Cassity

brianstl

According to a poster on Salukitalk who is friends with Cassity we offered him last night.

i just talked to my boy.... from the man's mouth Quote:

"SLU offered last night... im goin to evansville to a game today... and belien from michigan is comin down sunday"

it's safe to say things are very much heating up when Michigan's coach comes to the small town of Pinckneyville, Illinois to get a very good athlete that many others overlooked... and seeing that they've seen him play in person 3 times it sure doesn't hurt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHATCHU TALKIN' BOUT, WILLIS!?!?

A post about Cassity from Salukitalk:

well no offense i know i don't know you msn... but seeing that it says you're from Wisconsin you probably have never seen this kid play or know anything about the program at Pinckneyville. Pinckneyville plays team ball, Kyle has played since he was a freshman, started at the point since the first game his sophmore year... won team MVP as a sophmore on a team that went 32-3 and got 4th place at the IHSA State Tournament, was All-Conference for 3 years, Best Defensive Player and Honorable Mention State the Past 2 years and will certainly make All-State this year.... he guards the best player on every team EVERY night. There is no AAU basketball to get his name out besides the little he was able to play last summer when he had to drive 2 and a half hours to St. Louis to play...

That's when he got the small offers.... BEFORE THE SEASON... as the season has gone along numerous schools have began to look at him... i'm not saying that he will definitely go to a Michigan and i know the kid very well and he's very level headed and realistic... he wants to go to slu... he will go D1 most likely mid-major but if Michigan makes an offer it will be hard to turn down. Several school have looked with alot of intrest... Evansville's coach was just interviewed at halftime of the Pinckneyville Senior Night game just moments ago so he is seriously being looked... when Michigan comes to watch you 3 times and is going to have a sit down with you in the smalll town of Pinckneyville, nearly 30 minutes from the closest interstate... the kid must be doing something of note!

Again, I see him going to a SLU, OVC or possibly an MVC school. i do not see him going to a school lower than that... you never know UMKC still looks appeasing because kyle wants the best education and felt real comfortable when he went on his official visit there. but SLU really sticks out with how close it is to home, for some odd reason he wants to play for Majerus so who knows... when he was invited to the Evansville/Creighton game the other night he really enjoyed the Arena and the Facilities... the decision will come down to what is best for this man personally, academically, and lastly basketball... very good and respectable young man that i thought you should know a little back story on...

will he go to Michigan? who knows. Will he go to S. Carolina? still to be seen. Will Vandy offer? that is yet to be seen... but this will be a decision that he will think long and hard about... Kyle is courting these schools just as hard as they are him and i ensure that

Some people are saying we have offered this kid. I have never seem him play, but he sounds like a kid that may have slipped under the radar because he didn't play much AAU ball.

• 3 weeks later...

well no offense i know i don't know you msn... but seeing that it says you're from Wisconsin you probably have never seen this kid play or know anything about the program at Pinckneyville. Pinckneyville plays team ball, Kyle has played since he was a freshman, started at the point since the first game his sophmore year... won team MVP as a sophmore on a team that went 32-3 and got 4th place at the IHSA State Tournament, was All-Conference for 3 years, Best Defensive Player and Honorable Mention State the Past 2 years and will certainly make All-State this year.... he guards the best player on every team EVERY night. There is no AAU basketball to get his name out besides the little he was able to play last summer when he had to drive 2 and a half hours to St. Louis to play...

That's when he got the small offers.... BEFORE THE SEASON... as the season has gone along numerous schools have began to look at him... i'm not saying that he will definitely go to a Michigan and i know the kid very well and he's very level headed and realistic... he wants to go to slu... he will go D1 most likely mid-major but if Michigan makes an offer it will be hard to turn down. Several school have looked with alot of intrest... Evansville's coach was just interviewed at halftime of the Pinckneyville Senior Night game just moments ago so he is seriously being looked... when Michigan comes to watch you 3 times and is going to have a sit down with you in the smalll town of Pinckneyville, nearly 30 minutes from the closest interstate... the kid must be doing something of note!

