Chaifetz - New Seats

So bringing the family is illegal? That's a pretty stupid thing if it's the case. I'd like my wife to be there. We are going to make a day of it and hit the zoo as well. If anyone says anything I'll be shocked.

By the way I don't recall reading about the injunction against families. Perhaps bold letters would've been in order....

I'm bringing wife and baby and don't anticipate any problems. We're going to be sitting in these seats (presumably) for years, so it's only fair that she should have some input. Baby's just fun to have around.

You should check out one of the new restaurants in the area while you're there.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sighhhh. :(

Roy you will be fine. You will be closer to the floor then you were at Scott. The sections near the band were pretty open. Lots of blue seats were open for the big spenders. I thought it was very well run. They even had a free bar while you waited to go in.

Kshoe we will see. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling when it comes to SLU and moving to new buildings. When I hear that both the best red seats on both sides of the court and the best Green seat already coming of the board it does not make me feel comfortable.

How many tickets total do you need for family and recruits? I think 50 would be on the very high end of what is required.

i'm with brian, there is no way that when only 100 or so accts have been through thus far that most of the red seats should already be gone. these are the supposed high rollers that have picked already, and the cheap seats are gone? this is starting to sound like arena II only 20 years later.

Kshoe we will see. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling when it comes to SLU and moving to new buildings. When I hear that both the best red seats on both sides of the court and the best Green seat already coming of the board it does not make me feel comfortable.

How many tickets total do you need for family and recruits? I think 50 would be on the very high end of what is required.

This isn't directed just to you so don't take it personal, but it was completely predictable how this board would react to this process with skepticism and whining. The last move happened 13 years ago under a totally different regime so maybe we could just wait to see how it all turns out before jumping off the ship.

The idea that there has been a run on green seats at this point is laughable. Willie picked late last night and was able to get a couple in the first row of the end-zone and 6 more directly behind it. He could have had more in the front row but didn't want to be too close to the basket standard. Considering he has sat in the end-zones for 30 something years now, the idea of him taking some of the green shouldn't be a surprise. In fact, the other names on the seats in the first row were the same people Willie currently sits next to in the front row at the Savvis. So the only thing that has happened so far is the people that currently sit in the end-zone have chosen to do so again.

As for the reds, you've got to remember that these reports are coming from people picking in the top 75 range. If you are 75th and come to pick maybe 300 seats have been taken in front of you. If you see 50-75 seats reserved for family and recruits and another 50-75 reserved for opposing fans, then yes, it may look like a lot of red seats have been taken. But in the grand scheme of things there aren't that many seats off the board.

I am pleased to hear that some of the billikenboard predictions of having to run to the seats or not being allowed in the building were complete bunk.

This is what I was afraid was going to happen. I assume a lot of the high number point season ticket holders are splitting their totaled allowed eight season tickets between buying their tickets among the higher price seats and then buying more tickets in the red for someone else. The fact that people who have high point totals are allowed to buy more tickets on the first go around than they previously had opens it up for people with very little or no points to jump to the head of the line by purchasing their season tickets through a high number buyer who wasn't planning on buying the max of eight. It is earlier in the process and I maybe overeacting, but the history of these types of moves for SLU is not good.

Agreed, I believe I am one who is getting "finessed" by this scenario and will wind up with much worse tickets than I have now.

Roy you will be fine. You will be closer to the floor then you were at Scott. The sections near the band were pretty open. Lots of blue seats were open for the big spenders. I thought it was very well run. They even had a free bar while you waited to go in.

Technical question: someone mentioned that there were names on the seats. When you picked how was the process conducted? How could you tell which seats were gone: by looking out over the actual arena and seeing the seats marked or looking at a board with the taken seats scratched off or looking at a computer screen and seeing which seats were gone? Just curious about the actual process.

Technical question: someone mentioned that there were names on the seats. When you picked how was the process conducted? How could you tell which seats were gone: by looking out over the actual arena and seeing the seats marked or looking at a board with the taken seats scratched off or looking at a computer screen and seeing which seats were gone? Just curious about the actual process.

The seats that were taken were all tagged. As soon as you picked your seats were marked. They take your info ,put it in a computer,give you a copy and your gone. I'll say it again, it was well done.

So bringing the family is illegal? That's a pretty stupid thing if it's the case. I'd like my wife to be there. We are going to make a day of it and hit the zoo as well. If anyone says anything I'll be shocked.

By the way I don't recall reading about the injunction against families. Perhaps bold letters would've been in order....

I saw a number of husband and wife or father and son duos picking so I do not think this will a problem at all but as they let in more people a a time I am sure they will be concerned about the number of people in the arena at one time because they have to keep close tabs on everyone.

Agreed, I believe I am one who is getting "finessed" by this scenario and will wind up with much worse tickets than I have now.

to the contrary, this system makes a lot more tickets available. Before now, I had 20 great tickets and I have been a very large contributor but now I could only take 8 in the gold and if I want to pay $10k a year I can have 4 more tickets in the blue seats. So I lost 12 of my seats and I know of at least a half dozen others who were in the same boat.

The seats that were taken were all tagged. As soon as you picked your seats were marked. They take your info ,put it in a computer,give you a copy and your gone. I'll say it again, it was well done.

It's the off season, there's not a lot to talk about, if you continue to make positive statements this thread will be considerably shorter. Please stop.

