Breaking news: Freshman will transfer from Saint Louis

Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will probably be both. Are you really surprised? RM doesn't realize that the game has changed. You have to put your best players on the court if you want to win. It's rather simple! RM is playing the guys that are good practice players and have good basketball IQ's. That's fine on the DIII level, but not DI. He must put in the athletic players if he wants to not only win but compete. The Utah days are over! Heck, Mizzou would beat SLU by 30 with the players that RM is putting on the floor. RM needs to take notes from the Mizzou head coach.

Idiotic post, who would you bench in favor of RC? He needs to earn his playing time, just as everyone else does.

Through my contacts at the school either Eberhardt or Tommy could be leaving or both becasue they are sick of big rick. Now if it is a Freshman, It probably is Femi. He was never told he would be red shirted and showed up this fall and told he was. I am sure that did not sit well, who wants to red shirt when you do not have to

Nate's post clearly said that a freshman would be leaving, so that rules out Liddell III and Eberhardt. As seniors they can't transfer. Their careers would be over.

nate i got to ask, why would you post such an open rumor without disclosing the facts? this thread is painful to read as we are now speculating more than just the freshmen which is bad enough. either give us the whole story, or dont tell us anything. i hate the way this is going.

I couldn't have said this any better myself.

That is inaccurate information. Femi was not told he was being redshirted when he arrived this fall. After practice started, they evaluated all of the players and their roll on this year's team. The staff then sat down with Femi and discussed the pros and cons of him redshirting. It was ultimately Femi's decision. Why would he want to lose a year of eligibility when he isn't likely to play this year?

To answer your question: see Dustin Maguire. If Dustin couldn't get playing time last year, he would not have gotten it this year. Same with Femi. If Femi cannot crack the lineup with fellow inexperience Freshmen, then how is going to break into the lineup next year when these same Frosh are Sophomores and when 2 really good Freshmen come in next year and more then next year and the next year after that. Comes down to a numbers issue.

nate i got to ask, why would you post such an open rumor without disclosing the facts? this thread is painful to read as we are now speculating more than just the freshmen which is bad enough. either give us the whole story, or dont tell us anything. i hate the way this is going.

That was my first thought when I opened the thread. I second that statement.

I couldn't have said this any better myself.

You all have to remember that Nate is doing his job. Selling subscriptions pays the bills. If just one person thinks that it's worth it to pay the subscription price to have immediate access to the information, then it's a win-win for him.

You all have to remember that Nate is doing his job. Selling subscriptions pays the bills. If just one person thinks that it's worth it to pay the subscription price to have immediate access to the information, then it's a win-win for him.

Cripes, this is really taking a turn for the worse. Is it freshman or freshmen? Then of course we get Orlando's inside info that TL and BE might be checking out of Hotel Rickma as well. Got to love the 'net!

Well, I have a secret decoder ring and if you send me two Ovaltine labels it can be yours!

Femi should have never chosen SLU along with Reed and Cotto. RM says he wants those types of players but he really doesn't. Tommy should have transferred last year. Again, RM likes playing guys that have high basketball IQ's and no talent. He doesn't understand that the top area high school players are seeing this and it pushes them further away from SLU. Femi is better than KL and KC.

To answer your question: see Dustin Maguire. If Dustin couldn't get playing time last year, he would not have gotten it this year. Same with Femi. If Femi cannot crack the lineup with fellow inexperience Freshmen, then how is going to break into the lineup next year when these same Frosh are Sophomores and when 2 really good Freshmen come in next year and more then next year and the next year after that. Comes down to a numbers issue.

Femi should have never chosen SLU along with Reed and Cotto. RM says he wants those types of players but he really doesn't. Tommy should have transferred last year. Again, RM likes playing guys that have high basketball IQ's and no talent. He doesn't understand that the top area high school players are seeing this and it pushes them further away from SLU. Femi is better than KL and KC.

RM apparently doesn't like werewolves either. Just think how that's going over in the werewolf community. Not good is the answer.

