Kilcoyne and Drummond

kevinfootes

On their 1380 show this morning, Kilcoyne and Drummond were riding Majerus pretty hard about being unavailable for the media and not letting the media talk with players like TL and KL. It was similar to many of the posts we've had on here, except for Drummond saying something like "Majerus is dumping on Lisch and Liddell." Kilcoyne was almost quoting roy: "I was expecting the funny guy we've seen on ESPN the past couple of years." Maybe he reads the board! :P

In any case, there was a decent amount of SLU talk during the show.

On their 1380 show this morning, Kilcoyne and Drummond were riding Majerus pretty hard about being unavailable for the media and not letting the media talk with players like TL and KL. It was similar to many of the posts we've had on here, except for Drummond saying something like "Majerus is dumping on Lisch and Liddell." Kilcoyne was almost quoting roy: "I was expecting the funny guy we've seen on ESPN the past couple of years." Maybe he reads the board! :P

In any case, there was a decent amount of SLU talk during the show.

kevin, I'm glad to hear that they were at least talking Billiken MBB. I didn't hear today's show, but I have heard the same basic discussion from them previously (as I've posted).

What I don't understand about RM is his failure to somewhat court the media appears to be at the wrong end of the spectrum at a time when the program needs all the positive vibes it can get. If we are still trying to sellout the 'Fetz, then he should be trying to help the effort through the media. Also, I am surprised to hear that RM has put a muzzle on KL & TL. I wonder if that is true---it seems like they were on TV a few times last year. Both Seniors come across as positive examples of what SLU can produce.

kevin, I'm glad to hear that they were at least talking Billiken MBB. I didn't hear today's show, but I have heard the same basic discussion from them previously (as I've posted).

What I don't understand about RM is his failure to somewhat court the media appears to be at the wrong end of the spectrum at a time when the program needs all the positive vibes it can get. If we are still trying to sellout the 'Fetz, then he should be trying to help the effort through the media. Also, I am surprised to hear that RM has put a muzzle on KL & TL. I wonder if that is true---it seems like they were on TV a few times last year. Both Seniors come across as positive examples of what SLU can produce.

I listened to the show on the way to lunch and heard them discuss SLU. They basically expressed their amazement at how little excitement the hiring of Majerus has created for the program. They discussed the lack of marketing and Majerus and the team not doing a whole lot of media appearances. The Mayor described Majerus and SLU being bunkered up in West Pine, now Chaifetz. I completely agree. We make the million dollar hire, but we do nothing to really ride that wave. If you make that kind of commitment to the program you would think you would step up in all areas of the athletic department and unfortunately it seems like things are still jv over there. They concluded by saying that maybe winning solves all of this and that is something I completely agree with. If SLU starts winning consistently the fans will show up and there will be a buzz around the program. Being an alumn and living in the area I am amazed at how little I care about the upcoming season; a season that marks the first in a brand new on-campus arena and a team with a HOF coach and two area studs.

I was watching Virginia Kerr...I mean, Channel 4 news this morning, and they quickly glossed over the MVC and A-10 preseason predictions. Then Paul Cook, the guy who does the traffic reports said that he's a big Majerus fan and that with a year of his system under their belts, the team should be a lot better this year - sounding like he actually follows the team. I was thinking, "Where the hell did that come from?" What a pleasant surprise.

I was watching Virginia Kerr...I mean, Channel 4 news this morning, and they quickly glossed over the MVC and A-10 preseason predictions. Then Paul Cook, the guy who does the traffic reports said that he's a big Majerus fan and that with a year of his system under their belts, the team should be a lot better this year - sounding like he actually follows the team. I was thinking, "Where the hell did that come from?" What a pleasant surprise.

Well, that gives me two reasons and a less perverted reason to watch Channel 4 in the morning, thanks Box.

Being an alumn and living in the area I am amazed at how little I care about the upcoming season; a season that marks the first in a brand new on-campus arena and a team with a HOF coach and two area studs.

Maybe you should within yourself, rather than at what's in the media. If your heart bleeds Billiken blue, you won't take your cues from the media or what others may be saying or not saying about the program. How can a Billikens fan not be excited about this season, given the circumstances (new arena). Even if you think the team won't win as many as 10 games, there should be excitement as this season dawns.

i've been waiting for a weather person to emerge from the area to be "my favorite".

(used to be trish the dish brown until she left, thought cindy pretzels had potential until she shut down the end of an olympic basketball game for a thunderstorm, she never recovered from that, always liked dave murray but he disappears to hawaii too often.)

i will have to give this paul cook guy a chance. plus if that means i have to observe viginia kerr for a few minutes every morning that wouldnt be a bad thing. gotta be better on the eyes than art holiday.

They concluded by saying that maybe winning solves all of this and that is something I completely agree with. If SLU starts winning consistently the fans will show up and there will be a buzz around the program.

IMO, winning is the key to everything, the best marketing plan there is. If the Coach being holed up is what it takes to win, then so be it.

Some have objected to the non-conference schedule. For such a young team, with 7 or 8 freshmen, I have no problem with that schedule. There will be enough tough games, and SLU needs some early wins to build momentum and instill confidence before A-10 play starts, RPI or not.

Look at the Spoonball days and his first NCAA team. That team started out 14-0, and the non-conference schedule was not that tough. But the big momentum was built. SLU was nationally ranked. Even Bill Clinton mentioned the team.

We were at the game at the old Arena when over 17,000 fans saw SLU beat SIU that year. I still remember watching in amazement as they removed the covers from those seats high in the rafters at each end. It almost brought a tear or two to my eyes.

I am looking forward to seeing the team in person at the new Arena on Dec. 30 and Jan. 2. Getting to see two home games during my annual Holiday trip home is a veritable Billiken bonanza for us. If anyone has good tickets that they aren't using for those two (Maryland-Baltimore County and NC A&T), please let me know.

My favorite part of the show today was when Demarco Farr flat out told them they were wrong for complaining about Rickma closing practices. He basically told them they didn't know what they were talking about when it came to the closed practices.

Farr is rumored to be a regular on 101. I'd welcome that move.

The 2Fox has Theresa Woodard too:

Posted Image

Hey, God. HIGH FIVE! I'd break my cage to get that. Looks like someone threw one of those industrial strap-downs on a big red bouncy ball and the thing grew T&A. Ha, I just noticed that it has a head, too.