Here's our new AD

ACE

I'm kind of relieved because although I assume that Metz is one of the morons posting lately, there is no doubt he would have returned to the board if we hired the ND guy.

His IP address is blocked, I believe. And none of these current guys remotely resemble Metz in their writing style or comments.

Anyway, I'm also very curious about this hire. Instead of the guy from the Catholic school that has built a very good basketball program to complement that other sport it's known for, we go with a guy from one of the most controversy-heavy athletic departments in recent history. He also oversaw the basketball programs, which aren't very good there. He's been in that athletic department for over 20 years, but has spent only a few in leadership roles. I wouldn't mind bringing him in to head the marketing department, but is he Athletic Director material? Just looking from the 10,000-foot level, I don't see why we went with him over the ND guy.

If anyone knows more about this, I'm curious to know. I obviously haven't met or worked with either guy, it just doesn't seem logical on paper.

His IP address is blocked, I believe. And none of these current guys remotely resemble Metz in their writing style or comments.

The recent posts have been more "Meth" than "Metz" in their tone (Bonwich is working on a Castilian joke as I type...)

Anyway, I'm also very curious about this hire. Instead of the guy from the Catholic school that has built a very good basketball program to complement that other sport it's known for, we go with a guy from one of the most controversy-heavy athletic departments in recent history. He also oversaw the basketball programs, which aren't very good there. He's been in that athletic department for over 20 years, but has spent only a few in leadership roles. I wouldn't mind bringing him in to head the marketing department, but is he Athletic Director material? Just looking from the 10,000-foot level, I don't see why we went with him over the ND guy.

If anyone knows more about this, I'm curious to know. I obviously haven't met or worked with either guy, it just doesn't seem logical on paper.

I'm with you. I would have thought that the Domer brought enough to the table to swing the decision in his favor. I like that our guy has experience in marketing and fundraising, but one would think that the Domer would have been strong in these areas as well - particularly in fundraising.

well i look forward to meeting the man and hearing him in person. hopefully the in person is more exciting than what we are reading between the lines.

one has to wonder if we are back to taking the more "economical" choice when making athletic dept decisions.

well i look forward to meeting the man and hearing him in person. hopefully the in person is more exciting than what we are reading between the lines.

one has to wonder if we are back to taking the more "economical" choice when making athletic dept decisions.

After all of this time I have to believe that this hire is a direct result of input from Majerus. In past years we have had committees, etc. I also question getting someone from Colorado but I believe those problems were related to the football team and the recruiting process and I would doubt that someone in his position would be dealing with any of it except to try to calm down the alumni and the donors. I am willing to keep an open mind until we see what he can do.

After all of this time I have to believe that this hire is a direct result of input from Majerus. In past years we have had committees, etc. I also question getting someone from Colorado but I believe those problems were related to the football team and the recruiting process and I would doubt that someone in his position would be dealing with any of it except to try to calm down the alumni and the donors. I am willing to keep an open mind until we see what he can do.

I'd be interested to see how much success CU has had in sports besides basketball and football.

Good. Maybe he can start working on getting a decent television schedule again.

We've put a lot into upgrading our program, but without a decent local television package we'll still seem like a second rate program to the average fan.

Until the CSTV deal runs out or is amended his hands will be tied. Cheryl was furious at how her options were limited by that deal and it was put in place over our objections.

Newsflash. Fr. Biondi ignored and drove out a fine AD and people wonder why talented men and women are not clamoring for the SLU job?

Also, while I nothing about May or the ND guy, don't anyone ever think SLU and ND, other than both are Catholic, are comparable. The loyalty domers have to their school and athletic teams is quite impressive - even though this same loyalty can be quite annoying and cause domers to think their sh*t doesn't stink. Just because someone can raise money for ND does not mean he can raise money for SLU.

Finally, we all knew RM would pick the AD so what's the big deal now that he has?