This team is so d*** frustrating

That game tonight was pathetic on so many levels. That's really all I can say. Look, I love the Bills but something has to change.

When we pressed for the last 4 mins we looked like a different team, but obviously we can't do that the entire game.

we could if he would utilize mitchell, relphorde, play brown and eberhardt more.

no, there are enough bodies to play more frentic paced. ironically, i think (no one has told me this but nothing else makes sense) the reason mitchell and relphorde dont play is they dont get the system, but they and brown would work well in what we did the last 4 minutes considering how athletic they are.

but they and brown would work well in what we did the last 4 minutes considering how athletic they are.

Brown is a TERRIBLE defensive player. He's awful. We do need more bodies though. Also, if we would trap the entire game I think Mitchell could excel at this type of system.

Also, I have no idea what you guys see in Eberhardt. The guy plays hard but that's about all I can see. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spots.

Brown is a TERRIBLE defensive player. He's awful. We do need more bodies though. Also, if we would trap the entire game I think Mitchell could excel at this type of system.

Also, I have no idea what you guys see in Eberhardt. The guy plays hard but that's about all I can see. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spots.

Barry has been battling the flu, he will be and has been much better than tonight

that is because probably 90% of the time he is playing center instead of pf. the few times he gets to play pf and face the basket more and guard and be guarded by players more his size he is a different player. however if he is going to be a center, i agree he will be ineffective.

the solution is let him play pf and play with husak. if husak needs a few minutes, i am sure knollmeyer can make that work for a couple or three minutes.

the lineup moves majerus makes have been boggling considering the size and athleticism of the players sitting on the bench. they cant be that much worse.

that is because probably 90% of the time he is playing center instead of pf. the few times he gets to play pf and face the basket more and guard and be guarded by players more his size he is a different player. however if he is going to be a center, i agree he will be ineffective.

the solution is let him play pf and play with husak. if husak needs a few minutes, i am sure knollmeyer can make that work for a couple or three minutes.

the lineup moves majerus makes have been boggling considering the size and athleticism of the players sitting on the bench. they cant be that much worse.

Last night on the post game show - not Rammers but the one that is at a remote location - said that the 3 outside shots BH took was a result of him being tired. So once again, you can only play BH so many minutes before he tires out and then he is ineffectual. We just don't have any bench depth nor do we have any shooters.

Last night on the post game show - not Rammers but the one that is at a remote location - said that the 3 outside shots BH took was a result of him being tired. So once again, you can only play BH so many minutes before he tires out and then he is ineffectual. We just don't have any bench depth nor do we have any shooters.

how do we know. knollmeyer, relphorde and mitchell didnt move last night.

it would be different if the players ahead of them were all tearing it up.

I suspect all three may be moving to a different program before the season is through.

You've got to think that's the case right (rhetorical)? I mean, why not get these guys at least a little p.t.? With these guys not seeing any playing time and all the talk of up to 7 new guys next year, i gotta believe they are gone at semester break or the end of the year.

how do we know. knollmeyer, relphorde and mitchell didnt move last night.

it would be different if the players ahead of them were all tearing it up.

Agreed. If those 3 (2 if you exclude AK) can't be much worse during the game that what is out there now. If the starting 5 was working then I can see them sitting on the bench all night. That is not the case so why not try something different? If they are that bad how did they even make their high school teams? I don't know how many minutes MR and AM have logged this year so far but would assume it is not enough to judge. It's broken, fix it.

There is not a lot there to get.

i think that at least mitchell and relphorde are ever bit the athletes and talents that our guards past meyer, lisch and liddell. if there is a difference it doesnt justify the difference in playing time being rationed now. and if playing time is the great motivator, what better way to motivate our guards than to play those not playing more.

like i said, it would be different if the players playing were winning every game and producing.

i think that at least mitchell and relphorde are ever bit the athletes and talents that our guards past meyer, lisch and liddell. if there is a difference it doesnt justify the difference in playing time being rationed now. and if playing time is the great motivator, what better way to motivate our guards than to play those not playing more.

like i said, it would be different if the players playing were winning every game and producing.

