First Look Inside Chaifetz

Guest BillikenReport

Very cool pics. Can't wait to get in there for the Globetrotters.

I saw your post on the subscribers forum regarding Dustin. Pretty interesting insight.

I read that post also, If its true some people are going to be surprised. Oh yeah thanks for the pics Nate the place looks great. I cant wait to see it rocking next year. Majerus' name along with a state of the art facility is recruiting gold if you ask me.

I read that post also, If its true some people are going to be surprised. Oh yeah thanks for the pics Nate the place looks great. I cant wait to see it rocking next year. Majerus' name along with a state of the art facility is recruiting gold if you ask me.

It's hard to believe that the day that we have been waiting for for over 20 years(maybe 30 or 40, I'm just not old enough to remember) is finally here. This is the component that has always kept SLU from being a legitimate player in the big dance. It's hard to have a good dance if your dance hall stinks.

Guest BillikenReport

Media turnout was OK while I was there. I walked around with Earl Austin Jr., who I think really liked it.

Tom T was there. There were some radio stations, like KMOX, represented. I think all the main TV stations were there, but some were just cameramen shooting everything. Katie Felts from Channel 5 was there doing some interviews.

There should be a lot of coverage on the news today/tonight so everyone will be able to see a lot more of the place.

There are still parts under construction. There were guys in the weight room area installing the pieces of the floor while we were in there. There is a lot of furniture in boxes that has to be set up.

On one area of the concourse is going to be a tribute to past players. I don't know if it's just Billiken hall of famers or not, but I'm sure it will be a nice area when it's done.

- Nate

Guest BillikenReport

I hope they intend to move the banners from Scottcrap center to chaifetz or get new banners

They will have banners, but I don't know if they will be the old ones or new ones.

Also, what do people think of the four scoreboards? There apparently won't be a center court scoreboard, but I think the four in the corners will work just fine.

- Nate

They will have banners, but I don't know if they will be the old ones or new ones.

Also, what do people think of the four scoreboards? There apparently won't be a center court scoreboard, but I think the four in the corners will work just fine.

- Nate

Nate, I think the question most people want to hear the answer to is what the hell are they going to with Guy "correction" Phillips? Was there any info leaked regarding that?

- Nate

The place is looking great. I don't think there will be a bad seat in the house. For the people worried about losing good seats to high prices, it appears the "upper" seats are almost as good as the "lower" seats at ScottTrade. I think the four scoreboards are fine. They look like big screens that will be great for replays and give everybody a view. Only gripe is that I didn't see many Billikens. I think we need to splash our logo all over that place and try to create some school spirit.

I know that the arena is going to be brand new and I may be looking way to far ahead but could anyone invision a day when we would have to expand the billiken dome up to meet the demand for billiken basketball

I don't want to get into the arena size argument again, but I think increased demand will only add to the atmosphere at the current size. I see no reason to ever go bigger. The best atmosphere in the country--Cameron Indoor--seats under 10,000, and they could probably fill 3 or 4 times that number.

Guest BillikenReport

Only gripe is that I didn't see many Billikens. I think we need to splash our logo all over that place and try to create some school spirit.

I thought about that as I was walking around. There aren't many logos in there right now.

I think that will be part of the finishing touches.

As you walk around the concourse area, there are lots of photos up above you signifying different aspects of SLU: like student life, athletics, academics, etc. I didn't get any pictures of that, but it is a nice touch.

- Nate

I thought about that as I was walking around. There aren't many logos in there right now.

I think that will be part of the finishing touches.

As you walk around the concourse area, there are lots of photos up above you signifying different aspects of SLU: like student life, athletics, academics, etc. I didn't get any pictures of that, but it is a nice touch.

- Nate

Just curious, is the Billiken HOF moving to the new arena?

Screw the old banners - the fine folks at the Scottrade center never added Brad's two NIT appearances to the NIT banner. Then again, I'm guessing our athletic department never asked for it to be done either.

Forget student life and academics - the place should be a shrine to Billiken basketball.

Screw the old banners - the fine folks at the Scottrade center never added Brad's two NIT appearances to the NIT banner. Then again, I'm guessing our athletic department never asked for it to be done either.

The fine folks at Scottrade were too busy building shrines to the MVC, Mizzou and Illini while doing nothing, absolutely nothing, to its long-time tenant who gave them alot of money over the year and who even agreed to be a long-term tenant in the first place to help civic progress and not build our arena back in the 1990s. Goodbye Kiel or whatever you are calling yourself now.