Breaking news: Freshman will transfer from Saint Louis

Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Wonder why? He was getting time on the floor. Just couldn't grasp everything Rickma expected of him? Or, is his girlfriend leaving. This kid sounded really excited about being a Billiken when he signed on.

I believe he and his girlfriend from Alton split up. I also heard that his family was upset about his lack of playing time. QUALIFIER: This information is third hand.

Really? Wonder why? He was getting time on the floor. Just couldn't grasp everything Rickma expected of him? Or, is his girlfriend leaving. This kid sounded really excited about being a Billiken when he signed on.

Femi would be the safe guess. I just hope it's not one of our bigs. Like Conklin getting homesick not realizing how far away Oregon really is. He's made the leap the quickest of the 7 and you wonder if someone from OU or OSU didn't notice and make a call to his parents or something saying "wow, we made a big mistake."

Guest BillikenReport

I'm sure more information will come out from other outlets soon.

If not, everyone will see on Saturday that there will be one less player with the team.

I believe he and his girlfriend from Alton split up. I also heard that his family was upset about his lack of playing time. QUALIFIER: This information is third hand.

Who is the guy who has the slogan "it's hard work being a Billiken fan"? Somebody should make t-shirts. It's too bad he just didn't at least stick it out until the end of the year to see how things might progress. It seemed he was starting to get more playing time. This is disappointing, but I guess on the bright side, RM and staff never seem to have a shortage of good recruiting targets. Also, Cotto was billed as a 1/2 type player, but in the limited time of seeing him, it didn't seem his future was as a 1. Next year with Salecich and Reid coming in, we will have bigger options at the 2.

No kidding. This sucks. Wonder how much is school/personal and how much is Majerus.

Oh, Jimbo, don't go opening up that can of worms. I just reread the post on the tip off. Someone posted RM's comments about the frosh. Notable by his absence was anything about RC.

Oh, Jimbo, don't go opening up that can of worms. I just reread the post on the tip off. Someone posted RM's comments about the frosh. Notable by his absence was anything about RC.

Oh, if that's the case, I don't know whether to commend Cotto for knowing what he wants and making up his mind right away, or deride him for only sticking it out a few months. I don't doubt that he's very roundly unhappy right now if all that is speculated is true. Maybe school's not going so hot, homegurl is out, and your coach is asking you to walk on his back EVERY day. I'd probably want to leave, too. Best of luck to him if he follows through on this, and I don't blame any singular party. Sometimes things just aren't a good fit. Majerus looked like his biggest cheerleader last game, so we know it wasn't all bad.