Majerus doesn't care about athletes. He cares about basketball players. Mitchell is athletic yeah, I'll give you that but he is essentially a 6'4 power forward. Relphorde plays lackadaisical defense and we all know Majerus loves Defense first and foremost. Look, they should probably be getting time but Majerus doesn't give a crap if you are an offensive stud if you can't play defense.

There is not a lot <of talent> there to get.

While we can debate for months how much talent there is to mine on this team, it is correct to note this team DID win twenty games last year with 80% of that team carried over, with an additional year of seasoning, and a new coaching staff comprised of some top flight mid major basketball hounds.

I know the Majerus system will not run well until seasoned players have two years experience implementing it. The concepts are easy, but the implementation is very difficult. Right now his system relies on turning our two best passer/ballhandlers(Lisch and Liddell) into assist machines, when his sytem normally relies on the best pick setters also being his best shooters - the man who will be open will be the one who screens. As a result, TL went into last night's game averaging 10 ppg. We have no big men who can set good high post screens, so the system looks quite ugly.

I am still waiting to read one of last year's complaints about us running a full court press. We actually have five players who can play a full court this year, but no one raises this as a complaint against RM.

BE and DB were beaten like drums on defense last night, and Danny has lost half a step on lateral quickness. They both need to pick it up on the defensive end if we can have any hope when we hit conference play

I am still waiting to read one of last year's complaints about us running a full court press. We actually have five players who can play a full court this year, but no one raises this as a complaint against RM.

I disagree with that statement. Check out the Sam Houston game thread. I raised the complaint during the game.

Thicks - I meant to include "posted by one of last year's harpies."

One of my pet bugaboos is watching people exhibit collective amnesia. A significant flaw in He Who Shall Not be Named was his inability to make needed game adjustments. Now we have a coaching staff that would not adjust to keep the ball going in to BH when the backup center got his fourth foul, the starting center got his second foul, and BH was scoring every play down in the paint, or at the line.

We finally have two extra guards with wheels(Eckerle and Mitchell.) When the game was slipping away, we waited until SHS had a fifteen point lead before we went to the press. While it represented a defensive adjustment, it came three minutes too late in the game.

For the people who think RM is God and can not be faulted, keep in mind that big time coaches and programs should be taken to task for their faults, just as the mom and pop miracle programs. This game was eminently winnable if three or four small adjustments had been made at the proper time. It was not one of RM's better coached games.

rm should change to something that works. He's old school we need a new system

i dont necessarily agree with that. but maybe a gradual implementation when he has the players that are better suited for that system. he has now introduced that offense. i dont think he should junk it. i think he should modify it to utilize the talent he has now or use it at appropriate matchup scenarios when full use of it would obviously work.

as we get higher quality and quanity of effective bigs, you go back to it gradually.

but to say that old school vs new school isnt really accurate. it all comes down to the personell involved on both sides. that is what is so puzzling. majerus is famous for adapting to the game and opponent at hand. now he wont? doesnt make sense.

i dont necessarily agree with that. but maybe a gradual implementation when he has the players that are better suited for that system. he has now introduced that offense. i dont think he should junk it. i think he should modify it to utilize the talent he has now or use it at appropriate matchup scenarios when full use of it would obviously work.

as we get higher quality and quanity of effective bigs, you go back to it gradually.

but to say that old school vs new school isnt really accurate. it all comes down to the personell involved on both sides. that is what is so puzzling. majerus is famous for adapting to the game and opponent at hand. now he wont? doesnt make sense.

I disagree. You get done with the growing pains this year. One of the big problems with learning the systems this year is the fact that there are no players to help newcomers to the systems to learn them. I don't want to go through any of this again next year. Pay the price this year.