Take it for what it is worth

My father was riding back from Charlotte to STL on Saturday and said he sat next to a taller male with an accent. They began to talk and the kid said he was on a basketball visit to SLU. He noted that he was 6'9" and had spent two years in America in prep school after coming from an African nation. My father then noted that he was met at the airport by what he thought was one of the Billiken players, although he could not remember which one. I apologize about the lack of details, but that is all I have. I will leave it up to others to speculate.......

My father was riding back from Charlotte to STL on Saturday and said he sat next to a taller male with an accent. They began to talk and the kid said he was on a basketball visit to SLU. He noted that he was 6'9" and had spent two years in America in prep school after coming from an African nation. My father then noted that he was met at the airport by what he thought was one of the Billiken players, although he could not remember which one. I apologize about the lack of details, but that is all I have. I will leave it up to others to speculate.......

I wonder if it was Jensen who picked him up. I not sure players would be picking a recruit up at the airport by themselves.

I love the "just saw at the airport" posts. This one's great because it's so vague, adds to the mystery and speculation. Maybe Obi Ikefor feels bad about having taken SLU's money for 2 years and contributing zilch so he turned us on to a younger cousin sans the arthritic knees.

Thanks for the info. I like the fact that we continue to hear about big men. We need another big man. A juco big would be great.

Well, let's hope he is impressed with the facilities and inks with us right away!!!! Git-r-dun, coach!

A "taller" male? Better than a taller female. News from the airport? I don't know. First time poster. Fishy? Trying to stir the falsities pot? But hey, I was staying at a Marriot in Cleveland about 20 years ago and saw a really really taller black Male standing out front and a Cleveland State Van parked next to him. Turned out to be Manute Bol. He eventually signed with Cleveland State, soooo let's not totally discount it.

A "taller" male? Better than a taller female. News from the airport? I don't know. First time poster. Fishy? Trying to stir the falsities pot? But hey, I was staying at a Marriot in Cleveland about 20 years ago and saw a really really taller black Male standing out front and a Cleveland State Van parked next to him. Turned out to be Manute Bol. He eventually signed with Cleveland State, soooo let's not totally discount it.

Well, while Im not a first time poster, your cynicism is valid. My screen name used to be "TheGoat", but when the site changed over i changed it, and since I have moved to Philly, I havent posted as much. I used to sit right next to skip at the games behind the bench and went to SLU from 99-05 undergrad and grad. However, the info is real and i apologize about the "vagueness", but unfortunately my dad is a supporter but not much of a fan and doesn't pay attention all that well. The kid did tell him that he was 6'9", and went to prep school for two years after moving to the states, and hoped on the plane in Charlotte. That is all I have.

Well, while Im not a first time poster, your cynicism is valid. My screen name used to be "TheGoat", but when the site changed over i changed it, and since I have moved to Philly, I havent posted as much. I used to sit right next to skip at the games behind the bench and went to SLU from 99-05 undergrad and grad. However, the info is real and i apologize about the "vagueness", but unfortunately my dad is a supporter but not much of a fan and doesn't pay attention all that well. The kid did tell him that he was 6'9", and went to prep school for two years after moving to the states, and hoped on the plane in Charlotte. That is all I have.

Thanks for the info.. This is what message boards are for.

I will vouch for the authenticity of the goat.

There goes your credibility.

I appreciate the post and believe in its validity...

Anybody have any idea who this kid is? 6'9, African, 2 years of prep school. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but I'm not having any luck.

I'm wondering if the "African nation" part of the story in a mistake. My understanding is that Rodrigo Peggau is from Brazil and went to prep school in North Carolina, thus the Charlotte reference. But I'm just speculating. Plus Peggau has an offer and I haven't read anything about him visiting yet.

I'm wondering if the "African nation" part of the story in a mistake. My understanding is that Rodrigo Peggau is from Brazil and went to prep school in North Carolina, thus the Charlotte reference. But I'm just speculating. Plus Peggau has an offer and I haven't read anything about him visiting yet.

Is this kid any good?

Any press conferences set for tomorrow? Believe tomorrow is the last day of signing. Correct?

It doesn't matter at this point. A player can still sign a financial aid agreement and play next year. From a players perspective a LOI only binds them while a financial aid agreement gives them the option to come if they want to.

Is this kid any good?

I don't know. He initially signed with James Madison but for whatever reason was released from his letter of intent. There were some prior (a week or so ago) posts about him. If I recall, the thinking was that he would have to toughen up, but he could shoot from the outside. But we are in need of some big bodies who could give us some minutes.

I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe "South American" somehow got turned into "African"? Man, I love how this board (myself included) starts twisting and turning things in the offseason. ;)

It is crazy. I just hope when it is all said and done we have at least 7 of the nine spots filled with eligible players. We need to get to that number for practices alone.

It is crazy. I just hope when it is all said and done we have at least 7 of the nine spots filled with eligible players. We need to get to that number for practices alone.

Don't stress it Brian. They'll just set chairs out there on the court in place of the missing players. I mean clearly our basketball program is not stressing it so why should we? They told two bigs from last year's team to hit the road. They prefer to get by with chairs on the practice court.

Don't stress it Brian. They'll just set chairs out there on the court in place of the missing players. I mean clearly our basketball program is not stressing it so why should we? They told two bigs from last year's team to hit the road. They prefer to get by with chairs on the practice court.

I will give Rickma the benefit of the doubt for now, but I would have feel a lot better if those spots were filled already.

Maybe "South American" somehow got turned into "African"? Man, I love how this board (myself included) starts twisting and turning things in the offseason. :)

Perhaps the man made an assumption based on the color of the kid's skin. Not all dark skin people are from Africa.