Guest BillikenReport

What I'm trying to do with my site, and I've said this several times, is to build up subscriptions so I can spend more money on the site with things like hiring photographers to shoot more games, hiring other writers to write more stories and hiring videographers to shoot highlight videos of recruiting targets. The money I make from the site is minimal, and barely covers the cost to hire a photographer to shoot one game for me.

I owe it to the subscribers on my site to give them the first crack at a story like this.

There are plenty of people who visit Billikens.com looking for recruiting information that they can find on my site and nowhere else.

I'm sure eventually the P-D will have something about this and SLU will issue a press release before long. If that doesn't happen before Saturday, everyone else will find out on Saturday.

Cripes, this is really taking a turn for the worse. Is it freshman or freshmen? Then of course we get Orlando's inside info that TL and BE might be checking out of Hotel Rickma as well. Got to love the 'net!

It's ONE freshman. That is it. I would tell you, but I want to respect Nate's site and the other subscribers who are willing to pay for the info.

It's unbelievable how people take "freshman will transfer from SLU" and turn it into "two seniors and two freshmen" are out the door.

It's ONE freshman. That is it. I would tell you, but I want to respect Nate's site and the other subscribers who are willing to pay for the info.

It's unbelievable how people take "freshman will transfer from SLU" and turn it into "two seniors and two freshmen" are out the door.

But what about the werewolves?

MN. Aren't you still smarting from the beating you took from your prior posts ... and yet you post this? While I agree with you that RM likes guys with high basketball IQs, what is your basis for stating that he likes guys with "no talent." Did RM win all the games he has won by recruiting guys with "no talent?"

Go ahead and list the top high school players who are seeing which "pushes them further away from SLU."

How can you possibly state taht Femi is better than KL - an experienced Senior who has led this team for 4 years. Cassity?? Possible that FJ is better than Cassity in some respects but if you are going to post that, tell us in what respects and/or why you think so?

Congratulations on the dumbest post of the year and you did not grace us with your presence here until the end of the year.

What I'm trying to do with my site, and I've said this several times, is to build up subscriptions so I can spend more money on the site with things like hiring photographers to shoot more games, hiring other writers to write more stories and hiring videographers to shoot highlight videos of recruiting targets. The money I make from the site is minimal, and barely covers the cost to hire a photographer to shoot one game for me.

I owe it to the subscribers on my site to give them the first crack at a story like this.

There are plenty of people who visit Billikens.com looking for recruiting information that they can find on my site and nowhere else.

I'm sure eventually the P-D will have something about this and SLU will issue a press release before long. If that doesn't happen before Saturday, everyone else will find out on Saturday.

Nate, I apologize if I misrepresented your intent. However, your goals for the subscriptions is not far from "paying the bills."

But what about the werewolves?

Rick indicated at the Billiken Club meeting that he avoids recruiting werewolves because they tend to be selfish players, shoot free throws like girls, are 5'4'', and only play well at night.

Guest BillikenReport

Rick indicated at the Billiken Club meeting that he avoids recruiting werewolves because they tend to be selfish players, shoot free throws like girls, are 5'4'', and only play well at night.

But how do they perform in road games?

Figures. Well, this should conclusively answer whether RM knows what it takes to win in college basketball today.

Well, he's an idiot then. Maybe TL should leave, think of how good he'd be with a werewolve setting a pick. That's just plain stupid, Rick's time is past.

Well, he's an idiot then. Maybe TL should leave, think of how good he'd be with a werewolve setting a pick. That's just plain stupid, Rick's time is past.

He did say that he really likes ogres and from what I've seen, they are very good pick setters and rebounders.

He did say that he really likes ogres and from what I've seen, they are very good pick setters and rebounders.

Well now, if you're talking about upgrading to an Ogre, that's a different beast. Ogre's also tend to not get in as much foul trouble as werewolves and are much less turnover prone ... though they do lack the leaping ability.