Again, I see him going to a SLU, OVC or possibly an MVC school. i do not see him going to a school lower than that... you never know UMKC still looks appeasing because kyle wants the best education and felt real comfortable when he went on his official visit there. but SLU really sticks out with how close it is to home, for some odd reason he wants to play for Majerus so who knows... when he was invited to the Evansville/Creighton game the other night he really enjoyed the Arena and the Facilities... the decision will come down to what is best for this man personally, academically, and lastly basketball... very good and respectable young man that i thought you should know a little back story on...

will he go to Michigan? who knows. Will he go to S. Carolina? still to be seen. Will Vandy offer? that is yet to be seen... but this will be a decision that he will think long and hard about... Kyle is courting these schools just as hard as they are him and i ensure that

just thought it was kinda cool to see that something i said was quoted on another site.... weird

Believe it or not, there Law School is supposed to be pretty good.

Cassity isn't going to be looking at law schools when he is picking an undergrad program and a place to play D1 basketball. Regardless, UMKC's law school is tier 3, which I wouldn't consider pretty good.

Don't they have some strange accelrated program for med school?

Im not sure about their med school or law school but their dental program is suppose to be one of the best, maybe that has changed over the years who knows

Cassity isn't going to be looking at law schools when he is picking an undergrad program and a place to play D1 basketball. Regardless, UMKC's law school is tier 3, which I wouldn't consider pretty good.

They're tier 3 in the undergrad rankings as well.

I thought it was better than that. I was wrong. It won't be the last time. Did you hear......I was also wrong about Monmouth earlier in the year. Ask Postcard, he will tell you all about it.

i watched cassity the last two nights at the state tourney on tv. really nice player. still skinny, but i think he is stronger than he looks. he played inside on defense and guarded big kids and did fine. on offense he plays every position on the floor for his tiny high school.

he definitely has division one guard skills. and is obviously a very good player. if i had to compare him to a prior area player, maybe ryan robertson would fit.

i watched cassity the last two nights at the state tourney on tv. really nice player. still skinny, but i think he is stronger than he looks. he played inside on defense and guarded big kids and did fine. on offense he plays every position on the floor for his tiny high school.

he definitely has division one guard skills. and is obviously a very good player. if i had to compare him to a prior area player, maybe ryan robertson would fit.

Of all of the players you have ever seen you compare him to a McDonald's All American who set the national record for assists in high school? Maybe you should aim just a touch lower. The thing i find interesting is he played on the same team with Femi John, Anthony Booker and Tyler Griffey all summer and SLU is just now getting around to offering him.

I think he is a good player but maybe you should find a different comparison than Ryan Robertson.

Of all of the players you have ever seen you compare him to a McDonald's All American who set the national record for assists in high school? Maybe you should aim just a touch lower. The thing i find interesting is he played on the same team with Femi John, Anthony Booker and Tyler Griffey all summer and SLU is just now getting around to offering him.

I think he is a good player but maybe you should find a different comparison than Ryan Robertson.

So you're comparison would be?

I'm fairly certain Roy's comparison was meant to be style of play, build, etc. not that Cassity is as good as Robertson. The nature of a comparison is to pick a previous, well known (hence most likely very good) player that reminds them of the skillsets. No where did Roy indicate that he thought Cassity was as good as or better than Robertson

oj, i stick with that. in fact my original comparison thought was a player with an even higher profile but the player played so long ago, i decided not to use that player as the name would be confused to what he turned into not the player i was remembering in his high school days at benton about 30 years ago.

oj, i stick with that. in fact my original comparison thought was a player with an even higher profile but the player played so long ago, i decided not to use that player as the name would be confused to what he turned into not the player i was remembering in his high school days at benton about 30 years ago.

Doug Collins was good. Michigan is supposed to have offered Cassity now as well.