What if....since the seats chosen are immediately put into the computer, how about putting that online and updating it every hour or even every day so you could go online and get an idea of what is still available before your selection time. I really don't think it will happen, but I can dream. Actually, that information would probably produce more negative rather than positive comments.

to the contrary, this system makes a lot more tickets available. Before now, I had 20 great tickets and I have been a very large contributor but now I could only take 8 in the gold and if I want to pay $10k a year I can have 4 more tickets in the blue seats. So I lost 12 of my seats and I know of at least a half dozen others who were in the same boat.

billikan, tell me about the other people in your cartel. are they going to get seats? if so did they go to the end of the line as they should have or did they join forces with another high ranking acct and then picked ahead of the rest of us?

my suspicion is that by breaking up the cartels the folks that lost out of one group found someone else to partner with and those of us that have been paying extra for years to move up are going to end up worse than before. that would really suck.

billikan, tell me about the other people in your cartel. are they going to get seats? if so did they go to the end of the line as they should have or did they join forces with another high ranking acct and then picked ahead of the rest of us?

my suspicion is that by breaking up the cartels the folks that lost out of one group found someone else to partner with and those of us that have been paying extra for years to move up are going to end up worse than before. that would really suck.

You are really jumping at shadows Roy. You've done a complete 180 from believing the cartels will be broken up to now believing the cartels are more powerful than ever.

p.s. Is Crymdog buying tickets with you or did you make him buy on his own with the points he has accumulated? Just curious.

You are really jumping at shadows Roy. You've done a complete 180 from believing the cartels will be broken up to now believing the cartels are more powerful than ever.

p.s. Is Crymdog buying tickets with you or did you make him buy on his own with the points he has accumulated? Just curious.

he is buying his own.

i definitely didnt see this coming. but if you think about it, if these cartel hanger ons wouldnt go on their own all these years it only makes sense they would find a way.

i hope you are right and i am sitting at least 8 rows from the floor in red in the corner as i am now without paying the big bucks. anything less i say the system failed me and i question what the hell i paid for the last 20 years.

he is buying his own.

i definitely didnt see this coming. but if you think about it, if these cartel hanger ons wouldnt go on their own all these years it only makes sense they would find a way.

i hope you are right and i am sitting at least 8 rows from the floor in red in the corner as i am now without paying the big bucks. anything less i say the system failed me and i question what the hell i paid for the last 20 years.

Should we just call you Debbie Downer? Why dont you just let it play out and see where you are at. There isnt a bad seat in the building so I dont get why everyone seems to be bitching up a storm. We have a state of the art facility, be happy with it

So after hearing for 2 years about how all the cartels would be broken up, you are now worrying about an increase in cartels designed to help people with little to no points? The paranoia continues.

Billikan and SLU72's explanation of the red seats being taken makes sense. I guess we could always make the families and recruits sit in the last row so that the members of Billikens.com get the best seats possible.... :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, you were limited to 8 seats max but if you had only bought 4 before, you could only buy 4 now and would have to come back. If you had 12 before you could only have 8 now and have to come back for the other 4. Did I misremember? - sorry I could not pass it up.

I saw a number of husband and wife or father and son duos picking so I do not think this will a problem at all but as they let in more people a a time I am sure they will be concerned about the number of people in the arena at one time because they have to keep close tabs on everyone.

No but the letter I got said that only 2 people would be allowed in per ranking.

If I remember correctly, you were limited to 8 seats max but if you had only bought 4 before, you could only buy 4 now and would have to come back. If you had 12 before you could only have 8 now and have to come back for the other 4. Did I misremember? - sorry I could not pass it up.

i dont think that is correct. i thought you could come back after everyone has purchased to buy more than the 8. but at our appt anyone can buy up to 8. maybe i misremember too though.

he is buying his own.

Roy, when was the last time you looked at the online virtual tour? The first row of red seats is basecally the 7th or 8th row so apparently you expected to be the very first one to pick red seats when you selected at 337. Otherwise, you just set your expectations way to high and are going to end up disapointed.

http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/saint_louis_un...ity/basketball/

Hopefully you really don't believe the ONLY reason you've donated money the past 20 years was so that you could get a primo seat in a new stadium. There are plenty of other benefits of BC membership that you have enjoyed over the years so don't act like you got nothing.

Maybe Box and I should just leave the kids to bake in the car??? What is wrong with you on this subject?

Nothing is wrong with me - all I did was tell you what the letter said. For some reason you think that you can decide to make the rules for yourself regardless of who is in charge. If having the kids with you is such a problem then don't bring them. I guess another thought is that they would probably let you into the arena lobby which is air conditioned but you don't have to bring them into the selection process - one of you can stay with them. This is a silly discussion - all I said was people should follow the rules and you want to not follow the rules and write your own. If you were invited somewhere and the invitation only included you and your wife why would you think you can bring your kids?

Does anyone know how many folks can join the ticket holder to pick out seats? Is it equal to the number of seats to be selected? I called the ticket office a few weeks ago and they told me the ticket holder and one other. Is that still valid?

There seems to be some debate about how many people can come to choose seats. The only evidence that I see of a limitation is the above post. I have not received anything that says how many people can come. So, unless I read this board or call the office, I am unaware of any limitation(rule). In rereading both letters I received there is no mention of the number of people that can come. As far as I'm concerned, there is no rule since it hasn't been publicized. It is up to the individual.

There seems to be some debate about how many people can come to choose seats. The only evidence that I see of a limitation is the above post. I have not received anything that says how many people can come. So, unless I read this board or call the office, I am unaware of any limitation(rule). In rereading both letters I received there is no mention of the number of people that can come. As far as I'm concerned, there is no rule since it hasn't been publicized. It is up to the individual.

it appears blue and gold are both about 60% filled, so far