Final Four. You know, things they would never put in your crap city.

Dayton is f'ing CLOWNSHOES and they're gonna get monkeystomped from here until eternity every time they play us. End transmission.

Ya, Dayton Basketball, "Hosting NCAA tourney games, not playing in them". Thats been a tradition for a while now.