Announcer?--No Guy Phillips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gister

Who was the announcer tonight? It sounded like his last name was Buck (no, not that Buck), but I couldn't make it out.

Anyway, he was like a breath of fresh air. He was probably a fill-in, but I thought he did a very good job.

who was the scoreboard attendant I thought he/she was all air-I trust the Chaifetz will get us someone who will at least keep the right players in the game, keep track of number of fouls, points, time outs and sit near the score keeper just in case he/ she loses track and needs a peek. While we are at it let's train a time keeper so we don't roll precious seconds off the clock late in the game when we are behind and the ball is out of bounds.

Who was the announcer tonight? It sounded like his last name was Buck (no, not that Buck), but I couldn't make it out.

Anyway, he was like a breath of fresh air. He was probably a fill-in, but I thought he did a very good job.

It was Joe Pott, radio voice for the Gateway Grizzlies, (minor league baseball team in Sauget) he was great. None of the silly shtick that Guy Phillips uses. BTW, Guy had the flu.

I agree he did a great job. I don't think I heard the word correction once last night.

The guy did a great job last night. If anybody in the athletic department was paying attention they should sign that guy up for the new building now. He was flashy, but you don't need to be in that job. Pott was solid and that is all you need to be at that job.

Has anyone sent emails to the Athletic Department about this? We should start a campaign. Main points:

1. New Arena, new era of Billiken basketball, therefore new PA guy

2. No Guy "Correction" Phillips under any circumstances

3. This is a basketball game, not an annoying morning commuter radio show. He adds to the perception of our beloved program as a dog and pony show.

4. Suggestion for replacement, if any (anyone but Guy will do)

Has anyone sent emails to the Athletic Department about this? We should start a campaign. Main points:

1. New Arena, new era of Billiken basketball, therefore new PA guy

2. No Guy "Correction" Phillips under any circumstances

3. This is a basketball game, not an annoying morning commuter radio show. He adds to the perception of our beloved program as a dog and pony show.

4. Suggestion for replacement, if any (anyone but Guy will do)

I'm definitely going to do that. I'd be fine with the guy from last night.

I absolutely loved the fact that we had this new announcer. He was a huge improvement in every way over Phillips!

-i guess i do not pay that much attention to the pa announcer as i don't have a problem with guy or an opinion on the guy from thurs night

-i do remember the pa announcer who used to say "3 point basket by eeerrrwwwiiinnn cccccllllaaaagggggggggeeeeettttt"